ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo Fisher

Better choice;
Gary Patterson. While A&M under Jimbo was missing the expected mark TCU looks like a world beater. Patterson with years of recruiting relationships in the south and success at TCU(not forgetting he knows and can recognize quality assistants)could make an early turn in the fortunes of IUFB.

Always liked Patterson as a coach. He basically built that program from the ground up.
A record of 181-79 in 21 seasons is incredible and 17 bowl games is phenomenal.

Those that can coach, do. Those that can't, end up "expert" tv analysts.
If we have an opening, the odds of us pursuing Jimbo, let alone him being interested, are minute.

Dolson has done a pretty good job of cleaning up most of the mess he inherited, though he didn’t help himself with the Allen extension, which now has him handcuffed to someone who can’t build the program. Unfortunately, he’s also the guy who would run point on a replacement, which doesn’t inspire confidence that we’ll magically hire our way to prosperity.

As I’ve said previously, we have the program we’ve demanded and that we deserve. No other part of the University with such a dismal track record would be tolerated in the manner we tolerate the football program.

Better choice;
Gary Patterson. While A&M under Jimbo was missing the expected mark TCU looks like a world beater. Patterson with years of recruiting relationships in the south and success at TCU(not forgetting he knows and can recognize quality assistants)could make an early turn in the fortunes of IUFB.
Gary Patterson isn’t at TCU. He resigned two years ago. Sonny Dykes is the HC. GP is at UT as an assistant head coach. Jeff Traylor HC at UTSA is a name to keep an eye out for.

Better choice;
Patterson is a great coach! But no way would he ever consider coming to IU.
That's the problem - who would take the job at IU? No NIL money, poor facilities, no recruiting base, no institutional support

When he got to TCU they were not very high on the must see list. He built the prowess they attained. His abundant recruiting relationships and ability to evaluate assistants is strong.
If IUFB opens the purse and collects outside funds to sack up Allen's dust(that's the 1st hurdle which will turn heads) they'll also have the major investment set for an experienced, successful HC and staff. I think past lessons have been learned.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If we have an opening, the odds of us pursuing Jimbo, let alone him being interested, are minute.

Dolson has done a pretty good job of cleaning up most of the mess he inherited, though he didn’t help himself with the Allen extension, which now has him handcuffed to someone who can’t build the program. Unfortunately, he’s also the guy who would run point on a replacement, which doesn’t inspire confidence that we’ll magically hire our way to prosperity.

As I’ve said previously, we have the program we’ve demanded and that we deserve. No other part of the University with such a dismal track record would be tolerated in the manner we tolerate the football program.
There probably aren’t too many areas of the university that have been as poorly supported by alumni as the football program. How can you expect a highly-regarded coach to come here when half the people in the stands leave at halftime no matter the score? We do, indeed, have the program we deserve

There probably aren’t too many areas of the university that have been as poorly supported by alumni as the football program. How can you expect a highly-regarded coach to come here when half the people in the stands leave at halftime no matter the score? We do, indeed, have the program we deserve
here's another for you guys to discuss, Chip Kelley will most likely out maybe next week. If he loses to SC , most likely after the game

I wouldn’t want Jimbo near this program if he were coaching for free. He can’t win with top talent, how do you think he’d fare with a bunch of 3* talent.
For one… he would be playing a much easier schedule.

Reports are that Texas A&M is set to fire Jimbo and pay him his $75 million buyout.

SEC schools don’t play around.

I’d give anything for Indiana to have an administration that cared this much about football.
It isn’t the Administration doing it, it’s the oil-money Boosters. Those deep pocket dudes want a fb team like UT has, and they think their money can buy it for them. THEY make the FB decisions, not the Administration.

It isn’t the Administration doing it, it’s the oil-money Boosters. Those deep pocket dudes want a fb team like UT has, and they think their money can buy it for them. THEY make the FB decisions, not the Administration.
I think most SEC schools are like that. They take their football very seriously down there.

here's another for you guys to discuss, Chip Kelley will most likely out maybe next week. If he loses to SC , most likely after the game
Kelly might make more sense, at least in theory, than Patterson, who will be 64 yrs old in about 3 months. If anything I’d think GP would be more interested in a situation he feels he can turn around quickly, like maybe an Arkansas.

Kelly’s personality might be an odd fit in Bloomington, kind of a much more competent and accomplished version of Archie Miller, but he wouldn’t be any odder than, say, Crean was. He would certainly need 1 or 2 really good recruiters on his staff.

Kelly might make more sense, at least in theory, than Patterson, who will be 64 yrs old in about 3 months. If anything I’d think GP would be more interested in a situation he feels he can turn around quickly, like maybe an Arkansas.

Kelly’s personality might be an odd fit in Bloomington, kind of a much more competent and accomplished version of Archie Miller, but he wouldn’t be any odder than, say, Crean was. He would certainly need 1 or 2 really good recruiters on his staff.
Maybe so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT