ADVERTISEMENT

Jaquez Smith to Indiana

JS is a dynamic player that IU needed to bring in. Right now the receivers, RB, and QB have 4 star players to drive the offense. IU's roster is improving every year under this staff and I look for it to get better in the future.

Watch out,,,,because after the SEC plays this season without issue, the Big Ten will come out of it smelling like a turd in the July sun and that’s when they come after Big Ten verbals with a vengeance.

Watch out,,,,because after the SEC plays this season without issue, the Big Ten will come out of it smelling like a turd in the July sun and that’s when they come after Big Ten verbals with a vengeance.

We covered that awhile back, hopefully this is the link to that thread:

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...f-2020-football-affect-big-recruiting.200360/

In summary: I think we'll be fine for a variety of reasons that I'm too lazy to repost...

And what do you think the chances are that the SEC plays an entire season without an issue?

Reactions: red hornet
And what do you think the chances are that the SEC plays an entire season without an issue?

depends on how anal they want to be.

if positive tests can blow up the season, then that was a poison pill put in from the start, and they never had any intention of playing but wanted to be able to blame the kids, and keep all decision making blame off themselves.

"oh we tried, we just couldn't get the kids to cooperate, so it's all their fault"

"we really wanted to play".

Reactions: vesuvius13
Only silver lining would be if the Big Ten schools can play early enrollees in Jan and Feb and then again in Sept counting as only 1 year. A lot of kids would like the game reps.

Will there be independent analysts to establish whether there's an outbreak at any of the SEC schools? There's playing an entire season without an issue . . . and there's playing an entire season without acknowledgement that there's an issue.

Which of those do you think is more likely? Aside from Vanderbilt . . . .

Will there be independent analysts to establish whether there's an outbreak at any of the SEC schools? There's playing an entire season without an issue . . . and there's playing an entire season without acknowledgement that there's an issue.

Which of those do you think is more likely? Aside from Vanderbilt . . . .

Point taken but I would think that it would be hard to sweep a large outbreak on one team, under the rug.

I think they'll get through the season just fine with about a gazillion people watching their games because there isn't anything else on TV. Sure, they'll have some positive tests but nothing that will derail the season. They'll have better control over the players than colleges do of their general student population. I'd be interested to hear what their plan is when people test positive but these programs are going to work very hard to keep these kids in a bubble and they pretty much exist in a bubble during the season anyway.

the chances depend on the conditions set.

some will always test positive till the pandemic runs it's course, so if playing depends or virtually zero test positives, then that's a poison pill that will kill the season per the conditions set, and give the administrators the ability to blame the players.

that said, on a side note, i'm offering ten thousand dollars EACH to everyone on this board if no players at any SEC school test positive for the next month.

if you guys don't get your free money, it will be the fault of the players, and only the players, and not through any lack of generosity on my part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT