ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Mattis and Dan Coats Considered Forceful Removal of Trump

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Per Woodward's book, they were preparing to remove Trump from office per the 25th Amendment. Mattis wanted the Trump Cabinet to prepare for his removal. I'm not sure who else Mattis (Secretary of Defense) went to besides Dan Coats (Director of National Intelligence), but those are two names from Bob Woodward's new book. Mattis described Trump as both "dangerous and unfit". Mattis said to Dan Coats "Trump has no moral compass, to which Coats responded "True. To Trump, a lie is not a lie, it's just what he thinks. He doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie."

Scary as hell.

Last edited:
Per Woodward's book, they were preparing to remove Trump from office per the 25th Amendment. Mattis wanted the Trump Cabinet to prepare for his removal. I'm not sure who else Mattis (Secretary of Defense) went to besides Dan Coats (Director of National Intelligence), but those are two names from Bob Woodward's new book. Mattis described Trump as both "dangerous and unfit". Mattis said to Dan Coats "Trump has no moral compass, to which Coat responded "True. To Trump, a lie is not a lie, it's just what he thinks. He doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie."

Scary as hell.
Unfortunately people like them won't be there on November 4th. I doubt that there are many members of the cabinet left who have much spine.

Reactions: DrHoops
Unfortunately people like them won't be there on November 4th. I doubt that there are many members of the cabinet left who have much spine.

I just wish they would come forward now and tell the American people about why he should be removed. Same with Coats and John Kelly.

I think everyone knows they're sources for the Atlantic article and maybe more, but if they won't come out and say so (although Mattis kind of has) it would be important.

This thread seems like an appropriate place to point to everyone who had been bemoaning the state of the water cooler to how much worse it's gotten since all these dipshits from the hoops and football forums showed up.
The reason the Football &Hoops crowd has shown up, is because there is zero content on those sites!

Per Woodward's book, they were preparing to remove Trump from office per the 25th Amendment. Mattis wanted the Trump Cabinet to prepare for his removal. I'm not sure who else Mattis (Secretary of Defense) went to besides Dan Coats (Director of National Intelligence), but those are two names from Bob Woodward's new book. Mattis described Trump as both "dangerous and unfit". Mattis said to Dan Coats "Trump has no moral compass, to which Coats responded "True. To Trump, a lie is not a lie, it's just what he thinks. He doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie."

Scary as hell.
I can't wait for the books from the original cabinet, the sooner the better. In my opinion, the first use of the 25th could never originate from the Secretary of Defense. If Woodward is sourced then Mattis asked the political guys to act.

Last edited:
Per Woodward's book, they were preparing to remove Trump from office per the 25th Amendment. Mattis wanted the Trump Cabinet to prepare for his removal. I'm not sure who else Mattis (Secretary of Defense) went to besides Dan Coats (Director of National Intelligence), but those are two names from Bob Woodward's new book.
first use of the 25th could never originate from the Secretary of Defense. If Woodward is sourced then Mattis asked the political guys to act.
I can't imagine this ever went beyond the talking stage between Mattis and maybe Coats and maybe a couple others. IIUC, the VP has to be on board, and that was never ever going to happen, yet alone getting half the Cabinet to buy in.

I can't imagine this ever went beyond the talking stage between Mattis and maybe Coats and maybe a couple others. IIUC, the VP has to be on board, and that was never ever going to happen, yet alone getting half the Cabinet to buy in.

Well, clearly. But I think it's pretty telling that Trump's DNS and his Secretary of Defense had to have had to have that conversation in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT