ADVERTISEMENT

jay burson vs luke brown

back in the early eighties i had business dealings with a guy from New Castle, and when he found out i was from Btown, he mentioned to me that there was this 6'1" white guy in New Castle that was going to go to IU to play bball.

being a business situation i didn't want to offend him, but secretly thought to myself, "yeah, right".

Jay Burson couldn't make shots unless he was moving or off balance or anything other than being set! Great player - super fun to watch.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
back in the early eighties i had business dealings with a guy from New Castle, and when he found out i was from Btown, he mentioned to me that there was this 6'1" white guy in New Castle that was going to go to IU to play bball.

being a business situation i didn't want to offend him, but secretly thought to myself, "yeah, right".
yeah, New Castle holds a special place in the hearts of Hoosier Nation, with a couple of our all-time greats. What other IU players over the years have come from New Castle?

yeah, New Castle holds a special place in the hearts of Hoosier Nation, with a couple of our all-time greats. What other IU players over the years have come from New Castle?
As far as basketball, it would be Alford and Kent Benson. New Castle likely would have had a 3rd basketball great with Ray Pavy had his IU career not been cut short with an auto accident that left him paralyzed.

However, other notable Hoosiers like Tom Allen are from there as well. One of the great Hoosiers ever was Danny Danielson. He was on the Board of Trustees for 22 years.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT