ADVERTISEMENT

JD Vance - you suck

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
FIVE times in the last three weeks I have sat in traffic because he decides to fly somewhere in the middle of rush hour. WTF? Can't you just get yourself a nice motorhome and live down by the airport until election day? Do you really need to fly home every stinking night and then fly out every stinking morning? I am sick and tired of waiting for your motorcade to take you 5 minutes from your house to Lunken Airport. Ride a bike! It would do you some good. And what's with the ambulance always following your car? Is there something you're not telling us? I mean, your route takes you no more than 10 minutes from one of the finest trauma hospitals in the Midwest, yet you need an ambulance in your motorcade? And for Christ's sake, don't you think 25 police cars is a bit much?

FIVE times in the last three weeks I have sat in traffic because he decides to fly somewhere in the middle of rush hour. WTF? Can't you just get yourself a nice motorhome and live down by the airport until election day? Do you really need to fly home every stinking night and then fly out every stinking morning? I am sick and tired of waiting for your motorcade to take you 5 minutes from your house to Lunken Airport. Ride a bike! It would do you some good. And what's with the ambulance always following your car? Is there something you're not telling us? I mean, your route takes you no more than 10 minutes from one of the finest trauma hospitals in the Midwest, yet you need an ambulance in your motorcade? And for Christ's sake, don't you think 25 police cars is a bit much?
If it was Walz would you feel the same way? In my mind a leftist would get out of their car and salute while they have tears streaming down their cheeks.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
That’s fcking infuriating

If it was Walz would you feel the same way? In my mind a leftist would get out of their car and salute while they have tears streaming down their cheeks.

A rightist and your assumptions. Just because you're a hypocrite doesn't mean everyone is ;)

Reactions: NOMORENIT
This kind of post is why no one here respects you.
noway-nope.gif

Reactions: DANC
Living not terribly far from the Pittsburgh airport, I get stuck at least twice a year when Biden or Trump or whomever is visiting since this is a place that they come to pretend they are blue collar guys.

Move.

Get a place downtown and walk to your office.

Work from home.

Reminds me of the “big complaint” here in Montgomery about locking up the Swaim Park tennis courts at 7 PM. Those living near the park were/are pissed about the increasing pickleball noise, which “reduces their enjoyment of their backyards in the evening hours.” The main response on NextDoor is: Fvcking move!

Move.

Get a place downtown and walk to your office.

Work from home.

Reminds me of the “big complaint” here in Montgomery about locking up the Swaim Park tennis courts at 7 PM. Those living near the park were/are pissed about the increasing pickleball noise, which “reduces their enjoyment of their backyards in the evening hours.” The main response on NextDoor is: Fvcking move!
I was here first. Vance can move.

Hell yes. I'd give him the finger too.

And do you seriously think I'm a leftist?
Careful, now. Wasn’t a woman fired after pictures surfaced of her giving the finger, while riding her bike, to a Trump caravan?

We’ll be looking for pictures of a guy in a Purdue t-shirt flashing the bird to J.D. Who’s your Managing Partner again?

• Haha
Reactions: cosmickid and DANC
Living not terribly far from the Pittsburgh airport, I get stuck at least twice a year when Biden or Trump or whomever is visiting since this is a place that they come to pretend they are blue collar guys.
Vance flew to Pittsburgh this morning. Not sure where he flew into, but here he flies out of a small municipal airport. It was the main airport here until the late 1940s.

lunken-terminal144747-2.jpg

Careful, now. Wasn’t a woman fired after pictures surfaced of her giving the finger, while riding her bike, to a Trump caravan?

We’ll be looking for pictures of a guy in a Purdue t-shirt flashing the bird to J.D. Who’s your Managing Partner again?
Around here I would likely receive a nice bonus if that picture surfaced.

Cincinnati traffic is already the worst of any medium sized city I’ve ever driven through. Politicians don’t give two shits about how much they inconvenience the citizens of any city in America.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Good to see he makes it home every night to be with his family. Political careers can be really straining on families and if you don't pay your family enough mind you end up with Hunter and Ashley Biden's.

Cincinnati traffic is already the worst of any medium sized city I’ve ever driven through. Politicians don’t give two shits about how much they inconvenience the citizens of any city in America.
Ironically, the route I use to drive downtown (Columbia Parkway) is usually not bad at all (no highway). Vance lives 2.5 miles from the airport he's been using. He could almost coast downhill the entire way on a bike.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Vance flew to Pittsburgh this morning. Not sure where he flew into, but here he flies out of a small municipal airport. It was the main airport here until the late 1940s.

lunken-terminal144747-2.jpg
I know it’s a cropped picture - but it looks like a prison!

Good to see he makes it home every night to be with his family. Political careers can be really straining on families and if you don't pay your family enough mind you end up with Hunter and Ashley Biden's.
His family could live with him in the motorhome next to the airport. He could afford a big one.

That’s because even the possibility of a few rain drops or snowflakes results in the activation of governors in cars, allowing them to go no faster than 10 mph.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle
While I don't disagree with your overall point:
1) Every time he travels by plane / motorcade, it's probably at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars minimum when you add up the cost of the jet fuel / plane rental, secret service personnel, car rentals, etc.
2) I'm 99% certain that Vance isn't paying for that himself. He is likely using S-PAC or donations funds, but either way, you are probably paying for it.

If you are fine with that, then more power to you.

While I don't disagree with your overall point:
1) Every time he travels by plane / motorcade, it's probably at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars minimum when you add up the cost of the jet fuel / plane rental, secret service personnel, car rentals, etc.
2) I'm 99% certain that Vance isn't paying for that himself. He is likely using S-PAC or donations funds, but either way, you are probably paying for it.

If you are fine with that, then more power to you.
How am I paying for it?

How am I paying for it?
As I said, either through donations to Trump / Vance's political campaign (if you have inclined to do so) and / or through your tax dollars (specifically the secret service detail which comes from money you pay in your federal taxes, which I really hope you have inclined to do so). From a party that is trying to preach how the Biden / Harris government is wasting tax dollars, spending federal money to visit his family every day would be considered hypocritical. I have no problem if it is a periodic thing. I will not begrudge a man from spending time with his family, but there are sacrifices that have to be made if you are applying for this job. Not being able to see them as often as he likes is, unfortunately, likely part of the job description.

• Haha
As I said, either through donations to Trump / Vance's political campaign (if you have inclined to do so) and / or through your tax dollars (specifically the secret service detail which comes from money you pay in your federal taxes, which I really hope you have inclined to do so). From a party that is trying to preach how the Biden / Harris government is wasting tax dollars, spending federal money to visit his family every day would be considered hypocritical. I have no problem if it is a periodic thing. I will not begrudge a man from spending time with his family, but there are sacrifices that have to be made if you are applying for this job. Not being able to see them as often as he likes is, unfortunately, likely part of the job description.
Okay. Don’t frequently complain about the cost of SS details for candidates on the campaign trail? Or are you making an exception for Vance because you perceive him to be more wasteful without any data?

Okay. Don’t frequently complain about the cost of SS details for candidates on the campaign trail? Or are you making an exception for Vance because you perceive him to be more wasteful without any data?
The answer is, I probably don't have an issue for what is the reality. If it is as the OP says, five times in three weeks, I have no problem with it.
If it is every single night (You were the one who wrote "Good to see he makes it home every night to be with his family."), I would have a problem with it.
I had the same complaint about Trump. He flew to Mar-A-Lago something like 17 times in his first year of his presidency at a cost of millions of dollars in tax payer money. It was wasteful. He at least somewhat curtailed those visits by 2019.

The answer is, I probably don't have an issue for what is the reality. If it is as the OP says, five times in three weeks, I have no problem with it.
If it is every single night (You were the one who wrote "Good to see he makes it home every night to be with his family."), I would have a problem with it.
I had the same complaint about Trump. He flew to Mar-A-Lago something like 17 times in his first year of his presidency at a cost of millions of dollars in tax payer money. It was wasteful. He at least somewhat curtailed those visits by 2019.
Is the cost for an SS detail higher if he is transiting from an airport to his home than if he is transiting from the airport to a hotel? Presumably there is a motorcade and a detail wherever he travels so why is the visit home such a sticking point?

Hurry or you might miss the last straw.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Is the cost for an SS detail higher if he is transiting from an airport to his home than if he is transiting from the airport to a hotel? Presumably there is a motorcade and a detail wherever he travels so why is the visit home such a sticking point?
I can't imagine how it wouldn't be. Even if it's from a man-hours perspective alone. Even though his security detail probably is in his vicinity 24-7, when they are traveling they are on the clock, and I suspect the detail is greater during travel than it is once the protectee is at a secure location. Once he is in his hotel for the night, they can go into shifts. So you are weighing the 15 minute trip from the rally location to a hotel compared to the 4 hour trip from the rally back to Ohio.
Even at a bare minimum, you are talking two motorcades (rally to airport, airport to home) compared to one (rally to hotel).

Again, I don't have a huge problem with it, unless it is excessive.

That makes no sense at all. You trying to be funny?
Attempting to be a bit funny. But I was pointing out a tendency about people. If you like someone you give them the benefit of the doubt. You don't mind being inconvenienced. On the other hand when you don't like someone, even a perceived inconvenience is never tolerated and just might be amplified.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT