ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden and #MeToo

Here is his quote.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.[3]
When you are a star, they let you do it. That certainly says he has done it, how would he know otherwise.

Now you go find his quote about walking around backstage at the Miss Teen USA and seeing the contestants undressed. Explain that one away, where the girls that said he did that lying?
Marvin, I don't live like that. The President is not talking about random women. He is talking about those kind of women who are in Hollywood who are attracted to stars and want to be stars themselves. I'm not saying it is right. But Donald Trump never said he personally grabbed a woman. He just said they didn't mind if you did. He knew what kind of women these were. Notice he also said anything. You can do anything. What is he talking about? He is talking about the Hollywood casting couch lifestyle. If you want this role or want to rub shoulders with this powerful person then this is what you have to do. There is a reason why Harvey Weinstein was able to have a lot of sex with these women. They wanted to be stars and were willing to pay the price he set. Again, it is not right. You nor I would ever treat a woman like this. But that is Hollywood. It's why they seem to be screwed up because illicit relations deadens the soul. Almost all of them are in therapy. They can't hold marriages together. It's a cesspool of sin.

Marvin, I don't live like that. The President is not talking about random women. He is talking about those kind of women who are in Hollywood who are attracted to stars and want to be stars themselves. I'm not saying it is right. But Donald Trump never said he personally grabbed a woman. He just said they didn't mind if you did. He knew what kind of women these were. Notice he also said anything. You can do anything. What is he talking about? He is talking about the Hollywood casting couch lifestyle. If you want this role or want to rub shoulders with this powerful person then this is what you have to do. There is a reason why Harvey Weinstein was able to have a lot of sex with these women. They wanted to be stars and were willing to pay the price he set. Again, it is not right. You nor I would ever treat a woman like this. But that is Hollywood. It's why they seem to be screwed up because illicit relations deadens the soul. Almost all of them are in therapy. They can't hold marriages together. It's a cesspool of sin.

Are you reading the same quote, reread this part:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.
Is he not saying he does this? Are you saying every woman in Hollywood )Trump lived in NY and not Hollywood) lives that way.

And let me return to the other quote about walking backstage at Miss TEEN USA. Are you saying the man who will walk backstage to catch a view of a 17 year old girl has some moral principle against just grabbing a woman.

Are you reading the same quote, reread this part:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait.
Is he not saying he does this? Are you saying every woman in Hollywood )Trump lived in NY and not Hollywood) lives that way.

And let me return to the other quote about walking backstage at Miss TEEN USA. Are you saying the man who will walk backstage to catch a view of a 17 year old girl has some moral principle against just grabbing a woman.
Are you saying Donald Trump admitted to going backstage for the express purpose of seeing young naked girls? Why would he admit this? When he says he starts kissing them, he is kissing willing participants. Let's not turn him into a rapist. I wasn't saying every woman Donald Trump knows lives this way. I am saying that he was talking about women who do. It doesn't matter if they are Hollywood or NY. Both places are media power bases. They attract people who want to be famous and are willing to do what needs to be done to get there. It's why guys like Corey Feldman and Corey Haim were passed around as teen boys to guys like Brian Singer who were gay.

Are you saying Donald Trump admitted to going backstage for the exprssess purpose of seeing young naked girls? Why would he admit this? When he says he starts kissing them, he is kissing willing participants. Let's not turn him into a rapist. I wasn't saying every woman Donald Trump knows lives this way. I am saying that he was talking about women who do. It doesn't matter if they are Hollywood or NY. Both places are media power bases. They attract people who want to be famous and are willing to do what needs to be done to get there. It's why guys like Corey Feldman and Corey Haim were passed around as teen boys to guys like Brian Singer who were gay.

First, I was wrong, he said it about Miss USA and Miss Universe though he is accused by participants of Miss Teen.

Second, why? He was bragging about how cool he is, why else. It was on the Howard Stern Show, here is the quote:

Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2016/oct/18/allegations-about-donald-trump-and-miss-teen-usa-c/

Oh you mean he’s talking about “loose” women? They deserve sexual assault right?

Damnit man. Are you a caveman? Evolve and feel free to join society.

You are truly a disgusting human being. The fact you are a pastor makes it all the more sad.
Put him on ignore.
He will convince you that organized religion is a scam and should go the way of the Dodo.
Oh you mean he’s talking about “loose” women? They deserve sexual assault right?

Damnit man. Are you a caveman? Evolve and feel free to join society.
Don't insult cavemen.
He'd be the first one they'd sacrifice to the god of stupid.

Reactions: iuwclurker
On the AOTF there is a long thread. Van is still conducting in person church services. Tells you everything you need to know.

On the AOTF there is a long thread. Van is still conducting in person church services. Tells you everything you need to know.

I have someone I know on Facebook who was a friend from 3rd grade to 6th grade. His posts have been, "do not worry about Coronavirus, God will protect you".

He also is an avid 2nd amendment person and often posts of the need to own guns for protection. I see a disconnect there, does God not protect him from muggers but does from a virus?

I have someone I know on Facebook who was a friend from 3rd grade to 6th grade. His posts have been, "do not worry about Coronavirus, God will protect you".

He also is an avid 2nd amendment person and often posts of the need to own guns for protection. I see a disconnect there, does God not protect him from muggers but does from a virus?
Where does he preach?

Where does he preach?

He doesn't. His view seems to be that churches refuse to teach the true message. The true message is involves how pathetic we are, and no preacher would dare preach on that because people would not pay to hear that message.

Strange thing is that he was never that religious. We stayed somewhat close through 7th grade, and he often mentioned then how he went to church to meet girls.

He doesn't. His view seems to be that churches refuse to teach the true message. The true message is involves how pathetic we are, and no preacher would dare preach on that because people would not pay to hear that message.

Strange thing is that he was never that religious. We stayed somewhat close through 7th grade, and he often mentioned then how he went to church to meet girls.
Probably got religious after the first knock on the door.

Trump's message had always been spot on with Fauci's.

You won't see this, but given my contrarian nature . . . . .

In the last year or so, Marv, whenever we have had a discussion, you more often than not misstate my post in order for you to write a response to it. This post is another example. I have never said that Trump's message was always spot on with Fauci's. But that's the way you want to phrase it to make your argument.

BTW, I've said often what I think of the ignore button and also what I think of those who feel compelled to brag about their use of the ignore button. Realy sorry that you have sunk to those levels. Really, I am.

First, I was wrong, he said it about Miss USA and Miss Universe though he is accused by participants of Miss Teen.

Second, why? He was bragging about how cool he is, why else. It was on the Howard Stern Show, here is the quote:

Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2016/oct/18/allegations-about-donald-trump-and-miss-teen-usa-c/
Marvin what is your position on Joe Biden? Do you believe the stories told about him?

Marvin what is your position on Joe Biden? Do you believe the stories told about him?

I haven't heard them. The person above's newest allegations have not been public. But as I said above, it should be investigated and if found credible, the Dems need to replace Biden.

If stuck voting between two senile molesters, I will vote for the one that at least pretends to give a damn. But her allegation needs an airing.

I haven't heard them. The person above's newest allegations have not been public. But as I said above, it should be investigated and if found credible, the Dems need to replace Biden.

If stuck voting between two senile molesters, I will vote for the one that at least pretends to give a damn. But her allegation needs an airing.
That's fair.

But that book did not say what OldFart says it did. Biden supposedly likes to swim naked and it made female SS agents uncomfortable. That’s it. Sure it’s creepy. But OldFart makes him out to be a perverted lech.

Biden is a weirdo. Doesn't mean he is a sexual assaulter, but there is plenty of video evidence of him sniffing hair and making women uncomfortable.

Yep, we have to walk the walk. I can't speak for the Republicans but out of all the Democrats possible there has to be one that is not a harrasser (should it be verified).
I understand your point. The Democrats should have come up with a better candidate. I personally did not vote for him in the primary.

However, Biden is what we've got, and I hate to say it but he is 100% better than the man in the White House now, a guy who is wasting considerable time trashing leaders and countries all over the globe. At least Biden did not marry a stripper(?) nor did he pay $150K to sleep with whatever she is/was.

Do I need to add how he trashed/minimized China and other nations calling the disease "China Virus," as he called it, scoffing at countries who were in a desperate position to fight this awful disease? Is he really man enough to run a country? I would even say that, if you, Marvin the Marvin, runs against Trump, with a ridiculous campaign slogan "Everybody must feed the rats," I would vote for you.

Where does he preach?
There's a wacked-out group in Tampa still meeting. God will protect them, they say. Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church runs what I would call a cult, and he calls a school. Focused on faith healing and teaching whacked out theories like the government is using vaccines to try to control the Christian population. My brother's stepson is in the cult.

------
Another font of dangerous misinformation is Florida pastor Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church.

Howard-Browne, who was invited to the White House to lay hands on President Donald Trump as part of an evangelical outreach, has been telling his congregation that the coronavirus is a "phantom plague" orchestrated to make them receive vaccines designed to kill them as a population-control measure.

Last weekend, Howard-Browne assured his congregants during a packed service that they were protected by their faith against the virus.

"Listen, this has to be the safest place," he said, after directing his congregants to stand up and hug each other. "If you can't be safe in church, you're in serious trouble.

"We are not stopping anything," he said as his congregants cheered. "I got news for you. This church will never close. The only time the church is closed is when the Rapture is taking place.

"This bible school is open because we're raising up revivalists, not pansies."

Howard-Browne's views are part of the widespread skepticism that evangelicals have had over heeding the warnings and findings of government bodies during the outbreak.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200322/cerabino-garlic-water-hair-dryers-pew-immunity-and-other-coronavirus-myths?template=ampart&fbclid=IwAR2wolN7BVcn_Y3jTcX7py6jQsRSez-0Ay5KEqSrd365ihHIMo8ayovVioc#aoh=15849038749882&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Biden is a weirdo. Doesn't mean he is a sexual assaulter, but there is plenty of video evidence of him sniffing hair and making women uncomfortable.
Assuming that he will be the Democratic candidate, he will be running against Trump. You will not be voting Biden against another human being who is better than Biden. You will be voting Biden against Donald Trump, who has done much worse in the issues you are criticizing Biden of.

Assuming that he will be the Democratic candidate, he will be running against Trump. You will not be voting Biden against another human being who is better than Biden. You will be voting Biden against Donald Trump, who has done much worse in the issues you are criticizing Biden of.

Has he? We don't 100% know what either of them has done. We know what they have been accused of doing. And frankly, if true, would we really believe that this was a one off for Biden? Like, he just lost senses for that one moment and decided it was appropriate to push a woman against a wall and finger her? Come on man....

The end of the day, you are going to be everything you accused Trump voters of come November. Voting for someone losing their mind? Check. Voting for someone accused of sexually assaulting women and of being a perv? Check.

You are already telling yourself that at least he isn't that other guy. Welcome to the world of people who thought Hillary was a shit sandwich. Politics will make you overlook alot, just like we said it would when you all were waxing poetic about how you would never vote for someone like that....that lasted one election. Congrats.

Right. But the book isn’t the only issue. It doesn’t take an old fart to see Biden has a creepy pattern of conduct. Several women complained of unwanted affection for which Biden issued a half-assed apology.

Well Joe Biden wasn't even in public life until he was first elected to a County Commission in 1970,and then ran for Senate in 1973. So who has the longer "creepier pattern of conduct"- Biden or Trump? And is a "half-assed apology" (by your defintiton) worse than adamant denials, hinting that 25+ women were "paid", and the ultimate Trump fallback- she's too ugly? Just curious...

"As a national conversation on sexual misconduct is gripping the country from Hollywood to Capitol Hill, some renewed attention has been focused on the sexual misconduct allegations that at least 25 women have made against Trump since the 1970s.

A deluge of women made their accusations public following the October 2016 release of the "Access Hollywood" tape, in which Trump was recorded boasting about grabbing women's genitals in 2005. Some others made their stories public months before the tape's release, and still others came forward in the months following.

Trump has broadly dismissed the allegations, which include ogling, harassment, groping, and rape, as "fabricated" and politically motivated accounts pushed by the media and his political opponents. He promised to sue all of his accusers during the 2016 election. In some cases, Trump and his lawyer have suggested that he didn't engage in alleged behavior with certain women because they weren't attractive enough for him to be interested in.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," the Republican nominee said during a 2016 rally. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

The president said these "false allegations" against him were made by "women who got paid a lot of money to make up stories about me." And then alleged that the "mainstream media" refused to report on evidence that the accusations were made up."

