ADVERTISEMENT

Jenner instead of Lauren Hill

for ESPY's Arthur Ashe Courage Award.
That's a bad joke!

Don't they now have a couple different awards? Like last year, didn't Michael Sam win the Arthur Ashe award but Stuart Scott was honored with something else? Isn't it a Jimmy V award or something?

Also, I saw Joel McHale is hosting. So a guy who made his name making constant jokes on The Soup about the Kardashians is going to have his hands tied when it comes to making Bruce Jenner jokes. Now that's a bad joke.

That's a bad joke!

Well, she's dead. And were it not for all that ESPN already did to publicize Lauren Hill, she'd just have been another sad local story that millions wouldn't have known about.

Jenner was an icon. Some people are obviously uncomfortable with that situation.

Thank God Bruce Kardashian can buy pizza in Indiana.

The world has now righted itself and can spin around the Sun again.

Yeah, but (s)he can't be an IU football fan.

Also, I saw Joel McHale is hosting. So a guy who made his name making constant jokes on The Soup about the Kardashians is going to have his hands tied when it comes to making Bruce Jenner jokes. Now that's a bad joke.

Grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif

Don't they now have a couple different awards? Like last year, didn't Michael Sam win the Arthur Ashe award but Stuart Scott was honored with something else? Isn't it a Jimmy V award or something?

Today I learned people actually care about the ESPYs

That's a bad joke!
I'm not sure what winning an ESPY does for either Jenner or Hill. Other than something for Jenner or Hill's family to have something to put on a mantle, it doesn't really add or take away from either story. An ESPY isn't exactly the crowning achievement that makes or breaks someone's life. This is more generally directed and not specifically toward you, but if anyone sincerely cares so much about who wins an ESPY, they probably need to prioritize what they care about a little more carefully.

You've known that for a few years.
Posters were falling over themselves when CWat won an ESPN award for the buzzer beater against UK.
You may not care. I may not care. But some people care.

The ESPYs may be the very worst thing that ESPN does. This is a bold statement considering 99% of what that entity churns out is chit. The only redeeming thing about the ESPYs is when Norm MacDonald scorched the stage leaving a trail of bodies behind with his monologue back in the late 90s.

The ESPYs may be the very worst thing that ESPN does. This is a bold statement considering 99% of what that entity churns out is chit. The only redeeming thing about the ESPYs is when Norm MacDonald scorched the stage leaving a trail of bodies behind with his monologue back in the late 90s.

99%? I'm not a huge ESPN fan overall, but 99%?

Their live programming properties are the best.
OTL is fantastic and E:60 has some really good stuff too.
30 for 30 is top notch.
Anything that Tom Rinaldi does is usually VERY GOOD.

For those interested...

That was incredible! Wow...Norm completely slayed. It's funny how the jocks aren't comfortable at all when someone is being AOTF'ish towards them. Wasn't sure if that was Norm or TMP.

Thanks for posting this.
The Anthony Mason swears the ESPYs are 18 punchline is freaking gold.

And yes that Courtney Thorne Smith interview HA posted might be the best late night TV moment in the past 20 years.

99%? I'm not a huge ESPN fan overall, but 99%?

Their live programming properties are the best.
OTL is fantastic and E:60 has some really good stuff too.
30 for 30 is top notch.
Anything that Tom Rinaldi does is usually VERY GOOD.

Can't decide if your real estate or tv programming advice is worse.

Probably just fade everything you say to be safe.

I can't believe people believe Bruce Jenner is really a transvestite. It's a bullshit publicity stunt. He's part of the Giantgrossassian family. Get a f'ing clue..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT