ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Croce

This is also one of my favorites, because besides being a really solid song, the final line - "You can keep the dime" - is one of the most devastating lines put to song.

This is a great song. If you are seeing this kind of lyricism in modern music, check out Tyler Childers. Specifically check out Nose on the Grindstone or Shake the Frost.

Yeah, he hit the public eye big time this weekend. I'd never heard of the guy before, but he hit the sweet spot with this secret album drop.
The fiddle driven album is kinda meh compared to his other stuff. He’s amazing. I dig his new single Long Violent History and its message but I can’t stress enough how amazing he is and his other stuff is. The Purgatory album is a legitimate masterpiece.

The fiddle driven album is kinda meh compared to his other stuff. He’s amazing. I dig his new single Long Violent History and its message but I can’t stress enough how amazing he is and his other stuff is. The Purgatory album is a legitimate masterpiece.
I will definitely look into more of his stuff. I'm a huge fiddle fan, but I mostly focus on the Cape Breton scene, and don't know as much about Appalachia.

I will definitely look into more of his stuff. I'm a huge fiddle fan, but I mostly focus on the Cape Breton scene, and don't know as much about Appalachia.
There is great (GREAT) music coming out of eastern Kentucky today. Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Childers is literally my whole music scene right now with exception of Da Baby and Chance the Rapper. Go figure.

This is a great song. If you are seeing this kind of lyricism in modern music, check out Tyler Childers. Specifically check out Nose on the Grindstone or Shake the Frost.

Feathered Indian is my favorite of his. A really great writer. Who randomly dropped a bluegrass album last week that’s pretty damn good.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
There is great (GREAT) music coming out of eastern Kentucky today. Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, and Childers is literally my whole music scene right now with exception of Da Baby and Chance the Rapper. Go figure.

Absolutely. I’d also recommend Ian Noe. His album Between the Country is great. Start with Letter to Madeline.

ADVERTISEMENT