ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden....

See my post #102 (below).
yeah i see his policies as they relate to minorities as a mixed bag. off the top of my head he brought black unemployment down to historical numbers (partly inherited economy but nonetheless); prison reform which gave rise to the release of fed prisoners; created economic opportunity zones (results premature); funded HBCs.

changes to antidiscrim housing laws is a strike against him. i note what you write as well, but again that's a convoluted mess spanning admins. again i see him as a mixed bag in policies impacting minorities

We'll see where inflation is by the end of the year.

If you can't see for yourself at the gas pump, the grocery store, scarcity of many items, and housing prices that there's significant inflation, you have blinders on.
So you think the Fed has now tools to slow inflation...like maybe...tightening interest rates? Or do you think they just throw up their hands and say "We've got nothin"? Yellen has always been been of the opinion that we NEED higher inflation. And what kind of idiot thinks the United States economy is anything like Venezuela?

Maybe you got your Econ degree from IU, but you weren't paying attention very well.

Something similar shocked me last week, in visiting my now 90 year old mother-in-law. She has always had a very sweet disposition. She will do anything for people, and seemingly doesn't have a bad word about anybody.

But as I mentioned in another thread, she has become dependent on Fox News to tell her "what is going on in the world".

She tuned into Fox News, with all of us present, and Fox was airing a gripe session about Nancy Pelosi. My MIL started ranting about how Pelosi "hates America" and "won't be happy until America is destroyed" and how she was "the most evil person in America, or maybe tied with Shifty Schiff"

Anyone watching that crap and believing those lies seems to undergo a similar transformation. I think that the elderly are especially vulnerable to such manipulation.
Same with my parents, and that was before Trump. I'm glad they didn't live to see him.

Reactions: outside shooter
yeah i see his policies as they relate to minorities as a mixed bag. off the top of my head he brought black unemployment down to historical numbers (partly inherited economy but nonetheless); prison reform which gave rise to the release of fed prisoners; created economic opportunity zones (results premature); funded HBCs.

changes to antidiscrim housing laws is a strike against him. i note what you write as well, but again that's a convoluted mess spanning admins. again i see him as a mixed bag in policies impacting minorities
Yeah, my response to mushroom was hyperbole because he seemed to miss the majority of the point in my previous post.

You could say Trump is his own worst enemy, except that he has shown he's willing to put his own self-interest above everything else. That's worrisome in someone with power.

I didn't reference the Trump economy. You did. If you would like to debate the Trump vs. Obama economies, I'm happy to do that. However, I merely commented on your asinine statement that Obama "handed Trump a booming" economy.
It didn't happen. A function of a booming economy is GDP growth, of which, Obama's was tepid at best.

In my uneducated opinion (I majored in Political Science), three factors resonate most when determining how strong an economy is.
1. Unemployment and labor participation
2. Inflation
3. GDP growth

Market indexes come in a distant fourth.

And truthfully, if you factor in those numbers the last administration to "hand over" outstanding numbers on those three levels would be Truman to Eisenhower.

I didn't reference the Trump economy. You did. If you would like to debate the Trump vs. Obama economies, I'm happy to do that. However, I merely commented on your asinine statement that Obama "handed Trump a booming" economy.
It didn't happen. A function of a booming economy is GDP growth, of which, Obama's was tepid at best.

In my uneducated opinion (I majored in Political Science), three factors resonate most when determining how strong an economy is.
1. Unemployment and labor participation
2. Inflation
3. GDP growth

Market indexes come in a distant fourth.

And truthfully, if you factor in those numbers the last administration to "hand over" outstanding numbers on those three levels would be Truman to Eisenhower.

I'll give you that. Especially when comparing economies across generations.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Goddammit, Stoll, I know you say this place isn't worth any effort, but you know damn well you are better than this. If we're not worth it, why not just go away, instead of posting crap that gives juice to those among us who don't have your ability to be better?
He's not better than this and never has been better than this. I don't know why you think Stoll is someone he's not.

“When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time.”​

I am truly over Trump’s loss. I am genuinely concerned what Biden is going to do to this country. The Biden of 5-10 years ago I would be fine with. The current Biden is more dangerous than Trump ever was.
Biden's not an autocracy.

The people he has surrounded himself with aren't sycophants, yes men, big money donors and family members.

He doesn't pick his staff based on loyalty over competency.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Biden's not an autocracy.

The people he has surrounded himself with aren't sycophants, yes men, big money donors and family members.

He doesn't pick his staff based on loyalty over competency.
Susan Rice..... competent????

She doesn't make it to breakfast without lying five times to the American people.

Now, you're just gaslighting us, aren't you Cracker?

By the way, it's Biden's not an autocrat.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Susan Rice..... competent????

She doesn't make it to breakfast without lying five times to the American people.

Now, you're just gaslighting us, aren't you Cracker?

By the way, it's Biden's not an autocrat.

We could talk about people like Marik String, Chad Mizzele who were less than five years from passing the bar that were put in positions like the lead advisor of the Department of State. Or we could talk about the multitude of campaign donors that got ambassador positions like Gordon Sondland.

Or Louis DeJoy becoming postmaster general after being a leading Trump fundraiser and having insane conflicts of interest when you look at his business portfolio.

Scott Atlas, a radiologist, became his main personal health advisor after Trump liked his political commentary on TV.

Everyone knows of the power he gave his son in law. How blatently nepotistic can that be?

However the biggest issue was the amount of firings that he either left vacant or he put someone in as 'temporary' (so it didn't have to go through congressional confirmation) who's only qualification seemed to be loyalty.

So far it seems that Biden has avoided that autocratic model of building a support staff.

We could talk about people like Marik String, Chad Mizzele who were less than five years from passing the bar that were put in positions like the lead advisor of the Department of State. Or we could talk about the multitude of campaign donors that got ambassador positions like Gordon Sondland.

Or Louis DeJoy becoming postmaster general after being a leading Trump fundraiser and having insane conflicts of interest when you look at his business portfolio.

Scott Atlas, a radiologist, became his main personal health advisor after Trump liked his political commentary on TV.

Everyone knows of the power he gave his son in law. How blatently nepotistic can that be?

However the biggest issue was the amount of firings that he either left vacant or he put someone in as 'temporary' (so it didn't have to go through congressional confirmation) who's only qualification seemed to be loyalty.

So far it seems that Biden has avoided that autocratic model of building a support staff.
"Everyone knows of the power he gave his son in law. How blatently nepotistic can that be?"

Not as nepostic as appointing your brother Attorney General.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Here was Biden's Press Conference from G7 on Sunday. 2 days ago. Donald Trump is absolutely incapable of addressing any one of these questions in a calm, rational, and knowledgeable manner.

How on earth does he sound like he has dementia? I know people who have had dementia. This press conference would not be possible if Joe Biden had dementia.

Stop eating up Fox, Oan, and Newsmax. You're embarrassing yourself.

You remind me of Eulalie Mackecknie Shinn

Gestapo Joe is about to ramp up his police force just like he did in the 90's with his crime bill to attack Black neighborhoods in their failed drug war that has been a major factor in the criminal injustice crimes.

Gestapo Joe really wants to unleash his Gestapo on the US citizens.

I'm sure his crony news stations will overhype and dramatize everything to help send out his propaganda message. The US govt. needs a new war and he is working had to make one to ruin more American lives than he already has done.

Angry O Gestapo Joe photo in the article is priceless. Maybe he hasn't had his Yankee Bean soup today.

I'm sure his crony news stations will overhype and dramatize everything to help send out his propaganda message. The US govt. needs a new war and he is working had to make one to ruin more American lives than he already has done.

Angry O Gestapo Joe photo in the article is priceless. Maybe he hasn't had his Yankee Bean soup today.

You're precious. 🤣

violence is out of control. a dead body was found floating over the weekend where i take my evening jogs. good for biden!

violence is out of control. a dead body was found floating over the weekend where i take my evening jogs. good for biden!
It was his types that helped burn it down. I don't think he deserves credit for trying to rearrange the ashes.

"Defund the police does not really mean that and it will totally work..." Sure it will you ignorant bar tender, sure it will.

It was his types that helped burn it down. I don't think he deserves credit for trying to rearrange the ashes.

"Defund the police does not really mean that and it will totally work..." Sure it will you ignorant bar tender, sure it will.
the ignorant bartender hasn't relented in her stance; at least biden recognizes what's needed. for that i give him credit

Did you forget Giuliani, the John Marshall of the 21st Century?

Did you actually watch his speech and listen to his message?

He spoke in a slurred monotone and his 'proposals' will do nothing to stop violence this summer and little to even slow future crime.

It's just throwing/wasting more money at a problem and hoping it will go away.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Did you actually watch his speech and listen to his message?

He spoke in a slurred monotone and his 'proposals' will do nothing to stop violence this summer and little to even slow future crime.

It's just throwing/wasting more money at a problem and hoping it will go away.
no i just read an article about it. it's adding funding as well as redirecting funding from covid. when he talks about counselors and mental health people as part of a comprehensive approach to fighting crime i'm all good with that. he wants to add those things ALONG with adding more cops. makes perfect sense to me. it's cutting budgets and reducing cops and replacing cops with social workers and all the other attendant bs you hear from the progressives that's dumb. i'm with biden

For what. Ramping up TV drama and getting folks all angry coming off a crazy pandemic year to fit his agenda. There were plenty of predictions of mental issues from shutting down the country. Ramping up a new war with more violence is only going to make it worse. Where do you think his Gestapo will be prowling? My guess is black neighborhoods.

Why not just let the local folks determine if they want more police rather than stealing money with federal taxes to use to bribe state governments.

no i just read an article about it. it's adding funding as well as redirecting funding from covid. when he talks about counselors and mental health people as part of a comprehensive approach to fighting crime i'm all good with that. he wants to add those things ALONG with adding more cops. makes perfect sense to me. it's cutting budgets and reducing cops and replacing cops with social workers and all the other attendant bs you hear from the progressives that's dumb. i'm with biden
He's only doing so at a federal level. There are local districts that are still bent on defunding.

His proposals are rehashed pablum for the polls. What 'comprehensive approach' is he taking?

Watch the speech.

Why didn't he say he would direct the DoJ to start endorcing the laws on the books on Leftists and criminals, and not just Trump supporters? It's all BS until that starts happening.

For what. Ramping up TV drama and getting folks all angry coming off a crazy pandemic year to fit his agenda. There were plenty of predictions of mental issues from shutting down the country. Ramping up a new war with more violence is only going to make it worse. Where do you think his Gestapo will be prowling? My guess is black neighborhoods.

Why not just let the local folks determine if they want more police rather than stealing money with federal taxes to use to bribe state governments.
I’m not sure I understand. It’s a grant process. Need more cops but you’re short dough apply to DOJ. Feds earmark money cities/states apply. What’s the issue. It augments city budgets that need it

He's only doing so at a federal level. There are local districts that are still bent on defunding.

His proposals are rehashed pablum for the polls. What 'comprehensive approach' is he taking?

Watch the speech.

Why didn't he say he would direct the DoJ to start endorcing the laws on the books on Leftists and criminals, and not just Trump supporters? It's all BS until that starts happening.
Does a President really have authority to direct the DOJ to enforce laws against certain groups? Think about that.

Does a President really have authority to direct the DOJ to enforce laws against certain groups? Think about that.
I'm not saying against certain groups. I'm saying apply it to everyone, which the DoJ has not done lately.

It didn't stop the IRS from targeting Conservative groups.

ADVERTISEMENT