ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden....

Read when you have time. I have and discussed with an estate planning attorney with an international law firm. I could care less about debating anything of substance on this forum. It’s a waste of time and energy.

Reading an admin's tax/ budget public proposals is a complete waste of time. As they are disposed of by Congress as soon as they are recieved.

What Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema will actually vote for is basically the only thing that matters.

Becoming Venezuela.

Sure. 4% transitory inflation compared with a deflationary baseline of last year is a toenail away from Venezuela, no doubt.

You get your econ degree from clown college?

Obama's Presidency started under the worst stock downfall since the Depression.

Of course it went up more then.

That is true as it was G dubs third market 'crash' in his 8 years.

Which is the point. We've been in a decade long bull market that is still going, mainly because we are a big tech superpower and because millennials are a huge generation that are growing richer and more powerful by the day (seriously, you can almost trace our market and economic cycles by birthrates along a standard life profile. We'll hit some turbulence late 2020's/2030's as Gen Z is a decent sized generation but not the level of millennials).

us-population-by-generation.jpg

Sure. 4% transitory inflation compared with a deflationary baseline of last year is a toenail away from Venezuela, no doubt.

You get your econ degree from clown college?
Where are you getting 4%. Inflation in May alone was 4%. Or do you not understand monthly figures

No, I have an Economics degree from IU.

That is true as it was G dubs third market 'crash' in his 8 years.

Which is the point. We've been in a decade long bull market that is still going, mainly because we are a big tech superpower and because millennials are a huge generation that are growing richer and more powerful by the day (seriously, you can almost trace our market and economic cycles by birthrates along a standard life profile. We'll hit some turbulence late 2020's/2030's as Gen Z is a decent sized generation but not the level of millennials).

us-population-by-generation.jpg
We didn’t have three stock market crashes during GWB’s Presidency. President’s don’t cause them either.

Reactions: DANC
Where are you getting 4%. Inflation in May alone was 4%. Or do you not understand monthly figures

No, I have an Economics degree from IU.

Clearly you do not understand them. The widely reported inflation numbers in the press refer to the CPI index, and they are measured as a % change over the last 12 months. So May20 compared with May21.

From the WSJ:

The annual inflation measurements are being boosted by comparisons with figures from last year during pandemic-related lockdowns, when prices plummeted because of collapsing demand for many goods and services. This so-called base effect is expected to push up inflation readings significantly in May and June, dwindling into the fall.

Compared with two years ago, overall prices rose a more muted 2.5% in May.

Reactions: mashnut
Clearly you do not understand them. The widely reported inflation numbers in the press refer to the CPI index, and they are measured as a % change over the last 12 months. So May20 compared with May21.

From the WSJ:

The annual inflation measurements are being boosted by comparisons with figures from last year during pandemic-related lockdowns, when prices plummeted because of collapsing demand for many goods and services. This so-called base effect is expected to push up inflation readings significantly in May and June, dwindling into the fall.

Compared with two years ago, overall prices rose a more muted 2.5% in May.
We'll see where inflation is by the end of the year.

If you can't see for yourself at the gas pump, the grocery store, scarcity of many items, and housing prices that there's significant inflation, you have blinders on.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
We'll see where inflation is by the end of the year.

If you can't see for yourself at the gas pump, the grocery store, scarcity of many items, and housing prices that there's significant inflation, you have blinders on.

Where did I say there wasn't inflation?

You're the one with the absurd "we're Venezuela " hyperbole.

Where did I say there wasn't inflation?

You're the one with the absurd "we're Venezuela " hyperbole.
Except I never said that. You asked what you should be complaining about. I said becoming Venezuela.

Maybe I gave you too much credit for not realizing inflation is what caused the crisis in Venezuela.

If we continue on the path we're on, we'll get there.

You must have a reading comprehension problem.

I think you'd have a better chance of convincing someone like me if it was 1980 and dealing with the stagflation of the 70's.

But that wasn't the case.

Personally my best years income wise (because I'm heavily invested in the market) were the Clinton and Obama years.

It seems that the markets really like a democrat executive with a republican legislative. I'm assuming it's because of the stereotype that republicans like business friendly laws and they like their president cool, calm and boring.

I hated Trump from the market alone. He killed so many rallies with his dumb Twitter fights and then when hit with a real crisis he confirmed that he was all hat and no cattle.

Now add in the litany of embarrassing and disgusting behavior from a president along with the conspiracies that led to the actual damage of our government and the clown show that we were to the rest of the world and.... that's going to be a no for me.

In simpler terms he was handed a booming economy and zero immediate crises to take care of and ended it with us tearing at each other's throats, an insane amount of distrust and paranoia of each other, a fumbled health crisis, a social justice crisis that out did 1992 and rivaled the late 60's and an attack on our capitol simply because he refused to do something that every presidential candidate did before him (back to that mindless mob that follows a demagogue and doesn't think for themselves thingy).

Trump is basically a worst case populist candidate, mainly because he has the narcissism at an autocrat level. I am a little worried about Bernie Bros (I mean they've shown a violent streak in their populist movement) but Bernie doesn't have the complete devoid of reality narcissism.

So yeah, that's going to be a no for me.
Trump was not handed a "booming" economy.

Fact is Obama's economies couldn't bust a grape. Ole Barry was the first president since Hoover to never have a year where GDP exceeded 3.0%.

But you keep drinking that kool-aid.

Joe Biden: "I am going to go tell Putin he is a killer and give a list of grievances we have with them and really put that guy in his place...."

Putin:

Joe is weak. The world knows he is weak. He is slower than he was as VP (and he was not particularly bright then, ask Obama). Having a weak person in his position is a recipe for disaster and he is going to be tested like this.

I don't think he is up to the job.

I also would like to note this:

We back off that, we withdraw our complaint about Nordstream 2, and in response we get a Russian Naval Fleet conducting War Games a few hundred miles from Hawaii that include nuclear capable bombers. That is what I mean by Joe being weak. He is all talk. And he has always had a big mouth. Well now he has a big mouth that is more frequently unhindered by his brain. He speaks loudly and carries no stick.

Joe has always been a dumbass. Remember when former S of D Gates said that Biden had been wrong about every significant foreign policy issue?

Except I never said that. You asked what you should be complaining about. I said becoming Venezuela.

Maybe I gave you too much credit for not realizing inflation is what caused the crisis in Venezuela.

If we continue on the path we're on, we'll get there.

You must have a reading comprehension problem.
Greece might be the better comparison.

We didn’t have three stock market crashes during GWB’s Presidency. President’s don’t cause them either.
Three corrections then?

2001 and 2002 had precipitous drops of over 25% and then 2008 had a massive correction as you know.

I do absolutely agree that the presidential influence of the stock market comes more from tone along with avoiding really bad fiscal policy.

For G dub, when he took over, the tone of the country changed which exasperated the dot com crash (IMO) then you added on 9/11 (which his only responsibility was the reaction and the tone....which was war on all terrorism and homeland security which gave the crash tailwinds IMO).

2008 was obviously an awful financial meltdown but to your point, not sure Bush's part.

Trump was not handed a "booming" economy.

Fact is Obama's economies couldn't bust a grape. Ole Barry was the first president since Hoover to never have a year where GDP exceeded 3.0%.

But you keep drinking that kool-aid.
I'll give you that is an accurate statement.

I'll add that neither did the guy who boasted that he created the greatest economy.

So is GDP growth % a good stat to measure since it's consistently narrowed over the past fifty years (I mean Jimmy Carter was getting 5% growth) or was Trump over exaggerating the situation?

For me, the bull market along with the drop of unemployment from around 10 to 4.5 for Obama followed by a continuation drop from 4 to 3.5 before that all blew up are also good measures of economic strength but, I'm a marketing grad (Kelley 96) and not an economic major.

Reactions: larsIU
Three corrections then?

2001 and 2002 had precipitous drops of over 25% and then 2008 had a massive correction as you know.

I do absolutely agree that the presidential influence of the stock market comes more from tone along with avoiding really bad fiscal policy.

For G dub, when he took over, the tone of the country changed which exasperated the dot com crash (IMO) then you added on 9/11 (which his only responsibility was the reaction and the tone....which was war on all terrorism and homeland security which gave the crash tailwinds IMO).

2008 was obviously an awful financial meltdown but to your point, not sure Bush's part.
The dot com crash started before the GWB presidency and the majority of the crash was done before he took office. However I wouldn’t blame it on Clinton, it just happened to happen while he was President.

Give me a couple of examples of when Trump exercised tyrannical power. Thanks in advance.
tyrant: a cruel and oppressive ruler.

On the first point of being cruel, his own sister called him out for it. There's an endless history of tweets to provide further evidence of a man who reveled in the cruel insult of his enemies, both powerful and ordinary. American heroes were not protected.

But were his policies cruel? Family separations at the border has to be on the top of the list. Since the Pope seems to be a recent favorite of conservatives, here's his view. Trump's response to Hurricane Maria's devastation in Puerto Rico is also noteworthy here. Compare it with the responses of his Administration to similar disasters in Florida and Texas.

How about oppressive? He certainly has a long and continuing track record of vindictiveness. It's most often targeting individuals, but non-white immigrants are certainly a group he targeted for oppression (Muslim bans & DACA deportations). But ultimately, his true colors showed by his refusal to recognize the will of the majority in the 2020 election. His ongoing effort to oppress the opposition vote shows there is nothing more important to him than his position of power.

Reactions: UncleMark
His weakness is perfectly fine with them. He’s not pushing them to do anything.
Goddammit, Stoll, I know you say this place isn't worth any effort, but you know damn well you are better than this. If we're not worth it, why not just go away, instead of posting crap that gives juice to those among us who don't have your ability to be better?

Goddammit, Stoll, I know you say this place isn't worth any effort, but you know damn well you are better than this. If we're not worth it, why not just go away, instead of posting crap that gives juice to those among us who don't have your ability to be better?
Goat your the one and only reason I stay on this Site!

• Haha
Biden is feeble and inept and our friends and adversaries know it. China’s Xi says he and Biden are old friends. Why don’t Biden ask his old friend to disclose the origins of Covid 19? Biden is a laughing stock to both Xi and Putin.

Edit: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ers-to-call-on-at-press-conference/vi-AAL6YaM

Who’s “they” that this idiot depends on to call the shots? 😂

Can you also help feeble Joe on Libya and Syria?

I’ve been lectured that Joe doesn’t have dementia. I guess we can agree he’s a feeble old man that is an idiot.

Edit: the shit keeps coming-President Biden publicly apologized to CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Wednesday after he scolded the reporter during a press briefing; asking her “what the hell?” and suggesting she “shouldn’t be in this business.” She had the audacity to ask him a question not on his list of approved questions. What a dumb f$$$. 😂

Last edited:
Biden is feeble and inept and our friends and adversaries know it. China’s Xi says he and Biden are old friends. Why don’t Biden ask his old friend to disclose the origins of Covid 19? Biden is a laughing stock to both Xi and Putin.

Edit: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ers-to-call-on-at-press-conference/vi-AAL6YaM

Who’s “they” that this idiot depends on to call the shots? 😂

Can you also help feeble Joe on Libya and Syria?

I’ve been lectured that Joe doesn’t have dementia. I guess we can agree he’s a feeble old man that is an idiot.

Edit: the shit keeps coming-President Biden publicly apologized to CNN’s Kaitlan Collins Wednesday after he scolded the reporter during a press briefing; asking her “what the hell?” and suggesting she “shouldn’t be in this business.” She had the audacity to ask him a question not on his list of approved questions. What a dumb f$$$. 😂
You're hopeless. Trump's loss made you a bitter old crank.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucy01
I'll give you that is an accurate statement.

I'll add that neither did the guy who boasted that he created the greatest economy.

So is GDP growth % a good stat to measure since it's consistently narrowed over the past fifty years (I mean Jimmy Carter was getting 5% growth) or was Trump over exaggerating the situation?

For me, the bull market along with the drop of unemployment from around 10 to 4.5 for Obama followed by a continuation drop from 4 to 3.5 before that all blew up are also good measures of economic strength but, I'm a marketing grad (Kelley 96) and not an economic major.
I didn't reference the Trump economy. You did. If you would like to debate the Trump vs. Obama economies, I'm happy to do that. However, I merely commented on your asinine statement that Obama "handed Trump a booming" economy.
It didn't happen. A function of a booming economy is GDP growth, of which, Obama's was tepid at best.

In my uneducated opinion (I majored in Political Science), three factors resonate most when determining how strong an economy is.
1. Unemployment and labor participation
2. Inflation
3. GDP growth

Market indexes come in a distant fourth.

And truthfully, if you factor in those numbers the last administration to "hand over" outstanding numbers on those three levels would be Truman to Eisenhower.

Last edited:
Trump's loss made you a bitter old crank.
Something similar shocked me last week, in visiting my now 90 year old mother-in-law. She has always had a very sweet disposition. She will do anything for people, and seemingly doesn't have a bad word about anybody.

But as I mentioned in another thread, she has become dependent on Fox News to tell her "what is going on in the world".

She tuned into Fox News, with all of us present, and Fox was airing a gripe session about Nancy Pelosi. My MIL started ranting about how Pelosi "hates America" and "won't be happy until America is destroyed" and how she was "the most evil person in America, or maybe tied with Shifty Schiff"

Anyone watching that crap and believing those lies seems to undergo a similar transformation. I think that the elderly are especially vulnerable to such manipulation.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TommyCracker

On the first point of being cruel, his own sister called him out for it. There's an endless history of tweets to provide further evidence of a man who reveled in the cruel insult of his enemies, both powerful and ordinary. American heroes were not protected.

But were his policies cruel? Family separations at the border has to be on the top of the list. Since the Pope seems to be a recent favorite of conservatives, here's his view. Trump's response to Hurricane Maria's devastation in Puerto Rico is also noteworthy here. Compare it with the responses of his Administration to similar disasters in Florida and Texas.

How about oppressive? He certainly has a long and continuing track record of vindictiveness. It's most often targeting individuals, but non-white immigrants are certainly a group he targeted for oppression (Muslim bans & DACA deportations). But ultimately, his true colors showed by his refusal to recognize the will of the majority in the 2020 election. His ongoing effort to oppress the opposition vote shows there is nothing more important to him than his position of power.
Cruel insults and nasty tweets!!! My god, he was just like Stalin. Pretty funny that that's the best you got.

Something similar shocked me last week, in visiting my now 90 year old mother-in-law. She has always had a very sweet disposition. She will do anything for people, and seemingly doesn't have a bad word about anybody.

But as I mentioned in another thread, she has become dependent on Fox News to tell her "what is going on in the world".

She tuned into Fox News, with all of us present, and Fox was airing a gripe session about Nancy Pelosi. My MIL started ranting about how Pelosi "hates America" and "won't be happy until America is destroyed" and how she was "the most evil person in America, or maybe tied with Shifty Schiff"

Anyone watching that crap and believing those lies seems to undergo a similar transformation. I think that the elderly are especially vulnerable to such manipulation.
Whenever I meet a miserable old f***, I just assume they watch Fox News. Fox sells fear and hate, and they’re good at it.

Hopefully she still votes.
Hell give her two votes to make up for your dumbass. Lol

Ah.... if it isn't the Oath Keeper!

You promised us he'd never be president, yet you are calling others stupid?
The sad part is if those two running in the last election are the best candidates either party can come up with then we are in trouble.

Reactions: twenty02
What policies? Specifically
See my post #102 (below).

Because of programmed idiots like you that really arent capable of thinking on their own
Right - if only people could just see what your leader was trying to say, they'd understand that his divine plan for America was righteous and good. His was the one true path to the ultimate freedom and American greatness. If you only trust him - and him alone - things will continue to get better.

I feel like if you took quotes and statements from the MAGA crowd and removed all proper nouns, most people would believe they were coming from Branch Davidians or Heavens Gate followers. Or anyone that bought/invested in anything with the Trump name attached to it.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT