ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry knows something that we don’t

WESTERNCONFCHAMPIONS
@PredsandStuff

Now can I ask you why Garland and Langford are trending towards Indiana with both having UCLA and Kansas visits coming up, respectively.

@jerrymeyer247
Replying to @PredsandStuff and @DistriCypher
Good a time as any. Can't speak for others but I think they are going to Indiana

WESTERNCONFCHAMPIONS
@PredsandStuff

Did someone tell you they were or is this more a feeling?

Jerry Meyer
@jerrymeyer247

I'm not a feeling type of guy. More rational, analytical type. At least when it comes to me making a living

WESTERNCONFCHAMPIONS
@PredsandStuff

Now can I ask you why Garland and Langford are trending towards Indiana with both having UCLA and Kansas visits coming up, respectively.

@jerrymeyer247
Replying to @PredsandStuff and @DistriCypher
Good a time as any. Can't speak for others but I think they are going to Indiana

WESTERNCONFCHAMPIONS
@PredsandStuff

Did someone tell you they were or is this more a feeling?

Jerry Meyer
@jerrymeyer247

I'm not a feeling type of guy. More rational, analytical type. At least when it comes to me making a living
So, he has analyzed the decision of Garland and Langford and has decided the way he thinks is the same as a 17 year old kid? I was hoping for an actual source.

I'm not raising my expectations on any of this latest news. He has no more knowledge on the matter than we do.

He is saying he wouldn’t stick his neck out on his prediction on just a feeling in his stomach. He has intel on the situation that we don’t. I’ve read a lot of his other stuff on Twitter the last few days and he definitely is getting feedback from sources that the two are IU bound. Maybe this weekend changes things on their other visits but it is looking good.

I really think he's just putting 2 and 2 together. Like how we do.

I do, too. He saw the same post-HH comments from the Langford and Garland camps that we saw. And it didn't take a rocket scientist (or a professional recruiting analyst) to figure out they were pretty positive for us.

But I've never bought much into the "inside information" thing. I don't think either kid has made a decision yet. They still have upcoming visits to other schools -- and, if decisions were already made, I can't imagine they'd be taking those. So, if no decision has been made, then of what value would any privileged information actually be?

That said, I'd much rather guys like Jerry Meyer be saying things in our direction than in somebody else's!

Reactions: Hoogolf
I do, too. He saw the same post-HH comments from the Langford and Garland camps that we saw. And it didn't take a rocket scientist (or a professional recruiting analyst) to figure out they were pretty positive for us.

But I've never bought much into the "inside information" thing. I don't think either kid has made a decision yet. They still have upcoming visits to other schools -- and, if decisions were already made, I can't imagine they'd be taking those. So, if no decision has been made, then of what value would any privileged information actually be?

That said, I'd much rather guys like Jerry Meyer be saying things in our direction than in somebody else's!

This is true. I will say though, often times as projections start leaning a certain way near commitment time, it often goes that route. So although one mans word does not finalize anything in that regard, it does add another log on the fire.

He is saying he wouldn’t stick his neck out on his prediction on just a feeling in his stomach. He has intel on the situation that we don’t. I’ve read a lot of his other stuff on Twitter the last few days and he definitely is getting feedback from sources that the two are IU bound. Maybe this weekend changes things on their other visits but it is looking good.
What is the evidence either are coming here?. I wouldn't trust any information until it comes from the recruits. People make things up or the recruits could change their mind. They will announce when they know.

I think they should come here. People don't always do what they should.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I really don't think we are in the lead. We're just on level ground. In the mix. It's far from over.

What is the evidence either are coming here?. I wouldn't trust any information until it comes from the recruits. People make things up or the recruits could change their mind. They will announce when they know.

People have sources. Meyer has never thought we would land a blue chip prospect in recent years and with good reason. But that changed. Maybe he is the biggest troll of all time but I doubt he would damage his credibility just to antagonize a fanbase.

Rabjohns got intel that he should go down to Nashville on Wednesday and the interview he did with Darius sounded extremely positive for IU. There is, or at least was, some smoke there.

Meyer is the Director of scouting for 247sports. All the other guys report to him. He knows every piece of inside intel that anyone has found out. That’s why he said he doesn’t go off of his gut feelings but rather analytical and rational information when this is what he is paid for. He knows way more than any of us do regarding the situation.

Reactions: IUgradman
People have sources. Meyer has never thought we would land a blue chip prospect in recent years and with good reason. But that changed. Maybe he is the biggest troll of all time but I doubt he would damage his credibility just to antagonize a fanbase.

Rabjohns got intel that he should go down to Nashville on Wednesday and the interview he did with Darius sounded extremely positive for IU. There is, or at least was, some smoke there.
Rabjohns just went because Meyer changed his prediction. He just piggy backs the national guys. Not saying he's wrong here but Rabjohns himself has a terrible track record. That's why he avoids predictions anymore. He whiffed so many times on his own.

Reactions: Hawk_Circle_Hoosier

1. He is plugged into a lot more people, because of his job, than most any of us on this board are. If he's making this strong of a prediction, he's assuredly hearing from credible people on it...

2. He's been wrong plenty of times. Kids change their minds. The sources he has can be wrong, obviously.

3. This means nothing more than IU does have a legit shot at landing Garland, or Langford, or both. Which is awesome in my book at this point. And its a great sign, no matter how it ends up, that these 2 blue chippers believe in Archie's vision for them enough to be seriously considering IU without having seen a single Archie led IU game.

Rabjohns just went because Meyer changed his prediction. He just piggy backs the national guys. Not saying he's wrong here but Rabjohns himself has a terrible track record. That's why he avoids predictions anymore. He whiffed so many times on his own.

Rabjohns got his intel Tuesday, Meyer changed his pick Wednesday afternoon.

This is true. I will say though, often times as projections start leaning a certain way near commitment time, it often goes that route. So although one mans word does not finalize anything in that regard, it does add another log on the fire.

I know -- and agree.

But I think some people see predictions from the likes of Jerry Meyer and assume that decisions are essentially made, further activity is just a charade, and somebody has whispered those decisions in privileged ears. In fact, one might argue that this faulty perception is largely how these guys make a living.

They do evaluate players and report on who's pursuing who, who's offered who, etc. But they also get a lot of attention by making predictions based on reading the tea leaves. And, in most cases, I just don't think they have access to any more or better tea leaves than the rest of us do.

You don't know who Meyer is do you?
I know who he is and that he is pretty accurate. I don't think we should get too excited. Romeo still has a trip to Kansas. Both might be leaning to IU, but can change their minds. They won't be calling Meyer if they do.

IMO, Rabby is by far the best IU bball news reporter. I gave up on the Rivals Premium 2 months ago because there was NO breaking news or opinions here. I was a premium member here since 2001. Peegs and Rabby rock it with IU info.

IMO, Rabby is by far the best IU bball news reporter. I gave up on the Rivals Premium 2 months ago because there was NO breaking news or opinions here. I was a premium member here since 2001. Peegs and Rabby rock it with IU info.
So, they're not just a mouthpiece for this coach, like they were for the last? I lost all respect in them during the Crean era. Spineless shills trading integrity for access.

Peegs and Rabby break news and give opinions? I've been a member since this site started and I can't remember the last time they broke any news. And their opinions were wrong so often that they quit giving them. Now they just "report" news off Twitter. "Well it could be this, or he could do that. These things are fluid" is the standard answer for everything. The last time they tried to predict something was their "Wilkes to IU. We're plugged in and other writers aren't" debacle.

I remember the morning Archie was announced coach, which was a Saturday, Peegs posted around 10am not to expect anything until Monday at the earliest. I got a text Friday night then several Saturday morning that an announcement was being made that day and it was Archie. The trustees were spilling the beans everywhere. And they didn't even know.

It's one thing to call it what it is and say they compile news from other sources and run a message board (which does have some value), but again I don't remember the last time they actually broke any news. Agree to disagree on that.

Peegs and Rabby break news and give opinions? I've been a member since this site started and I can't remember the last time they broke any news. And their opinions were wrong so often that they quit giving them. Now they just "report" news off Twitter. "Well it could be this, or he could do that. These things are fluid" is the standard answer for everything. The last time they tried to predict something was their "Wilkes to IU. We're plugged in and other writers aren't" debacle.

I remember the morning Archie was announced coach, which was a Saturday, Peegs posted around 10am not to expect anything until Monday at the earliest. I got a text Friday night then several Saturday morning that an announcement was being made that day and it was Archie. The trustees were spilling the beans everywhere. And they didn't even know.

It's one thing to call it what it is and say they compile news from other sources and run a message board (which does have some value), but again I don't remember the last time they actually broke any news. Agree to disagree on that.
This is correct. Peegs & Rabby are all about hits and will fluff their reportings that certain players have interests in IU and they really don’t. I would rather have an honest bias report than read that 5 out of the top 10 have interest in IU and there is no chance of then committing to IU.

This is correct. Peegs & Rabby are all about hits and will fluff their reportings that certain players have interests in IU and they really don’t. I would rather have an honest bias report than read that 5 out of the top 10 have interest in IU and there is no chance of then committing to IU.
We'll, 2 out of the Top 10 for next year are really interested in IU. So, they'd be right this time...

Using common sense and logic here, one would assume that we are in the lead. We just shouldn't put the cart before the horse.

These guys are not always 100% accurate...especially when it comes to predicting what 17 year old kids will do...

So, they're not just a mouthpiece for this coach, like they were for the last? I lost all respect in them during the Crean era. Spineless shills trading integrity for access.
Peegs and Rabby were clearly more interested in access and not rocking the boat than reporting the truth and what was best for IU's program. They felt that any criticism of Crean was bad for their access and their site, which is total BS. This was not journalism and helped prop up Crean. Access to Crean's "nuggets of wisdom" during the press conferences on his way out were not worth selling one's soul over: buy a ticket, report on the game and keep your dignity.

Furthermore, I very much question their ability to analyze Crean and basketball. Peegs was gushing about Crean and his "comeback" during Yogi's senior year. If you aren't putting forth expert journalism, then what are you putting forth worth paying for? A message board? Insider info? As people have stated, free sites consistently out scoop them, and I can't remember any significant "scoop" during my time as a premium member. Their message board was reduced to a cheerleading board where you could only be "positive," which doesn't exactly foster good debate.

The only thing worth paying for from Peegs is Matt Weaver. Matt is good at what he does and worth money, which is a shame. The behavior of Peegs and Rabby during the end of Crean will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
Well, this place isn't any better when it comes to the "cheer-leading" crap.

The "real" fans here start foaming at the mouth with HATER if you even ask a question that MIGHT paint Archie in a bad light.

Not only did Peegs/Rabs NEVER scoop anybody on anything, their predictions were AWFUL most of the time.

Well, this place isn't any better when it comes to the "cheer-leading" crap.

The "real" fans here start foaming at the mouth with HATER if you even ask a question that MIGHT paint Archie in a bad light.

Not only did Peegs/Rabs NEVER scoop anybody on anything, their predictions were AWFUL most of the time.
My experience has been the difference between night and day since Peegs left. Plus, Archie is 0-0: not exactly much to criticize at this point and time.

My experience has been the difference between night and day since Peegs left. Plus, Archie is 0-0: not exactly much to criticize at this point and time.

Since Peegs left?

And, so what if Archie is 0-0? He's been recruiting. And the "real" fans think if you don't believe every kid is destined for the Hall of Fame, that means you're a HATER and secret Purdue fan.

How much would it cost to make you go away Vegas?

If you're too stupid to know how to use the ignore feature, just ask and I'll help you.

I use it quite a bit, and love it, instead of crying how I hate reading posters I don't like.

Oh, wait. Only "sissies" use the ignore feature. REAL men whine non-stop how they hate reading somebody's posts.

LOL!!

If you're too stupid to know how to use the ignore feature, just ask and I'll help you.

I use it quite a bit, and love it, instead of crying how I hate reading posters I don't like.

Oh, wait. Only "sissies" use the ignore feature. REAL men whine non-stop how they hate reading somebody's posts.

LOL!!
No, they just offer legit arguments, instead of pussing out. What’s your beef with his recruiting? The players he retained from Crean’s class? What other insightful criticism do you have of him? You gotta be a lingering CBL. Gotta be.

Reactions: hoosier4life55
No, they just offer legit arguments, instead of pussing out. What’s your beef with his recruiting? The players he retained from Crean’s class? What other insightful criticism do you have of him? You gotta be a lingering CBL. Gotta be.
See Vegas must be at it again. I have him on ignore but I can tell when others are arguing with him. He thinks we have to may forwards but like others have tried to explain they can play different positions.

You don't know who Meyer is do you?

Even if Meyer is ultimately wrong on this prediction, he has a track record that makes it ignorant to not listen to him.

Does Coach K win the National Title every single year? No, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea to get coaching advice from him.

I remember James Blackmon saying he didn't know for sure he was picking IU until the time was nearing for him to pick one of the baseball caps on the table. So I'm skeptical they have made their decisions yet.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see one of these two pick IU during the upcoming early signing period (might let Miller concentrate a little more on getting his new team in shape).

ADVERTISEMENT