ADVERTISEMENT

Jerome Hunter

Morgan / Davis / Forrester / Thompson
Smith / McRoberts / Thompson
Hunter / Anderson
Romeo / Anderson / Grad Transfer SG * / Durham / V. Blackmon
Phinesee / Green / Durham / Anderson / V. Blackmon

In HS I saw Damezi Anderson get the ball in his hands at the top of the key as a Point Forward and SM Riley let him create, drive, shoot, pass. Anderson was a load to handle with his size and strength and ball handling/shooting/passing skills. Anderson is a very good passer, rebounder, and shot blocker, and a streaky shooter. Most of his misses were way beyond the NBA 3pt line. When Anderson shot it from 20 feet in, he was money, and could finish strong at the rim with his strength and athletic mobility.

The Freshmen and newcomers are going to play a very big role in the success of next season's Hoosiers!

Morgan didn't defend the 5 last year and he isn't doing it this year either.

And Smith will play a ton at the 3.

To start the season....

Green
Romeo
Smith
Morgan
Davis or Thompson

LOL. Isn't that the book on Moore who is already labeled a bust.
Moore spent a lot of time playing guard. As he got taller, others likely caught up to him with his ball handling, Instead, he had to learn to be a 4 or 5 and play against more physical players. He learn to play against bigger physical players that match his quickness. He needs the technique and strength to play in the post.

It isn't the same, but my daughter's grade school coach saw she could handle the ball better than the other girls, so he played her at the point. She was 6" taller and faster than those guarding her so she scored a lot of points and blocked a lot of shots. As people caught up to her ball handling, she moved to the 3 (her natural position), and then the 4 and 5 in high school. She never liked the contact in the post and felt more comfortable on the wing or deep corner shooting 3s.

I have been curious about Moore and where Archie would use him. Would Archie decide it would be a mistake to force him to be a post player even though he has the length to play there? Instead of a post player, could he be a 6'-10" SF and use someone like Thompson in the post? It is possible he might not be a post player if Moore shows Archie he can handle the ball and shoot the 3. He has a long way to go at any position.

Moore spent a lot of time playing guard. As he got taller, others likely caught up to him with his ball handling, Instead, he had to learn to be a 4 or 5 and play against more physical players. He learn to play against bigger physical players that match his quickness. He needs the technique and strength to play in the post.

It isn't the same, but my daughter's grade school coach saw she could handle the ball better than the other girls, so he played her at the point. She was 6" taller and faster than those guarding her so she scored a lot of points and blocked a lot of shots. As people caught up to her ball handling, she moved to the 3 (her natural position), and then the 4 and 5 in high school. She never liked the contact in the post and felt more comfortable on the wing or deep corner shooting 3s.

I have been curious about Moore and where Archie would use him. Would Archie decide it would be a mistake to force him to be a post player even though he has the length to play there? Instead of a post player, could he be a 6'-10" SF and use someone like Thompson in the post? It is possible he might not be a post player if Moore shows Archie he can handle the ball and shoot the 3. He has a long way to go at any position.

Correct, his issue isn't ball skills it's physical. He can pass, shoot and dribble.

Forresters issue isn't physical, he's an athlete, it's skills he needs to work on, especially if he plans on being a stretch four..

And, no, Moore can't guard 3's ..regardless if he can handle and shoot.

I think Forrester has potential. Forrester is long and can play in the paint, rebound, and be a rim protector. Moore plays a finesse perimeter at 6'10" he is a bigger work in progress than Forrester. Race Thompson is likely the most physically ready to play inside in the B1G and Race has a good perimeter shooting game as a pick and pop 4. Forrester is intriguing prospect though with the right coaching and development. Moore is a Crean recruit. Not as polished or as ready to contribute, like several during the Crean era.

Reactions: TopSet80
There might be a desire among some of us to write Crean recruits off without a good look but that's not fair to them and happily I doubt Archie would do that.

Sorry. Didn't mean the skills comparison but the fact that he won't play until a junior.
Most 4 star forwards and posts don't play much as underclassmen. Junior year is common. I doubt Moore, Forrester, or Thompson get much playing time this year. Unless they're ahead of the average curve. Thompson may be.. Haven't seen him play. Moore and Forrester most likely not. If Moore gets his feet under him, he currently has very happy feet, he may end up a pro prospect.

Reactions: IUgradman
Morgan didn't defend the 5 last year and he isn't doing it this year either.

And Smith will play a ton at the 3.

To start the season....

Green
Romeo
Smith
Morgan
Davis or Thompson

Phinesee and Hunter will need to be on the floor by the end of the season for IU to maximize their talent potential. By the end of the season I see them both in the top 8, if not the top 5. Phinesee will be the most natural PG on the team and he also brings scoring and can finish at the rim very well. Hunter is one of the top talents on the team, I would rather go small with 3 forwards and no post to get Morgan, Smith, and Hunter all on the floor together.

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Correct, his issue isn't ball skills it's physical. He can pass, shoot and dribble.

Forresters issue isn't physical, he's an athlete, it's skills he needs to work on, especially if he plans on being a stretch four..

And, no, Moore can't guard 3's ..regardless if he can handle and shoot.
He didn't defend anyone well. Time will tell of he can defend any position.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Hopefully a kid who has committed to IU during this transition period and is a 4 star recruit, transfers before he's even played a minute or set foot on campus?

Dude, that's f'd up. Hopefully he blossoms as a 4 year player, and your thought processes progress as much! Hope that was TIC, but didn't sound that way.
Nothing against the kid he just seems more of a kind of Penn State or North western kind of kid. I think were gonna land Romeo so I'll shut my mouth now.......

He didn't defend anyone well. Time will tell of he can defend any position.
Forrester's shot looks good from what I see online so I definitely see him improving in that aspect during his 4 years here. He's going to be very good when he's an upper classmen.

Forrester's shot looks good from what I see online so I definitely see him improving in that aspect during his 4 years here. He's going to be very good when he's an upper classmen.

Well that settles it. Reckon with your blinding/blithery insight if you watch enough clips no one will need to play/watch next year since you'll be able to tell everyone in advance what's going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT