Joe Biden and #MeToo

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by TheOriginalHappyGoat, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

A year ago, it was common to read about women complaining that Biden was creepy. He did things, touching, sniffing, etc., that made women uncomfortable. One of the women who complained about him has come back into the public eye. Her story now is quite different than it was last year (according to her, she did not feel safe coming forward with this particular allegation at the time), as she now accuses him of flat out Trump-style sexual assault (trigger warning: it's fairly graphic). According to The Intercept, she has been denied support from Time's Up Legal Defense Fund on the grounds that, as a candidate for federal office, funding accusations against him could threaten the fund's non-profit status, according to the National Women's Law Center, which organized the fund.

I don't remember much about the story last year. I really wasn't paying any specific attention to Biden, since he wasn't a candidate at the time, and there was a whole army of creepy men to talk about. Apparently, she didn't do herself any favors by making some pro-Putin comments.

Still, you have to wonder if Biden's statements last fall are going to cause him some grief now.

2. meridian

meridian Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Even if she is telling the truth, Biden's misdeeds are extremely amateurish compared to his opponent's. Not only has his opponent done much more in that regard, but also he brags about it. Biden loses this competition hands up!

cosmickid likes this.
  3. IUCrazy2

IUCrazy2 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I saw that drop last night.

He deserves the same benefit of being able to defend himself as anyone.

4. mashnut

mashnut Benchwarmer
    Expand Collapse

I don't disagree, but I also don't think that's how I want the D party to look at this. We don't need to lower ourselves to Trump's bar, we should hold our candidates and elected officials to real standards. This accusation should be investigated thoroughly and impartially, if it's true then I think it should be the kind of thing that's disqualifying for our leaders.

5. Marvin the Martian

Marvin the Martian Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Yep, we have to walk the walk. I can't speak for the Republicans but out of all the Democrats possible there has to be one that is not a harrasser (should it be verified).

6. CO. Hoosier

CO. Hoosier Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Biden also liked to expose himself to female secret service agents on his detail while he swam and pranced around the pool naked.

7. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

Probably a nothingburger anyway now. Cognitive decline isn’t the only decline that affects joe. Speaking from a friend’s experience.

8. twenty02

twenty02 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure this will be just as thoroughly investigated by every media outlet in America as the Kavanaugh drunken high school party was, right?

:rolleyes:

IUCrazy2, MaxCoke, ribbont and 4 others like this.
  9. meridian

meridian Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Of course, you are right. I am not/will not defend Biden if the allegation is true. What I am saying is that those, especially the so-called devout Christians, who said nothing of Trump's misdeeds, are at the forefront of Biden allegation.

10. Courtsensetwo

Courtsensetwo Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Or Clinton...

11. VanPastorMan

VanPastorMan Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
    Great Point. To be fair it should be.

12. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

Why do you say this? It obviously didn't matter to you for the past 4+ yrs, so why should it matter now?

We had Trump on TAPE admitting to sexual assault, as well as NUMEROUS credible women accusing him of crimes dating back 20 yrs. NONE of THAT kept you from voting for Trump, so exactly why do you care what a single woman says about Biden? You've already told us by your vote that you don't feel that being a sexual harasser should be a disqualification for anyone seeking the POTUS...

MaxCoke and largemouth like this.
  13. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

And to be fair, you should assume she is lying and not consider any of this.

Circlejoe and UncleMark like this.
  14. Spartans9312

Spartans9312 Freshman
    Expand Collapse

We definitely shouldn't assume he's guilty.
    Do you think Joe makes it to Milwaukee?

15. VanPastorMan

Expand Collapse

I never assumed that Kavanaugh's accuser was lying. It wasn't until the people she said were there said that they were not. When you heard her testimony nothing added up. She couldn't tell you how she got to the party, who took her home. There were a ton of holes. But I never and I mean never assumed she was lying.

16. VanPastorMan

Expand Collapse

actually on tape what did Trump actually say? Did he actually say that he grabbed women or did he actually say that these women are the kind where you could go up and grab them and they would let you?

17. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

LOL. Lying is a sin, VPM. Even lying to yourself.

Circlejoe and largemouth like this.
  18. Standard Issue

Expand Collapse

He's a professional.

19. zeke4ahs

zeke4ahs Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Just wow. Every time I think you can’t get worse. Yes, let’s not blame it on Trump, let’s blame it one the women . You think all 19 of the women that have accused him of sexual harassment are lying and the three that have accused him of rape.

MaxCoke likes this.
  20. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

I think it's way too early to predict how big of a thing this is going to be.

As mash and Marvin said above, there's a feeling among the Democrats that we need to "walk the walk," even when Republicans don't. We've criticized them so much on this point, that not going above and beyond what we'd expect from them would cede the moral high ground.

On the other hand, there is also a feeling that we went too far, too fast with Franken, and maybe we need to take a more sober approach to these things. After all, Reade's two stories have major inconsistencies, which are hard to explain away with a simple, "I didn't feel safe sharing that at the time."

Back to the first hand, however, we've also championed the right of women to come forward in their own time, at their own speed. And Republicans, even those who would gladly jump on these types of inconsistencies if one of their own were accused, are going to beat that drum until it breaks.

Should probably let this play out for a while before even beginning to try to guess what might happen.

mashnut likes this.
  21. ulrey

ulrey All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If your paddling upstream in a canoe and your wheels fall off, Who going to feed the dog? Ice cream doesn't have bones! Joe Biden..

22. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

You got something to back up an assertion like that? Otherwise STFU.

MaxCoke likes this.
  23. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Wow. I see you are still at it. I heard yours fell off. A friend told me.

24. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

It was in that book about the Secret Service from a few years ago. Biden likes being naked, Nixon was a weirdo, Hillary is mean to people, the Obamas were very respectful and kind to everyone. And other stuff, I'm sure.

25. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

But that book did not say what OldFart says it did. Biden supposedly likes to swim naked and it made female SS agents uncomfortable. That’s it. Sure it’s creepy. But OldFart makes him out to be a perverted lech.

hoosboot likes this.
  26. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

True. But, what do you expect "OldFart" to do? Offer references honestly and without bias?

UncleMark and hoosboot like this.
  27. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

And good grief, I’m defending Biden. Just goes to show what I think of OldFart and his posts. He’s one of the reasons I skipped out on this place. He’s a dumbass who is deluded into believing he isn’t. And people put up with him.

hoosboot likes this.
  28. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

He used to be a good poster. Pre-Obama.

29. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Not really. He just wasn’t quite as bad.

30. ulrey

ulrey All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What about smelling hair of 9 year little girls?

31. Noodle

Noodle Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

What about it?

32. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

see.

33. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

Right. But the book isn’t the only issue. It doesn’t take an old fart to see Biden has a creepy pattern of conduct. Several women complained of unwanted affection for which Biden issued a half-assed apology.

34. T.M.P.

T.M.P. Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Phrasing

35. BCCHoosier

BCCHoosier Senior
    Expand Collapse

You are truly a disgusting human being. The fact you are a pastor makes it all the more sad.

Bulk VanderHuge likes this.
  36. Marvin the Martian

Expand Collapse

I would like to suggest the ignore feature. I began it after a poster, who I assume is the poster you are speaking of, assured me that Trump's message had always been spot on with Fauci's.

Some posters are driven by likes, and that is bad enough. But there are at least two posters driven by the need to be seen as a contrarian. The more people disagree with them, the more certain they are right.
    The truth is the guy wearing camel hair, saying crazy things while eating locusts is far more likely just a crazy guy than someone we should pay attention to.

UncleMark likes this.
  37. VanPastorMan

Expand Collapse

I speak the truth. I've always been a wait and see type person. I didn't even know who Kavanagh was until he was put up for the Supreme Court. How would I be able to say he was innocent or guilty until I saw the evidence?

38. VanPastorMan

Expand Collapse

Go back and listen to Donald Trump's words. That was all I was saying. Everybody assumes he said he went up and grabbed women in their crotch. He did not say that. This was my only point. How does that make me disgusting? I don't grab random women. I don't even grab my wife like that because i respect her. I've only sexually been with one woman my whole life. She is the only person I have ever engaged in sexual activity. So how am I disgusting? See, you internet people hide behind your keyboards and spout off all kinds of stupid stuff. You say we Christians are judgmental, ie judging incorrectly. You internet people do that all the time.

39. Marvin the Martian

Expand Collapse

And speaking of Trump not having always been in synch with Fauci, I see the Trump campaign has sent a cease and desist order to tv stations over a Biden PAC commercial that overlays Trump's statements on a graph of US infections. I also see that Trump has threatened the licenses of stations that air that commercial.

Can you imagine one of the two locusts eaters if Obama had threatened the license of a tv station running ads against him? Or can you imagine the same person's reaction if we all got a mailing "Obama's guide to escaping the great recession" printed on the government nickel?

hoosboot likes this.
  40. Marvin the Martian

Expand Collapse

Here is his quote.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.[3]
    When you are a star, they let you do it. That certainly says he has done it, how would he know otherwise.

Now you go find his quote about walking around backstage at the Miss Teen USA and seeing the contestants undressed. Explain that one away, where the girls that said he did that lying?