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

I speak the truth. I've always been a wait and see type person. I didn't even know who Kavanagh was until he was put up for the Supreme Court. How would I be able to say he was innocent or guilty until I saw the evidence?

So considering you feel you need to know all of the facts and see the evidence involved in these allegations by a former staffer against Biden, how do you feel about this summary dismissal of the 25 allegations against Trump by multiple women by Team Trump?

Can you point me to the Exonerating Evidence that compelled you to dismiss these 25 women, while advocating for a "full examination" of this single charge against Biden? Heck forget the "exonerating evidence"- I just want you to point me to evidence that ANY of these charges were even INVESTIGATED. You know, since you feel so strongly that the "charge" against Biden needs to be Investigated?

"Trump has not yet made good on his promise to sue any of the women — although two women have sued him – and the White House says that Trump's election proves the American people don't consider the allegations disqualifying.

"The people of this country, at a decisive election, supported President Trump, and we feel like these allegations have been answered through that process," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters in December 2017, after several of the president's accusers appeared on national television to rehash their allegations.

But despite Trump's denials, 50% of voters — 59% of women and 41% of men — surveyed in a December 2017 Quinnipiac poll released think the president should resign as a result of the sexual misconduct allegations against him. Several Democratic lawmakers have recently called on Trump to resign over the accusations.

One accuser, Samantha Holvey, who out again last year about her experience with Trump as a Miss USA pageant contestant, said that while his election was painful, she and others see the #MeToo movement as an opportunity to "try round two."

"We're private citizens, and for us to put ourselves out there to try and show America who this man is and especially how he views women, and for them to say 'meh, we don't care' — it hurts," Holvey said on NBC News' "Megyn Kelly Today" in December 2017. "And so now it's just like, all right, let's try round two. The environment's different. Let's try again."

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

Well Joe Biden wasn't even in public life until he was first elected to a County Commission in 1970,and then ran for Senate in 1973. So who has the longer "creepier pattern of conduct"- Biden or Trump? And is a "half-assed apology" (by your defintiton) worse than adamant denials, hinting that 25+ women were "paid", and the ultimate Trump fallback- she's too ugly? Just curious...

"As a national conversation on sexual misconduct is gripping the country from Hollywood to Capitol Hill, some renewed attention has been focused on the sexual misconduct allegations that at least 25 women have made against Trump since the 1970s.

A deluge of women made their accusations public following the October 2016 release of the "Access Hollywood" tape, in which Trump was recorded boasting about grabbing women's genitals in 2005. Some others made their stories public months before the tape's release, and still others came forward in the months following.

Trump has broadly dismissed the allegations, which include ogling, harassment, groping, and rape, as "fabricated" and politically motivated accounts pushed by the media and his political opponents. He promised to sue all of his accusers during the 2016 election. In some cases, Trump and his lawyer have suggested that he didn't engage in alleged behavior with certain women because they weren't attractive enough for him to be interested in.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," the Republican nominee said during a 2016 rally. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

The president said these "false allegations" against him were made by "women who got paid a lot of money to make up stories about me." And then alleged that the "mainstream media" refused to report on evidence that the accusations were made up."

FWIW, if I were inclined to vote for Biden, his history of what I would call creepy conduct, including the most recent allegation, would not dissuade me.

FWIW, if I were inclined to vote for Biden, his history of what I would call creepy conduct, including the most recent allegation, would not dissuade me.
Of course it wouldn't. You've shown time and again that character has no bearing whatsoever on how you vote. And it won't this time around, either.

Of course it wouldn't. You've shown time and again that character has no bearing whatsoever on how you vote. And it won't this time around, either.

Certain character traits have a great deal to do with how I vote. I suspect the traits that I look for and prioritize are different from yours. Moreover, I suspect we value different kinds of evidence of those traits we do agree with.

Has he? We don't 100% know what either of them has done. We know what they have been accused of doing. And frankly, if true, would we really believe that this was a one off for Biden? Like, he just lost senses for that one moment and decided it was appropriate to push a woman against a wall and finger her? Come on man....

The end of the day, you are going to be everything you accused Trump voters of come November. Voting for someone losing their mind? Check. Voting for someone accused of sexually assaulting women and of being a perv? Check.

You are already telling yourself that at least he isn't that other guy. Welcome to the world of people who thought Hillary was a shit sandwich. Politics will make you overlook alot, just like we said it would when you all were waxing poetic about how you would never vote for someone like that....that lasted one election. Congrats.
Well there is one accusation on Biden. There are 19 for Trump and three alleged rapes, in addition to what he has admitted doing, walking in on young women undressing and grabbing women by the — and kissing them. This should be investigated, obviously.

There's a wacked-out group in Tampa still meeting. God will protect them, they say. Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church runs what I would call a cult, and he calls a school. Focused on faith healing and teaching whacked out theories like the government is using vaccines to try to control the Christian population. My brother's stepson is in the cult.

------
Another font of dangerous misinformation is Florida pastor Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church.

Howard-Browne, who was invited to the White House to lay hands on President Donald Trump as part of an evangelical outreach, has been telling his congregation that the coronavirus is a "phantom plague" orchestrated to make them receive vaccines designed to kill them as a population-control measure.

Last weekend, Howard-Browne assured his congregants during a packed service that they were protected by their faith against the virus.

"Listen, this has to be the safest place," he said, after directing his congregants to stand up and hug each other. "If you can't be safe in church, you're in serious trouble.

"We are not stopping anything," he said as his congregants cheered. "I got news for you. This church will never close. The only time the church is closed is when the Rapture is taking place.

"This bible school is open because we're raising up revivalists, not pansies."

Howard-Browne's views are part of the widespread skepticism that evangelicals have had over heeding the warnings and findings of government bodies during the outbreak.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200322/cerabino-garlic-water-hair-dryers-pew-immunity-and-other-coronavirus-myths?template=ampart&fbclid=IwAR2wolN7BVcn_Y3jTcX7py6jQsRSez-0Ay5KEqSrd365ihHIMo8ayovVioc#aoh=15849038749882&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s
Are we sure Van is really in Pa?

Certain character traits have a great deal to do with how I vote. I suspect the traits that I look for and prioritize are different from yours. Moreover, I suspect we value different kinds of evidence of those traits we do agree with.
What are the character traits that attract you to Trump in prioritized order?

What did Trump do in February and early March? Well, except for bragging how smart he is and how stupid Obama is.

trump-statements.jpeg

Link

You won't see this, but given my contrarian nature . . . . .

In the last year or so, Marv, whenever we have had a discussion, you more often than not misstate my post in order for you to write a response to it. This post is another example. I have never said that Trump's message was always spot on with Fauci's. But that's the way you want to phrase it to make your argument.

BTW, I've said often what I think of the ignore button and also what I think of those who feel compelled to brag about their use of the ignore button. Realy sorry that you have sunk to those levels. Really, I am.
The most pronounced characteristic you and Trump share is narcissism. The internets and social media are bloated with opinions. Your butthurt view on the Ignore function is one of a million. I’m not surprised in the least posters make a time-saving decision to declutter the threads with Ignore.

Btw, speaking of mischaracterizing, Marvin never bragged about anything here as far as I noticed.

And speaking of sinking to low levels, you sure seem to have ignored your own standards on ad hominem frequently in recent posts, including this one. Ad hominem isn’t necessarily overt and blatant. Sneaky just makes it covertly hostile.

Reactions: meridian
He said character, not character traits. It’s been clear for quite some time that you place no value on character.

And yet THAT is what you discussed in the post I responded to? So you post about Biden's "history", and then when I respond to demonstrate that Trump is a worse example of the conduct you Specifically posted about, you suddenly change your tune?

I don't really care who you vote for or why, but why even bring up your opinion of Biden's "conduct " and pretend like it matters? If you're going to admit that Trump's conduct is as bad, if not worse but you still support Trump, then why would you mention behavior as a qualification in the first place? We all know Trump's a slimeball- to some of us that matters, to you it (apparently) doesn't...

I will give you credit for at least responding. We all know that Van never will...

ADVERTISEMENT