ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Kushner Russian Spy

How can this not be the straw that breaks the camel's back? This is completely over the line. How can republicans in congress not be talking impeachment with this latest charge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html
I'm sure it was completely innocent.

latest

I'm sure it was completely innocent.

latest

I would like to see @coh spin on this one :D

Knowing next to nothing on laws about treason, it's apparent the laws need to be amended. If working with the Russians to undermine our democracy + elections does not fit a legal defintion of treason, then the defintion is far too narrow. For that matter, many are arguing that collusion itself is not criminal.

Reactions: pdtkkg
Meh! Just another one of those weird coincidences. .. all 173 of them and counting.

Trump is all about making America great!

So he didn't waste time and decided to do it before innugration. He has worked so hard to date..
Deserves to hv his beautiful face on Mt Rushmore today.

Jimmy Breslin wrote a book years ago anticipating the Trump team, "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight", what a bunch of incompetent boobs.

One interesting defense is that the Russians "planted" these conversations for the purpose of determining if the communication channel was compromised. This is not an uncommon technique when it comes to counter-espionage. It is how the Americans learned the Japanese were planning to attack Midway.

Not saying I buy it as a defense, but the thought had occurred to me.

Reactions: meridian
How can this not be the straw that breaks the camel's back? This is completely over the line. How can republicans in congress not be talking impeachment with this latest charge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Where are all these patriotic republicans who tirelessly tried to get to the truth on Benghazi? Where are they on this one?

Could you imagine if Hillary or the black guy did anything even remotely close to this. They'd already be out of office and in jail. There would have already been 20+ investigations and 8 hearings...

Where are all these patriotic republicans who tirelessly tried to get to the truth on Benghazi? Where are they on this one?

Could you imagine if Hillary or the black guy did anything even remotely close to this. They'd already be out of office and in jail. There would have already been 20+ investigations and 8 hearings...
That's because they weren't "patriots".

Reactions: DrHoops
Well it does seem to be a bit too much of a face palm. Hence, I need some corroborating stories and accounts before I start to believe this one.
One interesting defense is that the Russians "planted" these conversations for the purpose of determining if the communication channel was compromised. This is not an uncommon technique when it comes to counter-espionage. It is how the Americans learned the Japanese were planning to attack Midway.

Not saying I buy it as a defense, but the thought had occurred to me.
I agree with both of your points. My first thought was "No way they were that stupid. This must be something else."

Wait . . . . .what? I thought the Russians planting news stories was supposed to help Trump . . . . . . . .

And I thought the Russians only plant fake news . . . . . . .

Nice that the Democrats now see the Russians as a credible source. The Russians also said they didn't hack the DNC and didn't interfere in the election. So I guess that's that.

Reactions: stollcpa
Wait . . . . .what? I thought the Russians planting news stories was supposed to help Trump . . . . . . . .

And I thought the Russians only plant fake news . . . . . . .

Nice that the Democrats now see the Russians as a credible source. The Russians also said they didn't hack the DNC and didn't interfere in the election. So I guess that's that.

What on earth??? Wasn't this from our intelligence intercepting the calls/convos?? Or am I completely misreading everything. I can't possibly imagine the russians would release this infofmation on their own. If the russians helped trump in office, only to "help" impeachment, I'm underestimating their desire to destroy us.

Fyi,this thread is not about hacking and the dnc.

What on earth??? Wasn't this from our intelligence intercepting the calls/convos?? Or am I completely misreading everything. I can't possibly imagine the russians would release this infofmation on their own. If the russians helped trump in office, only to "help" impeachment, I'm underestimating their desire to destroy us.

You're not misreading. CO's response is entirely off-topic and another attempt at deflection.

You're not misreading. CO's response is entirely off-topic and another attempt at deflection.

you know how i know this is bad... And he knows it... When he is claiming the russians released this kushner info. It's literally 100% false. It's not even possible to "distract" this.

they would have called for obama to be lynched.

It looks bad, but to be fair we need to wait on the full investigation and not selected leaks before the pitchforks and torches.

we've had what, 200 coincidences? Do you think these people should be allowed to run the country with charges likely hanging over their heads? Does it give you any confidence in them? Do you trust them? Hell they could purposefully do us harm out of vengence.

And if collusion with an adversary in an attempt to undermine our democracy/elections is not itself a crime, the laws need to be changed.

we've had what, 200 coincidences? Do you think these people should be allowed to run the country with charges likely hanging over their heads? Does it give you any confidence in them? Do you trust them? Hell they could purposefully do us harm out of vengence.

And if collusion with an adversary in an attempt to undermine our democracy/elections is not itself a crime, the laws need to be changed.
You've already made it clear in the past that you'd prefer an illegal coup over the current administration. That is never going to happen. You might as well come to grips with that.

You've already made it clear in the past that you'd prefer an illegal coup over the current administration. That is never going to happen. You might as well come to grips with that.

there won't be a coup, and that had nothing to do with my post ;) i would exepect anyone associated with this investigation to step aside until it's completed. That seems like a normal, ethical thing to do. How can people who potentially committed espionage be in charge of governing?

Edit: what im arguing is that trump, kushner, etc have lost their legitimacy to govern until this investigation is completed.

Last edited:
there won't be a coup, and that had nothing to do with my post ;) i would exepect anyone associated with this investigation to step aside until it's completed. That seems like a normal, ethical thing to do. How can people who potentially committed espionage be in charge of governing?

Edit: what im arguing is that trump, kushner, etc have lost their legitimacy to govern until this investigation is completed.
Because we have a presidential system of government, not a parliamentary one. The only method afforded us to turn out a government (other than impeaching everyone, which takes time and is unrealistic, in any case) is in a quadrennial election.

Good God man, stop deflecting. Every thread ends up going off the rails.

The lynchpin of this story is the report of the Russian diplomat using channels that the Russians know are under surveillance. The WaPo story acknowledges that the Russians often plant fake communications in these circumstances.

The real story here is the rampant criminal activity that produces the pipeline from FISA surveillance to the NYT or WaPo. But that story is only a "deflection" right?

Reactions: stollcpa
The lynchpin of this story is the report of the Russian diplomat using channels that the Russians know are under surveillance. The WaPo story acknowledges that the Russians often plant fake communications in these circumstances.

The real story here is the rampant criminal activity that produces the pipeline from FISA surveillance to the NYT or WaPo. But that story is only a "deflection" right?
It is a fair point that we have no idea that he actually said those things. Hence why I agreed we should wait on a full investigation. The harder question for him might be why he did not report the conversation. I don't run in these type circles, is meeting with foreign agents so common that they are easy to forget?

You are too smart to be doing this on accident. Consider that your last word on the matter. If you want to talk about other issues, start other threads.

But at what point do you take security clearance away? I mean...Kushner wanted to use Russia's secure lines in order to communicate directly with the Kremlin. That's espionage if not treason.

He simply cannot have security clearance...and the way Trump acted at the NATO summit makes me think he should no longer have security clearance either. If you were the British, would you want to share information with Trump?

But at what point do you take security clearance away? I mean...Kushner wanted to use Russia's secure lines in order to communicate directly with the Kremlin. That's espionage if not treason.

He simply cannot have security clearance...and the way Trump acted at the NATO summit makes me think he should no longer have security clearance either. If you were the British, would you want to share information with Trump?

how many chances do you get before enough is enough? Dozens of "oops, coincidence" all involving the russians are not merely coincidence. Do you wait for the building to collapse before shouting fire?

I'm seriously beginning to think our government is compromised far beyond anyone realizes by the Russians, and that trump is truly a manchurian candidate.

Reactions: Bill4411
That's espionage if not treason.
No, it's not. It's only espionage if he is sharing sensitive information. It can't be treason by definition, because Russia's not technically an enemy.

Trump is an embarrassment, there is no doubt about that. I'm sure many of his advisers have done or are doing things that will be damaging to America in the long run. But after many months of listening to Republicans falsely accuse Clinton and Obama of treason, I don't need to now hear it from the left. Many conservatives have shown their hypocrisy by being silent on Trump's administration's activities. Don't show the same hypocrisy from the other side.

No, it's not. It's only espionage if he is sharing sensitive information. It can't be treason by definition, because Russia's not technically an enemy.

Trump is an embarrassment, there is no doubt about that. I'm sure many of his advisers have done or are doing things that will be damaging to America in the long run. But after many months of listening to Republicans falsely accuse Clinton and Obama of treason, I don't need to now hear it from the left. Many conservatives have shown their hypocrisy by being silent on Trump's administration's activities. Don't show the same hypocrisy from the other side.

The law must be amended, and ideally backdated to the pre-campaign season. Working to harm the US should not be ok, simply because another state is not technically an "enemy."

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT