ADVERTISEMENT

Jennifer Rubin (Wa. Post's far right columnist) thinks Trump is mentally ill

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I always thought Rubin was off her rocker...but now we are completely simpatico, it seems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-card-e:homepage/story&utm_term=.122f75e61fdf

"The supposition among pundits, elected officials and political insiders is that Trump, like his argument over the inaugural crowd size, “lies” to make himself feel better. His staff salutes, repeats his lies and then gets bashed. What if, however, he thoroughly, “honestly” believes his crazy, unsubstantiated claims? When he denies saying something, what if he honestly does not, cannot recall statements that now come back to haunt him?"

"He seemed awfully sincere about his reprehensible birther conspiracy theories until it became inconvenient to say so. Before reverting to sycophantic form after his primary defeat, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), incensed about Trump’s assertion that Cruz’s father participated in the JFK assassination, called Trump a “pathological liar.” He said, “He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And he had a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook. His response is to accuse everybody else of lying."

Not surprisingly, Paul Krugman also thinks Trump is a lunatic because of all this.

How long before the 25th Amendment is invoked?

Last edited:
I always thought Rubin was off her rocker...but now we are completely simpatico, it seems. Link

"The supposition among pundits, elected officials and political insiders is that Trump, like his argument over the inaugural crowd size, “lies” to make himself feel better. His staff salutes, repeats his lies and then gets bashed. What if, however, he thoroughly, “honestly” believes his crazy, unsubstantiated claims? When he denies saying something, what if he honestly does not, cannot recall statements that now come back to haunt him?"

"He seemed awfully sincere about his reprehensible birther conspiracy theories until it became inconvenient to say so. Before reverting to sycophantic form after his primary defeat, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), incensed about Trump’s assertion that Cruz’s father participated in the JFK assassination, called Trump a “pathological liar.” He said, “He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And he had a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook. His response is to accuse everybody else of lying."

Not surprisingly, Paul Krugman also thinks Trump is a lunatic because of all this.

First link is bad. Did you see my post about Iran? We are no longer a democracy. Very quickly we are moving into Russian style "democracy" if not worse.

Pence is looking over the fence. Will the situation be better with Pence?:confused:[/QUOTE]

We are basically 2 countries now. East and West coasts v everywhere else. a few urban big cities in the everywhere else part of the east and west coasts. Start the dissolution already.

Pence is looking over the fence. Will the situation be better with Pence?:confused:

We are basically 2 countries now. East and West coasts v everywhere else. a few urban big cities in the everywhere else part of the east and west coasts. Start the dissolution already.[/QUOTE]

You could think of the east and west coast as ears and there's really nothing in between

Reactions: meridian
True for the most part, although the fact that 1 out of every 15 people in the city of Chicago showed up to protest Trump makes me feel good about one spot between the ears!

We are basically 2 countries now. East and West coasts v everywhere else. a few urban big cities in the everywhere else part of the east and west coasts. Start the dissolution already.

You could think of the east and west coast as ears and there's really nothing in between[/QUOTE]

He is driving us off of a moral cliff. This is the example he wants to set for the world?

I'm ashamed.

First link is bad. Did you see my post about Iran? We are no longer a democracy. Very quickly we are moving into Russian style "democracy" if not worse.

Joseph Goebbels: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Reactions: DrHoops
I always thought Rubin was off her rocker...but now we are completely simpatico, it seems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/01/25/maybe-trump-isnt-lying/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-e:homepage/story&utm_term=.122f75e61fdf

giphy.gif

TDS

Guess you don't know who Jennifer Rubin is, then.

He's a baby who wants people without health insurance to DIE while he gets his insurance from mommy and daddy. Has probably never worked a day in his life nor suffered. About to put him on my ignore list.

You're officially a dumbass. Fortunately you're young enough you have an excuse for your dumbassery.

Rubin isn't left of anything. She's just not stupid/crazy/a sycophant (which is the only thing left within the party of Trump.

Just ignored him. Already much nicer.

He's a baby who wants people without health insurance to DIE while he gets his insurance from mommy and daddy. Has probably never worked a day in his life nor suffered. About to put him on my ignore list.

Paint as some toddler with a silver spoon all you want. I'll eat a bullet before I'm in my 30's or 40's complaining about how the government is ruining my life.

Reactions: Lucy01
Take it easy on the boy. I dunno about you, but I'll admit I was an obnoxious, selfish, self-centered punk when I was in my early 20s. I'm lucky someone didn't poison me.

I'm not being harsh. Telling someone when they are still in their 20s that they are being a dumbass is how you avoid having a nation full of old adult dumbasses. It's a public service. Once you get to middle age, the chance for reflection diminishes.

And forget old people....just take a look around this board for confirmation of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT