ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Rivers Discusses Tom Crean

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interview is very telling, lots of details given about his experiences with Crean. Lots of behind the scenes information/stories. I think he started talking about Crean around 1:20 into the interview...

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Jeremiah-Rivers-147061617/

If I could summarize the interview in a sentence, I would say, Crean is who we thought he was.

I said from day one that Crean wasn't knowledgeable about basketball. When the opposing coach would make an adjustment, Crean had no idea how to counter it. IU lost most of its close games when Crean was the coach because the better coach usually wins a close game.

I said from day one that Crean wasn't knowledgeable about basketball. When the opposing coach would make an adjustment, Crean had no idea how to counter it. IU lost most of its close games when Crean was the coach because the better coach usually wins a close game.
I’m no fan of Crean, but to say he’s not knowledgeable about basketball is idiotic.

I’m no fan of Crean, but to say he’s not knowledgeable about basketball is idiotic.

Yea, EVERY knowledgeable coach in the country had their teams switch defenses in the middle of a possession.

And of course, EVERY team has an assistant coach hold up signs on the bench! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lucy01
Yea, EVERY knowledgeable coach in the country had their teams switch defenses in the middle of a possession.

And of course, EVERY team has an assistant coach hold up signs on the bench! :rolleyes:
We’re talking about Crean’s management of the team, not his flop against Syracuse. You regularly show yourself yo be ignorant when the subject is IU basketball. Way to keep that streak going. You never disappoint.

We’re talking about Crean’s management of the team, not his flop against Syracuse. You regularly show yourself yo be ignorant when the subject is IU basketball. Way to keep that streak going. You never disappoint.

In what way does my post have ANYTHING to do with the Syracuse debacle?

In what way does my post have ANYTHING to do with the Syracuse debacle?
Misread it, but it doesn’t change anything. You, as someone who knows nothing about basketball, criticizing Crean, is a joke, just as it was with the original poster.

I love how so many of our clown fans changed their opinions of Crean because of one game. One single game.

Good coaches lose games badly sometimes. It’s not an indictment on a coach. Tony Bennett is loved on the board and he lost to a 16 seed with the #1 overall seed one year before winning it all.

The fact of the matter is the Syracuse game doesn’t tell you anything about Crean, good or bad. Not a single thing.

Crean’s downfall was in 9 years he only had 2 teams capable of making a run. To be elite you have to be in a position to make a run nearly every year. It’s just percentages. Duke, UNC, UK, Kansas, etc have a chance to win it all every single year. And every once in awhile the stars align and they make that title run. It’s a numbers game.

Tom Crean was a clown long before the Syracuse game, and he’s been a clown ever since. Archie is no different. There will come a point where everyone realizes this and they change their opinion of Archie. But in reality the clown is a clown long before the other clowns recognize him as one.

I love how so many of our clown fans changed their opinions of Crean because of one game. One single game.

Good coaches lose games badly sometimes. It’s not an indictment on a coach. Tony Bennett is loved on the board and he lost to a 16 seed with the #1 overall seed one year before winning it all.

The fact of the matter is the Syracuse game doesn’t tell you anything about Crean, good or bad. Not a single thing.

Crean’s downfall was in 9 years he only had 2 teams capable of making a run. To be elite you have to be in a position to make a run nearly every year. It’s just percentages. Duke, UNC, UK, Kansas, etc have a chance to win it all every single year. And every once in awhile the stars align and they make that title run. It’s a numbers game.

Tom Crean was a clown long before the Syracuse game, and he’s been a clown ever since. Archie is no different. There will come a point where everyone realizes this and they change their opinion of Archie. But in reality the clown is a clown long before the other clowns recognize him as one.

It told us a lot actually. Year 1 he was coaching a HS team. Year 2 he had a few decent players but they were all freshman. Year 3 was a disappointment granted but then year 4. If UK doesn't go 35-37 from the stripe we win that and probably make the FF. They were a 70% FT team on the season. After the Syracuse game it was obvious to all. I've never seen a team more unprepared for a game in my life.

Thanks for admitting the obvious. A little easy research confirmed that you basically made it up anyway, so you’re an even bigger joke than we previously thought.

Made what up cupcake?

The only "we" you have is in your mind.

Made what up cupcake?

The only "we" you have is in your mind.
“We” is anyone who reads your content free posts. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about, and you’ve obviously never followed IU basketball closely. Please stop trolling.

Reactions: fpeaugh
“We” is anyone who reads your content free posts. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about, and you’ve obviously never followed IU basketball closely. Please stop trolling.

Whatever cupcake.

One more try. You still didn't elaborate on what I "made up". Do tell.

Just realized that you’re the same stupid son of a **** that I was arguing with last spring on here. You claimed that you personally knew so-called “advocates” for RMK that he trashed before he got fired and when called on your bullshit you couldn’t muster one name. You had a different username back then, but it’s clearly you. You have no credibility at all...

It told us a lot actually. Year 1 he was coaching a HS team. Year 2 he had a few decent players but they were all freshman. Year 3 was a disappointment granted but then year 4. If UK doesn't go 35-37 from the stripe we win that and probably make the FF. They were a 70% FT team on the season. After the Syracuse game it was obvious to all. I've never seen a team more unprepared for a game in my life.
You must have also thought Tony Bennett was the worst coach of all time after losing to a 16 seed for the first time ever. And getting blown out to boot.

One game doesn’t mean squat.

You must have also thought Tony Bennett was the worst coach of all time after losing to a 16 seed for the first time ever. And getting blown out to boot.

One game doesn’t mean squat.

Agree with you on this point. I’ve argued many times it wasn’t the zone that beat us, it was how inept our defense was. MCW and Triche looked like Jordan and Pippen in that game. It was the same the year before against Kentucky. We spent most of the second have literally not guarding Kidd-Gilchrest. Not playing off him...literally not guarding him in some strange matchup zone type defense. Yes, 2nd pick in the ensuing draft Kidd-Gilchrest.

There were so many other examples of Creans “mad scientist” efforts getting in the way of actual solid, repeatable basketball. I NEVER felt comfortable in a win when his teams played good teams. Obviously he got a lot of good wins at IU, but he lost many, many games he shouldn’t have before and after that Cuse game. And he’ll continue to.

Reactions: hgdownunder
Just realized that you’re the same stupid son of a **** that I was arguing with last spring on here. You claimed that you personally knew so-called “advocates” for RMK that he trashed before he got fired and when called on your bullshit you couldn’t muster one name. You had a different username back then, but it’s clearly you. You have no credibility at all...
Those voices in your head must be loud tonight. But are you arguing that Knight didn’t turn on some of his friends? You really didn’t know anything about him, did you? Lol

That Crean was the only coach who’s ever done that (and Crean rarely did).

Name other college coaches that have done either and the proof. Whether rare or not (and it was rare) I have not seen another coach do either.

Crean was weird period but you have to hand it to him, he has and still is making a LOT of money.

Name other college coaches that have done either and the proof. Whether rare or not (and it was rare) I have not seen another coach do either.

Crean was weird period but you have to hand it to him, he has and still is making a LOT of money.
Uh, one has won more than one national championship (Pitino). You need to follow the sport if you want to know this stuff

The people he”turned on” heartily earned it...
So, you’re saying he turned on people? Yesterday, you implied he didn’t. Why the 180? And who did he turn on? Why did they deserve it? I’m sure you won’t provide any answers, since you don’t have any detail or insight. But please share if you’re able.

Which one of the things that I stated did Pitino do?

Where is the proof?
Read up on Pitino. And weren’t you the one who alleged Crean did it, even though you really didn’t know or understand what you were watching?

Read up on Pitino. And weren’t you the one who alleged Crean did it, even though you really didn’t know or understand what you were watching?

WTF are you talking about. Crean changing defenses mid possession was widely discussed on this forum and the signs being held up was seen by all.

I didn't allege anything. Right out in front of anyone to see.

Now prove Pitino did it.

Here, I will help you out on the signs.

IU_BB_NORTHWESTERN0915-900x400.jpg

Now your turn with proof.

Crean has proved since leaving his coaching style hasn’t changed! Look what he has done this year with the top player in college basketball, we lost a great one when he left:p

Reactions: Al Bino
WTF are you talking about. Crean changing defenses mid possession was widely discussed on this forum and the signs being held up was seen by all.

I didn't allege anything. Right out in front of anyone to see.

Now prove Pitino did it.
Widely discussed doesn’t mean that it happened. I googled mid possession defensive changes and found a thread you started that made it clear you had no idea what you were talking about. That obviously hasn’t changed. Your posts show you haven’t followed IU closely. Ever. Lol.

So, you’re saying he turned on people? Yesterday, you implied he didn’t. Why the 180? And who did he turn on? Why did they deserve it? I’m sure you won’t provide any answers, since you don’t have any detail or insight. But please share if you’re able.

I never said that it never happened. A year ago now, I asked you to name your sources so that we could weigh whether they deserved it or not. You still haven’t...

I never said that it never happened. A year ago now, I asked you to name your sources so that we could weigh whether they deserved it or not. You still haven’t...
I have no idea what nutty flashback you’re having, but you said this:

“The people he”turned on” heartily earned it...“

Who did he turn on? Why, and what did they do to earn it? If you can’t answer, just admit that you don’t know and that you made this stuff up. You claimed they deserved it, yet you don’t know any of the people or any of the details around his firing. Why, since you’ve acknowledged your ignorance, would you pretend you have insight?

Widely discussed doesn’t mean that it happened. I googled mid possession defensive changes and found a thread you started that made it clear you had no idea what you were talking about. That obviously hasn’t changed. Your posts show you haven’t followed IU closely. Ever. Lol.

Here's a article from the duke game, from someone in Charlotte, so not even a Indiana reporter.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article47820410.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT