ADVERTISEMENT

JBJ Gone

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif
For the life of me, I can't figure out why Blackmon thought he needed to leave his man and run to the other side of the floor. Maybe he was looking for a rebound or something.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
What? You're stalking now?

One of the beauties of message boards is that they allow for expression on/of so many levels/personas. Course if you've only the one...

Peace. I'm for squashing this beef. No one wins on message boards.

Agreed. And one of the beauties of life is that we can try out new lives and see what fits best. Or it should be. Have a good one, man!

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
For the life of me, I can't figure out why Blackmon thought he needed to leave his man and run to the other side of the floor. Maybe he was looking for a rebound or something.
But did you notice the hustle? He was sprinting away from his man, and that's key to the Crean transition offense.

DWS

Peace. I'm for squashing this beef. No one wins on message boards.

Agreed. And one of the beauties of life is that we can try out new lives and see what fits best. Or it should be. Have a good one, man!

Grace and wisdom. Impressed - tip of the hat to thee. Long life.

Reactions: hondo314
Thank you JBJ for the time you had at IU... but I for one, will not miss you... I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I do hope you get a shot at the NBA... hopefully you will become a more well rounded player, especially when your paycheck will depend on your defenisive participation... Thank you again and Good Luck!
I am with you. While he could put up alot of points that was all he really did and was allowed to jack up shots at will. That was great with a coach like crean who let you do what you want but would not work under Miller. I think it would have been a bad fit as I doubt JBJ would buy into his system imo.

Yes losing our three best players is "trimming the fat".

Well, if you read my post correctly you'd see that I was only talking about JBJ and TB when I made the comment. TB's positive contribution may have been more of a mystery but the data supports that JBJ was a liability unless he was scoring 20 plus a game.

We have the last two years to support how he affected this team. He may have lead in scoring but one of the 3 best players?

Well, if you read my post correctly you'd see that I was only talking about JBJ and TB when I made the comment. TB's positive contribution may have been more of a mystery but the data supports that JBJ was a liability unless he was scoring 20 plus a game.

We have the last two years to support how he affected this team. He may have lead in scoring but one of the 3 best players?

What data? After OG those two had easily the highest PER's on the team last year, and obviously OG was hurt through conference play.

So effectively, they were our two best players.

We'd be better next year had they stayed, than we will now that they've left.

If you have some personal vendetta against them so be it, but at least own up to it.

Reactions: reabhnt and T.M.P.
Can't blame JBJ for leaving. He was never going to improve with another year and he risked another injury by staying. I will not take shots at him but I also don't think him leaving is a huge loss.

Isn't it about time some Purdue players announced their intentions to leave early? They had three test the waters while we had four and three are officially gone already.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
What data? After OG those two had easily the highest PER's on the team last year, and obviously OG was hurt through conference play.

So effectively, they were our two best players.

We'd be better next year had they stayed, than we will now that they've left.

If you have some personal vendetta against them so be it, but at least own up to it.

If you want to call being sick and tired of watching two ridiculously gifted athletes be lazy and cry about every call a vendetta,, then so be it. Addition by subtraction, just like 2015 when JBJ went out with the knee.

If you want to call being sick and tired of watching two ridiculously gifted athletes be lazy and cry about every call a vendetta,, then so be it. Addition by subtraction, just like 2015 when JBJ went out with the knee.
If that's the case, you wouldn't like the NBA -- they (and probably their agents) complain about everything.

"conjecture, conjecture, rehashed(and short-sighted) talking point"

end comment.

Try to bring something of substance please.

and was allowed to jack up shots at will.

Ugh, his shots per minute was only 1.5 per 40 ahead of RJ and not very high compared to some players at 16 per 40 especially considering pace of play. Do you just make this stuff up and think no one will notice?

Then considering he had an EFG% of 60%, which was by far the most efficient of our major players, and one of the highest in conference, he probably should have been getting more shots and probably would have if we had a better coach.

Just stick with the BS defensive narrative everyone is so fond of, no need to fabricate even more BS to make him look worse.

Last edited:
"conjecture, conjecture, rehashed(and short-sighted) talking point"

end comment.

Try to bring something of substance please.

It's awesome that you're here now to police everyone and keep us in check, I can't imagine how we've gotten along without you for the last 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT