ADVERTISEMENT

JBJ Gone

JBJ's play really hurts us when he is not hitting shots. I Dont mean to bash but its just the reality of it. We will miss his scoring and I think we will be ok. I dont know why you think we will be filled with one and dones. A couple a year is fine but I wouldnt want to reload every year like UK.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...mon-jr-hire-agent-remain-nba-draft/101401592/

& reality sits in as the worst situation possible as a whole (pre end-of-season) has now taken place.
At this rate, Miller recruited teams will be one and dones so get ready.... .. .
Not sure what this refers to. If it, in part, refers to JBJ going, then, yes, he will be gone as we generally expected. Thought that Archie Miller might just have the opportunity to better use JBJ. Not the worst case though. The worst case was if the existing team transferred in mass or just left and the 3 recruits that had signed LOIs bolted.

Secondly, nothing in what Archie Miller has put out there indicates to me that his recruits will be solely one-and-dones. He likes upperclassmen. So I guess, I don't follow the above post. He is contacting some 4- and 5-star players. But why not get one or two of them in the coming years? I think his biggest show is contacting the elite in Indiana and connecting with the state coaches.

He is friendly with Calipari, so maybe one might think that that philosophy in recruiting will be coming to IU. Really?

I don't think so.

JBJ was cold blooded from 3 most of the time...will miss that, but I think IU will be just fine..

& reality sits in as the worst situation possible as a whole (pre end-of-season) has now taken place.
At this rate, Miller recruited teams will be one and dones so get ready.... .. .

Pretty sure Hoosier hysteria means something different than how this sounds. "...worst possible situation..."?! This doesn't hold a candle to the Sampson debacle. As for CAM defaulting to OADs, total non-sequitur, i.e., not based on any logic or rational thought process.

Breathe. Drink more water and less cola/caffiene. Imagine CTC returning to inherit this situation (that is probably identical to the one he would have) and then alternately consider a starting five of De'ron, Juwan, Rojo, Newkirk and Hartman with Devo, CuJo, the two MCs with a season under their belts and others including three solid freshman to back them up under CAM. IU will be fine, better than.

Reactions: cryano
I still don't get why a player would give up their college eligibility if they know they will not get drafted. To me playing college basketball would be the best time of your life and why give that up to play n the D-league. I understood it when Isiah left because of his family situation and how bleak it was. Before players had to show hardship before they were allowed to enter the draft early and wish it could go back to that.

I still don't get why a player would give up their college eligibility if they know they will not get drafted. To me playing college basketball would be the best time of your life and why give that up to play n the D-league. I understood it when Isiah left because of his family situation and how bleak it was. Before players had to show hardship before they were allowed to enter the draft early and wish it could go back to that.

Not necessarily the D league. Maybe he will play in Europe. They make good money (at least compared to me!!) and will get to travel to boot. Not that bad of a life.

Reactions: hondo314
He can get a check playing in Europe. Maybe he didn't want to play for Miller. Maybe he was so close to Crean that he didn't want another coach at IU. Maybe he just wanted to get paid for what he's doing. He can make a good living in Europe.

He can get a check playing in Europe. Maybe he didn't want to play for Miller. Maybe he was so close to Crean that he didn't want another coach at IU. Maybe he just wanted to get paid for what he's doing. He can make a good living in Europe.
Depends what leagues you play in Europe and what benefits they give you. There are some lower leagues over there that have a hard time paying their players on time.

I get what you're saying but then I wonder . . .

How wonderful is that college experience?

It's not a "normal" college experience. For instance, early morning workouts, classes, team meetings, team practices, lifting and conditioning, extra time in the gym, studying, travel schedules.

And, I think that in JBJ's mind he never expected to stay three or four years. He has a limited number of years to play ball (probably fewer years less than most athletes due to his injuries) and for now, his goals are all directed at playing ball at the pro level.

He's going to get paid to play basketball at some level. That's what he wants to do.

I get what you're saying but then I wonder . . .

How wonderful is that college experience?

It's not a "normal" college experience. For instance, early morning workouts, classes, team meetings, team practices, lifting and conditioning, extra time in the gym, studying, travel schedules.

And, I think that in JBJ's mind he never expected to stay three or four years. He has a limited number of years to play ball (probably fewer years less than most athletes due to his injuries) and for now, his goals are all directed at playing ball at the pro level.[/Q

Playing in front of packed crowds in the big ten every night while playing on national tv. Also getting to play in the NCAA Tournament which is the best tournament in sports.
Playing in the big

And he has had several leg injuries already. He got his degree, given the uncertain nature of his legs holding out, he is smart to get a check while his body allows it.

Best of luck to him.

He didn't really have a good reason to stay.

As has already been said in this thread. His abilities have an expiration date, maybe a sooner one than he may like.

He should go make money while he can.

The OP's last sentence is a non-sequitur as well.

The worst case was if the existing team transferred in mass or just left and the 3 recruits that had signed LOIs had bolted

I guess....if you even considered this.
I know I didnt... have more pride in your school man geesh.

...And even if that would have happened , I would consider that a positive outcome vs kids that didn't have their heart in it playing for IU.

Og,Bryant, & JBJ all leaving are the worst possible situation pre season ending excluding Crean NOT being removed. (which was unmentionable BC from my perspective, I really felt he was gone once the season ended.)

Last edited:
xTiTnINUKoe9OFKQta.gif

I will bet anybody on the board with the departures our defense will be top 5 in the big ten. Blackmon gave up 15-20ppg Bryant was not as bad but near the defender Davis is OG will hurt but Morgan is a good defender.

I guess....if you even considered this.
I know I didnt... have more pride in your school man geesh.

...And even if that would have happened , I would consider that a positive outcome vs kids that didn't have their heart in it playing for IU.

Og,Bryant, & JBJ all leaving are the worst possible situation pre season ending excluding Crean NOT being removed. (which was unmentionable BC from my perspective, I really felt he was gone once the season ended.)
Not sure why my pride in IU has anything to do with whether the team leaving in mass was a possibility. You stated "the worst case" and I stated one that was worse. I didn't consider its was probable; but, that wasn't what you were posting.. It was just there and you missed it.

You also didn't speak to what your last sentence in the OP was supposed to mean.

Neither of your points made sense.

Don't know what my pride in IU has to do with your sloppy reasoning.

Reactions: RBB89
That would be like TB, OG & JBJ sticking around, eh? Can't have it both ways...
Youre either not too bright ,trolling,or reading what you wanna read,aka not paying attention
R-E-A-D T-H-I-S V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y

If, I, thought, that, TB, OG, & JBJ, didnt, have, their, heart, in, Iu, .........I, wouldnt, consider, keeping, them, a, greater, case, scenario.......
There, for, No, its TWO, completely, separately , different, situations

Last edited:
Youre either not too bright ,trolling,or reading what you wanna read,aka not paying attention
R-E-A-D T-H-I-S V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y

If, I, thought, that, TB, OG, & JBJ, didnt, have, their, heart, in, Iu, .........I, wouldnt, consider, keeping, them, a, greater, case, scenario.......
There, for, No, its TWO, completely, separately , different, situations
Can you please explain what the last sentence in your original post is supposed to mean? As another poster said, it appears to be a complete non sequitur.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Maybe James was scared that Miller was actually going to expect something from him on both ends of the floor. For me personally, the fat has been trimmed exactly the way I wanted it, Bryant and Blackmon gone.

I didn't really foresee OG leaving, especially after blowing a knee, but I'm not worried about it either.

Maybe James was scared that Miller was actually going to expect something from him on both ends of the floor. For me personally, the fat has been trimmed exactly the way I wanted it, Bryant and Blackmon gone.

I didn't really foresee OG leaving, especially after blowing a knee, but I'm not worried about it either.

Yes losing our three best players is "trimming the fat".

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Let's put it this way:
We won't be any worse then we were at the end of the season without them.

Last edited:
Thank you JBJ for the time you had at IU... but I for one, will not miss you... I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I do hope you get a shot at the NBA... hopefully you will become a more well rounded player, especially when your paycheck will depend on your defenisive participation... Thank you again and Good Luck!

ADVERTISEMENT