ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari Coach of the Decade

Who cares? He would have gotten in at IU regardless. When is the last time a recruit wasn’t granted admission to IU?

Most players (at least under Crean) all had the same major. I wonder why? I don’t think it was because it was the most difficult one.

Players are generally vetted academically early in the recruiting process. Buss was the last guy I recall that was not admitted after doing poorly in the summer catchup program available to all high potential students that are not initially admitted.

Who cares? He would have gotten in at IU regardless. When is the last time a recruit wasn’t granted admission to IU?

Most players (at least under Crean) all had the same major. I wonder why? I don’t think it was because it was the most difficult one.
Remember the survey of Big 10 coaches that showed IU as the second easiest of all conference schools in which to be admitted. Getting kids into to school has rarely been an issue for IU.

Apply, get accepted, pursue and earn a degree . . . and your wait will end. Then you won’t have to make up stuff about the IUF, which I immediately revealed you as a fraud on. You’re convincing no one, Ace.

Stiiiil waiting Internet Tough Guy

Reactions: Radio Zero
Stiiiil waiting Internet Tough Guy

Apply and get accepted. You can do it. But you outed yourself by trying to bs your way through me with IU stuff that you didn’t know about. If you hadn’t tried so hard to pretend to be an insider, I would’ve let you up, but you persisted and I proved you were lying. If you’re upset, blame yourself. Ace.

Remember the survey of Big 10 coaches that showed IU as the second easiest of all conference schools in which to be admitted. Getting kids into to school has rarely been an issue for IU.
Yes. And by rarely you really mean never.

Players are generally vetted academically early in the recruiting process. Buss was the last guy I recall that was not admitted after doing poorly in the summer catchup program available to all high potential students that are not initially admitted.
He didn’t get admitted because we were oversigned and it was August. It’s pretty simple. Academics have never been an issue with IU players. Nor should it be.

Buss Patterson. Forget about him?

When was the time IU admitted a player who took Algebra III before Algebra II and got an A - even though every prior math course they had taken in high school they had NEVER gotten anything better than a C? And said IU player was admitted as “a part of (IU’s) normal institutional process”?

Can’t wait to hear this one . . . :rolleyes:

Buss Patterson. Forget about him?

When was the time IU admitted a player who took Algebra III before Algebra II and got an A - even though every prior math course they had taken in high school they had NEVER gotten anything better than a C? And said IU player was admitted as “a part of (IU’s) normal institutional process”?

Can’t wait to hear this one . . . :rolleyes:
Patterson was the product of still be oversigned 2 weeks before the start of school with no other alternatives.

Most IU players all take the same major. How do you explain that? Just coincidence?

Patterson was the product of still be oversigned 2 weeks before the start of school with no other alternatives.

Most IU players all take the same major. How do you explain that? Just coincidence?
Why won’t you answer the question? Name that IU player admitted with the same academic record as Bledsoe.

You think I review their transcripts in my spare time? Is that even legal? How would I or anyone else know? Get a clue kid.
Get a clue?

ROFLMAO!!

UK admitted Bledsoe "as part of their normal institutional process".

At other places - like Duke or IU? Can we land Romeo?

Again, this whole discussion began here:

UK fan here who dispenses truth, and here it is . . UK players . . . are student-athletes and go to the same classes and face the same requirements and restrictions as IU players. That is this true reality and no amount of denial on your part can change it to a different reality.

So, little fella, just how is the IU process the same as Kentucky's? Again, who is the player with Eric Bledsoe's academic record who was admitted to IUB as part of the "normal institutional process"?

Get a clue?

ROFLMAO!!

So, little fella, just how is the IU process the same as Kentucky's? Again, who is the player with Eric Bledsoe's academic record who was admitted to IUB as part of the "normal institutional process"?
WHO CARES? Why does it matter how he was admitted? What a terrible loser mentality.

You’ve been wrong on Calipari for a decade. You were wrong on Crean. You’re wrong on Archie. That’s three straight swinging strikes with no contact. Please go sit on the end of the bench now.

Get a clue?

ROFLMAO!!

You’re arguing over a special admissions decision that UK made over 10 years ago? Are you aware of IU’s special admissions processes and how they compare with the rest of the Big Ten schools? A recent survey of coaches pegged IU’s the second easiest school in which to gain admission, so you’re fruitlessly arguing over a very low standard. Anything to change the subject, huh?

You’re arguing over a special admissions decision that UK made over 10 years ago? Are you aware of IU’s special admissions processes and how they compare with the rest of the Big Ten schools? A recent survey of coaches pegged IU’s the second easiest school in which to gain admission, so you’re fruitlessly arguing over a very low standard. Anything to change the subject, huh?
He’s completely clueless and can’t see through his own delusions and biases. It’s sad when kids are this lost and don’t even realize it.

11truthteller said UK players "face the same requirements and restrictions as IU players."

So I'll ask you the same question: who is the IU player with Bledsoe's academic record who was admitted to IU under their "normal process" ?

Fpeaugh and other KY fans, read this article -
https://www.complex.com/sports/2017/03/dirtiest-programs-in-college-basketball/

When Calipari coached at Memphis, your fanbase derided him as the most corrupt coach in America. And rightfully so. He is the only coach to have two vacated Final Fours. But then Kentucky hires him and all of a sudden he becomes an honest guy who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Twice.

Kentucky basketball has the most delusional fanbase in the country.

And don't take any solace that a poster on this board (the Village Idiot, Fpeaugh) constantly sucks up to Calipari. He has a history of embarrassing himself and is clueless. He fits right in with other delusional KY fans. Take him back with you. Please.
Okay, some more truth. Cal coached at two colleges with vacated final fours. In this reality in which we actually live, he did nothing in either case to cause the final fours to be vacated. No matter how much IU fans want this not to be true, it factually is.

And another thing - you can't make it true that UK fans are delusional by repeating it. Some fan bases are. UK's fan base is not. We know exactly who we are and what our basketball program is. And we also know who you are, and what your program is.

Reality can be difficult to confront, but making up your own version so you can feel better about yourselves is not a winning strategy in the long run.

11truthteller said UK players "face the same requirements and restrictions as IU players."

So I'll ask you the same question: who is the IU player with Bledsoe's academic record who was admitted to IU under their "normal process" ?
You don’t know the answer to that any more than I do, since those decisions aren’t publicly disclosed. But to suggest IU is on some special pedestal academically is ignorant, at best. I’m not defending UK in respect of their decision regarding Bledsoe since I lack all of the information needed to make an informed judgement. You lack that information, too, yet you’re not so circumspect. The fact is no two universities make admittance decisions in the same manner, and standards can and do vary widely.

Better for you to jump agenda driven conclusions that to actually engage your brain, apparently. I highly doubt you can appreciate the irony of that.

You don’t know the answer to that any more than I do
True.

But what we DO know is the process by which such players would be admitted; I’ve provided those for both Duke and IU. UK stated that Bledsoe was admitted “as part of their normal institutional process”.

11truthteller trying to insist UK ballplayers are subject to the “same requirements and restrictions”, therefore, does not hold water.

True.

But what we DO know is the process by which such players would be admitted; I’ve provided those for both Duke and IU. UK stated that Bledsoe was admitted “as part of their normal institutional process”.

11truthteller trying to insist UK ballplayers are subject to the “same requirements and restrictions”, therefore, does not hold water.
Again, you don’t have any idea what’s involved in that process. You’re still talking about something that happened over a decade ago in an effort to make a worthless point. Again, you truly don’t know what UK’s or IU’s or anyone else’s processes and procedures are. Quit pretending like you do.

Again, you don’t have any idea what’s involved in that process. You’re still talking about something that happened over a decade ago in an effort to make a worthless point. Again, you truly don’t know what UK’s or IU’s or anyone else’s processes and procedures are. Quit pretending like you do.
The only worthless point is yours.

Okay, regarding Bledsoe and also Rose. I'm going to show you how reality works, since you just can't seem to grasp the concept. So, both situations happened while the players were still in high school. Now I know you want to believe that Cal intervened to ensure both were eligible to play basketball in college, but if he had, isn't it highly likely that several people would have known and would have revealed his involvement? The truthful answer is yes.

Okay, continuing. Isn't it true that the more likely scenario is that, if any shortcuts were taken on behalf of these individuals, they were most likely undertaken by their family, friends, and high school teachers and administrators, some for selfish reasons, some for altruistic reasons? Again, the truthful answer is yes.

Now notice that I don't pretend to know what actually happened, and I admit that it's possible that Cal was involved, but that it's highly unlikely. That's the way reality works. In reality, you can't know what you can't know, and wanting something to be true doesn't make it true.

And here is another example of how reality works. If these two individuals had wanted to attend IU, I believe IU would have admitted them. Now, notice I don't say that IU would have, because I don't actually know that, but I believe that would have been the case, and if you want to practice acknowledging reality, you will admit it, too.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Okay, regarding Bledsoe and also Rose. I'm going to show you how reality works, since you just can't seem to grasp the concept. So, both situations happened while the players were still in high school. Now I know you want to believe that Cal intervened to ensure both were eligible to play basketball in college, but if he had, isn't it highly likely that several people would have known and would have revealed his involvement? The truthful answer is yes.

Okay, continuing. Isn't it true that the more likely scenario is that, if any shortcuts were taken on behalf of these individuals, they were most likely undertaken by their family, friends, and high school teachers and administrators, some for selfish reasons, some for altruistic reasons? Again, the truthful answer is yes.

Now notice that I don't pretend to know what actually happened, and I admit that it's possible that Cal was involved, but that it's highly unlikely. That's the way reality works. In reality, you can't know what you can't know, and wanting something to be true doesn't make it true.

And here is another example of how reality works. If these two individuals had wanted to attend IU, I believe IU would have admitted them. Now, notice I don't say that IU would have, because I don't actually know that, but I believe that would have been the case, and if you want to practice acknowledging reality, you will admit it, too.
Didn’t I warn you, bitch?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Okay, some more truth. Cal coached at two colleges with vacated final fours. In this reality in which we actually live, he did nothing in either case to cause the final fours to be vacated. No matter how much IU fans want this not to be true, it factually is.

And another thing - you can't make it true that UK fans are delusional by repeating it. Some fan bases are. UK's fan base is not. We know exactly who we are and what our basketball program is. And we also know who you are, and what your program is.

Reality can be difficult to confront, but making up your own version so you can feel better about yourselves is not a winning strategy in the long run.

After spectacularly flunking the ACT (getting one of the lowest scores possible), at the urging of Calipari, Rose travels out of state to retake the test. Out of the 375 testing centers in the country, and while driving past dozens of other centers along the way, Rose just happens to decide to take the test a second time in the home city of Worldwide Wes (friend and supporter of Calipari). Why wouldn't Calipari have Rose retake the test at one of the many centers in Chicago? Why travel to Detroit? What was Honest John thinking?

Whoever took the test for Rose the second time produced dramatically improved scores. An "unbelievable" improvement, actually. And yet you choose to believe that Calipari, a coach who already had been forced to vacate one Final Four appearance, did not orchestrate, have knowledge or involvement in Rose's cheating.

D.E.L.U.S.I.O.N.A.L.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
After spectacularly flunking the ACT (getting one of the lowest scores possible), at the urging of Calipari, Rose travels out of state to retake the test. Out of the 375 testing centers in the country, and while driving past dozens of other centers along the way, Rose just happens to decide to take the test a second time in the home city of Worldwide Wes (friend and supporter of Calipari). Why wouldn't Calipari have Rose retake the test at one of the many centers in Chicago? Why travel to Detroit? What was Honest John thinking?

Whoever took the test for Rose the second time produced dramatically improved scores. An "unbelievable" improvement, actually. And yet you choose to believe that Calipari, a coach who already had been forced to vacate one Final Four appearance, did not orchestrate, have knowledge or involvement in Rose's cheating.

D.E.L.U.S.I.O.N.A.L.
He wasn't forced to vacate the UMass final four - he was the coach when it was vacated. Here is part of Cal's Wikipedia entry. Since you are such an expert on the issue, I think you should edit the information. Wait, let me guess, you are much too busy with more important things.

Calipari has coached Kentucky to four Final Fours, in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015. He also led UMass and Memphis to the Final Four in 1996 and 2008 respectively; those appearances were later vacated, though Calipari was not personally responsible - and was fully cleared of any and all wrongdoing - in both cases.[2] As a college coach, Calipari has twenty-six 20-win seasons, eleven 30-win seasons, and five 35-win seasons.

He wasn't forced to vacate the UMass final four - he was the coach when it was vacated. Here is part of Cal's Wikipedia entry. Since you are such an expert on the issue, I think you should edit the information. Wait, let me guess, you are much too busy with more important things.

Calipari has coached Kentucky to four Final Fours, in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015. He also led UMass and Memphis to the Final Four in 1996 and 2008 respectively; those appearances were later vacated, though Calipari was not personally responsible - and was fully cleared of any and all wrongdoing - in both cases.[2] As a college coach, Calipari has twenty-six 20-win seasons, eleven 30-win seasons, and five 35-win seasons.
Calipari is one of the top 5-10 coaches of all time. Anyone who can’t admit that is a biased fool. And no that doesn’t mean you have to like him to admit reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT