ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins Researcher Confirms a HillzHoozier Hypothesis

My better half sarcastically refers to me as Doctor Darekill when I expound on my medical theories. Theories based upon having no medical training.

As to Covid, I preface my oratory by saying, "We all die eventually of something, or a combination of somethings".

Assume you have been targeted to die in say 10 to 15 years. Then along comes Covid and you recover from it. However the battle to recover shortens your life with the exact number of years it shortens your life depending on a number of factors.

Factors include overall health at the time of contracting virus, severity of attack, care or lack of care after the attack, type of health problems before the virus, etc., etc..

Can a person in poor health survive ?...answer, maybe. Can a person who is young and seemingly in good health not survive ?...well maybe.

Do have one thing in common with real medical experts, we both have a lot to learn about Covid 19.

Uhh......Hoot..... this is a thread for discussing ongoing conspiracies as ordered by the global pentavirate. I strike your post as nongermane.

Now lay out the other 270,697 stories of death and see if your example of 1 can accurately be extrapolated to the majority.

I mean my mother died at 70 and was a 16 year cancer survivor. She relapsed and was in the hospital getting cancer treatments when she got a thing called cdif which was an antibody reaction that was the straw that broke her back.

She was severely weakened by her cancer fight and struggled to have a normal life that wasn't compromised after she first 'beat' cancer.

So let's for fun replace Covid with Cancer, because I'm assuming we are in more agreement that cancer is not good.

What if there was a huge, worldwide medical movement that said doing three simple things....like wear eye black will greatly reduce the amount of cancer cases.

I say, this is stupid and a violation of my rights. Besides I can find on the internet singular dissuading opinions that can justify my personal belief that is against the overwhelming worldwide medical view.

So f that, I ain't wearing eye black.

I mean for one, more people survive cancer particularly over the next ten years of their life and it greatly varies by the kind of cancer. The biased media isn't conveniently reporting that.

The majority of cancer cases are in older populations. They are likely to die of something anyway. Not sure there is any proof that their life expectancy would be any different.

Three everyone knows that big pharma WANTS to push a cancer narrative because they get more money if a patient needs cancer 'treatment'.

Anyway I could continue building a cancer conspiracy but I'm just trying to point out the frustration that I have with the whole covid narrative.

It exists, people are getting really sick from it, it's putting tremendous stress on our health care system, no one knows the long term effects, it is a respitory issue, there are two holes in your face that allow air into your respitory system.

The basic adjustment is to cover the holes on your face with a clean piece of cloth and keep a reasonable distance from others when they are expelling out of their holes.

We'll find out in five to ten years whether it was all a waste of time but in the meantime, please do these very simple things and help your community and the economy.
I don't think anyone is refusing to wear masks or denying people are getting sick and dying from covid 19. The panic and restrictions are well-beyond overkill. Just asking you and others to consider opinions outside of your bubble.

Now lay out the other 270,697 stories of death and see if your example of 1 can accurately be extrapolated to the majority.

I mean my mother died at 70 and was a 16 year cancer survivor. She relapsed and was in the hospital getting cancer treatments when she got a thing called cdif which was an antibody reaction that was the straw that broke her back.

She was severely weakened by her cancer fight and struggled to have a normal life that wasn't compromised after she first 'beat' cancer.

So let's for fun replace Covid with Cancer, because I'm assuming we are in more agreement that cancer is not good.

What if there was a huge, worldwide medical movement that said doing three simple things....like wear eye black will greatly reduce the amount of cancer cases.

I say, this is stupid and a violation of my rights. Besides I can find on the internet singular dissuading opinions that can justify my personal belief that is against the overwhelming worldwide medical view.

So f that, I ain't wearing eye black.

I mean for one, more people survive cancer particularly over the next ten years of their life and it greatly varies by the kind of cancer. The biased media isn't conveniently reporting that.

The majority of cancer cases are in older populations. They are likely to die of something anyway. Not sure there is any proof that their life expectancy would be any different.

Three everyone knows that big pharma WANTS to push a cancer narrative because they get more money if a patient needs cancer 'treatment'.

Anyway I could continue building a cancer conspiracy but I'm just trying to point out the frustration that I have with the whole covid narrative.

It exists, people are getting really sick from it, it's putting tremendous stress on our health care system, no one knows the long term effects, it is a respitory issue, there are two holes in your face that allow air into your respitory system.

The basic adjustment is to cover the holes on your face with a clean piece of cloth and keep a reasonable distance from others when they are expelling out of their holes.

We'll find out in five to ten years whether it was all a waste of time but in the meantime, please do these very simple things and help your community and the economy.

Settle down a little. My posts are not about wearing masks and not about doing those reasonable things to stop the spread and stay healthy.

Instead my posts are about the mass emotional excess and even hysteria forced upon all of us by officials who like to hear themselves talk, by officials who like to be authoritarian, and by all who used Covid for a political advantage. The economic wreckage, the social wreckage, the educational wreckage, and the emotional problems left in their wake are disgraceful. Then as we watch the political privileged class go to fancy restaurants, go to hair salons, travel to see relatives, the rest of the peons are left to wonder what the f*ck.

Im lucky. My only inconvenience is not doing many things I like to do, including canceling this years ski season. But every time I see closed places of business I know that people have no work, business owners can’t pay leases, and lives are being ruined. I think less authority and more useful information and action would have been better.

Settle down a little. My posts are not about wearing masks and not about doing those reasonable things to stop the spread and stay healthy.

Instead my posts are about the mass emotional excess and even hysteria forced upon all of us by officials who like to hear themselves talk, by officials who like to be authoritarian, and by all who used Covid for a political advantage. The economic wreckage, the social wreckage, the educational wreckage, and the emotional problems left in their wake are disgraceful. Then as we watch the political privileged class go to fancy restaurants, go to hair salons, travel to see relatives, the rest of the peons are left to wonder what the f*ck.

Im lucky. My only inconvenience is not doing many things I like to do, including canceling this years ski season. But every time I see closed places of business I know that people have no work, business owners can’t pay leases, and lives are being ruined. I think less authority and more useful information and action would have been better.

Just don't forget the lockdowns are a last resort. No one wants to have to do them but they are the filing for bankruptcy option when the outbreak hits critical mass.

The question is why are they hitting critical mass.

My belief is because the country isn't unified and that's frustrating to me.

We spout about the evil media and the nefarious bad political actors and again it goes to having a divided country on this issue.

The 'media' in general has always been slanted but has been able to somewhat come together in crisis with a relative unified message.

That's not the environment we currently have and it's a problem because as we have seen, in times of crisis we have to be able to pull together.

But we can't right now.

I guess my point is it's so much easier to drill holes, criticize, downplay and create alternative theories than it is to come together and again, that's dangerous.

Oh and thank you for masking, distancing and doing things to hinder the spread.

So it's a global conspiracy driven by authoritarians in every corner of the developed world?

Just because you can write in complete paragraph form doesn't make your underlying ideas any less partisan/ conspiracy drivel than the wingnuts.

It seems that we tried information and widespread reopening in most of the country throughout the middle part of this year. And yet here we are again with daily deaths and hospitalizations exceeding the spring numbers.

What would you actually recommend regarding "useful information", that hasn't been widely pounded into our heads for the last many months.

You used to praise Fauci and the "taskforce" constantly, until they started saying things that didn't fit your lens, apparently. Now you're off in some bizarro world that seems exceedingly detached from reality.

The downfall has been Congress failing to provide fresh fiscal support to mainstreet business. The stock market is doing well, so the pressure is off.

None of this was ever going to be pretty. There was going to be a lot of pain. It's been foreshadowed for months that this was coming, that this winter was most certainly to bring a worse second wave, more restrictions, e.t.c..

And now that it's here.... we're supposed to act surprised and blame it upon "autocrats"? Please.

I don't think anyone is refusing to wear masks or denying people are getting sick and dying from covid 19. The panic and restrictions are well-beyond overkill. Just asking you and others to consider opinions outside of your bubble.

Actually this is a good post and I read it and went 'hmmmmm'.

My reaction is to see if other reputable people pick this up to where it becomes legitimate vs an isolated report from one respected person.

It's way too easy in today's age to find an opinion piece that fits the preferred narrative and hoist it up as proof of the narrative. It's a common ploy in today's internet age until that source starts spouting about demon sperm, etc.

I'm not at all saying these two are related and I'm not saying the article to posted is pure bullshit, I'm more waiting to see if other qualified people approve or disapprove her study.

So again, my reaction was 'hmmmm, I thought we had excess deaths this year?'.

Just don't forget the lockdowns are a last resort. No one wants to have to do them but they are the filing for bankruptcy option when the outbreak hits critical mass.

The question is why are they hitting critical mass.

My belief is because the country isn't unified and that's frustrating to me.

We spout about the evil media and the nefarious bad political actors and again it goes to having a divided country on this issue.

The 'media' in general has always been slanted but has been able to somewhat come together in crisis with a relative unified message.

That's not the environment we currently have and it's a problem because as we have seen, in times of crisis we have to be able to pull together.

But we can't right now.

I guess my point is it's so much easier to drill holes, criticize, downplay and create alternative theories than it is to come together and again, that's dangerous.
It’s at critical mass because it moves like a wildfire and is crazy contagious and I don’t believe masks do much other than provide a false sense of security. Distancing and isolation work. Absent that when it’s flaring numbers are going to be ugly - masks or no masks. I wear a mask bc it’s a tiny act of solidarity and better than nothing I guess

I have been in Mexico for 5 weeks with another to go. I was just sitting at the bar with an MD from Colorado and his wife works for the CDC. I’m going to meet up with them later for cocktails tonight.
They don’t just laugh at, but openly disdain the “anti-maskers”.

They view them as uninformed/purposely ignorant people, who have politicized something that, in normal times would bring Americans together.

COVID is not a hoax, and wearing a mask in public should be an absolute no brainer. Unfortunately, the anti-masker/anti-vaxers have no brains...so, apparently they’re “no-brainers” too.

Pathetic idiots are the cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths. That’s simply a fact.

I have been in Mexico for 5 weeks with another to go. I was just sitting at the bar with an MD from Colorado and his wife works for the CDC. I’m going to meet up with them later for cocktails tonight.

They view them as uninformed/purposely ignorant people, who have politicized something that, in normal times would bring Americans together.

COVID is not a hoax, and wearing a mask in public should be an absolute no brainer. Unfortunately, the anti-masker/anti-vaxers have no brains...so, apparently they’re “no-brainers” too.

Pathetic idiots are the cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths. That’s simply a fact.
Swingers?

How do you folks get that beer thru your mask while sitting at said bar?
Masked as you are

Reactions: stollcpa
It’s at critical mass because it moves like a wildfire and is crazy contagious and I don’t believe masks do much other than provide a false sense of security. Distancing and isolation work. Absent that when it’s flaring numbers are going to be ugly - masks or no masks. I wear a mask bc it’s a tiny act of solidarity and better than nothing I guess

I wore a protective barrier (with occasional slippage) throughout my teens and twenties, including a few raunchy tours through Brazil and Mexico, and a 4 year stint in a virus ridden place called Bloomington.....And I didn't catch a thing.......

How do you folks get that beer thru your mask while sitting at said bar?
Masked as you are

^^^Why today’s GOP is the laughing stock of the world...and why the US is the Alabama of the world in fighting the virus, so yuck it up!

:rolleyes:

Oh and thank you for masking, distancing and doing things to hinder the spread.

Most of us bad rube republicans do. My office was one of two in town that stopped appointments very early in the pandemic. I installed a plastic shield in our reception window to protect our receptionist.

This fall we have allowed appointments but discourage them. I have a box of masks on a table in the reception area for clients that come into the office without a mask.

We can have questions without being irresponsible.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Nope. Just educated scientists with an expertise in an area you chuckle at while we creep up on 300,000 dead Americans.

Funny stuff to some, I guess.
Relax. You’re in Mexico for five weeks. Not volunteering at your local hospital. Save it. Some of us are cognizant of the insidious impact of hysteria and draconian measures on the broader society. I don’t give two shits if the guy at the bar is a doctor. I’ll find one from Harvard in ten minutes to tell you the opposite.

Relax. You’re in Mexico for five weeks. Not volunteering at your local hospital. Save it. Some of us are also cognizant if the insidious impact of draconian measures on the broader society

Let me know when you volunteer. In the mean time, upon my return to the US, as I do here in Mexico, I will follow the advice of scientists, not snake oil salesmen.

;)

It’s called an education.

Reactions: StelioKontos
Let me know when you volunteer. In the mean time, upon my return to the US, as I do here in Mexico, I will follow the advice of scientists, not snake oil salesmen.

;)

It’s called an education.
It’s called a narrow view.

I know. Sorry you’re having trouble broadening it.
Sorry you’re infatuated with doctors. They see things a mile deep and an inch wide. Apparently you do too. A doctor setting policy is the last thing you want. Hopefully they’re swingers and your mood lifts

Sorry you’re infatuated with doctors. They see things a mile deep and an inch wide. Apparently you do too. Hopefully they’re swingers and your mood lifts

I guess I should be taking my advice about deadly viruses and global pandemics from ambulance chasers. Seems more prudent. ;)
Got it!

Reactions: UncleMark
I guess I should be taking my advice about deadly viruses and global pandemics from ambulance chasers. Seems more prudent. ;)
Got it!
I’ve sued doctors and represented doctors. I promise you you’d get better policy from an ambulance chaser. You realize most studied government right? No. You probably don’t....

I’ve sued doctors and represented doctors. I promise you you’d get better policy from an ambulance chaser

I’ll ask your advice when I slip on a patch of ice in front of Google headquarters, how’s that? Until then, stay in your lane. Cool?

I’ll ask your advice when I slip on a patch of ice in front of Google headquarters, how’s that? Until then, stay in your lane.
BA in political science. MA in public administration. Law degree. We’re talking policy and you think a doctor is in the fast lane? Lol F off. Maybe that doc will stick his thumb up your ass later

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
BA in political science. MA in public administration. Law degree. We’re talking policy and you think a doctor is in the fast lane? Lol F off. Maybe that doc will stick his thumb up your ass later

Well, since your irrelevant degrees haven’t helped you, one is an MD. The other is working for the CDC. Both are MDs. The one working for the CDC is also a PhD.

You are the one who are the laughing stock to experts in the field, not them. That is, if your opinion wasn’t so pathetic.

Take your own advice when you get cancer and bounce your medical questions off of an ambulance chaser...and I wish you the best of luck enjoying your settlement for the last weeks you’re alive.

Put your money where your mouth is, bro!

Well, since your irrelevant degrees haven’t helped you, one is an MD. The other is working for the CDC. Both are MDs. The one working for the CDC is also a PhD.

You are the one who are the laughing stock to experts in the field, not them. That is, if your opinion wasn’t so pathetic.

Take your own advice when you get cancer and bounce your medical questions off of an ambulance chaser...and I wish you the best of luck enjoying your settlement for the last weeks you’re alive.

Put your money where your money where your mouth is, bro!
No I just understand there are broader implications that have to be considered. I don’t want the head if the cdc setting policy. I want input but that input isn’t dispositive.

No I just understand there are broader implications that have to be considered. I don’t want the head if the cdc setting policy. I want input but that input isn’t dispositive.

No...it’s very clear that you don’t understand broader implications.

Your understanding of public policy is driven by nothing but Trumpolicy. Full stop.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT