ADVERTISEMENT

Japanese Bizarreness

Oh you said bizarre, I was expecting this:

images

600full-ai-shinozaki.jpg

Asian-women-3.jpg

Disclaimer: Japanese heritage has not been validated.

wow, im fascinated by Japan. What are your early thoughts? Do the women like American men as much as ive heard
This is my 4th trip here, the third with kids. Wife is originally from here.

It's a fascinating country/culture. There are so many details that have caught my attention, a few examples of which are:
  • Hands down the best service I've ever seen in restaurants and businesses. And there's no tipping to "motivate" servers.
  • I've yet to eat at a bad restaurant. They pride themselves on good food, even at chain restaurants. I've heard even the French think the Japanese are more into food.
  • There is virtually no trash anywhere. But yet it is also very difficult to find a trash can when you are out and about. You simply take your trash home with you.
  • No asshole drivers.
  • I asked my brother-in-law if he was avoiding bad neighborhoods when he was driving us around because everywhere we went looked so safe and clean. He didn't really understand the question. My wife explained there really are no bad neighborhoods like in the US.
  • I saw this woman walking her dog, when it started to take a crap, and so she bent down with plastic gloves on her hands and caught the poop before it hit the ground.
  • Trains everywhere.
  • One word: onsen (Japanese hot spring resorts). Just stayed at one last night. Pricey but worth every dollar (or yen).
I could go on and on.

I wish every American could visit other countries and observe that there are other ways of doing things, many of which Americans would love if they were exposed to it.

Anyway, to your topic: I'm not sure I'd agree with what you've heard. It may have been true in the past, but I'm not so sure anymore. By the way, I think Asian women in the US look better in general than the ones that live over here. Then again, I'm past the age of going to trendy bars so my population sample might not be completely representative.

I did notice the women in the Osaka/Kyoto region look better than women in Tokyo.

I also notice that women here do not make eye contact. But I'm also 50 now, so maybe if I was 20 years younger it would be different.

This is my 4th trip here, the third with kids. Wife is originally from here.

It's a fascinating country/culture. There are so many details that have caught my attention, a few examples of which are:
  • Hands down the best service I've ever seen in restaurants and businesses. And there's no tipping to "motivate" servers.
  • I've yet to eat at a bad restaurant. They pride themselves on good food, even at chain restaurants. I've heard even the French think the Japanese are more into food.
  • There is virtually no trash anywhere. But yet it is also very difficult to find a trash can when you are out and about. You simply take your trash home with you.
  • No asshole drivers.
  • I asked my brother-in-law if he was avoiding bad neighborhoods when he was driving us around because everywhere we went looked so safe and clean. He didn't really understand the question. My wife explained there really are no bad neighborhoods like in the US.
  • I saw this woman walking her dog, when it started to take a crap, and so she bent down with plastic gloves on her hands and caught the poop before it hit the ground.
  • Trains everywhere.
  • One word: onsen (Japanese hot spring resorts). Just stayed at one last night. Pricey but worth every dollar (or yen).
I could go on and on.

I wish every American could visit other countries and observe that there are other ways of doing things, many of which Americans would love if they were exposed to it.

Anyway, to your topic: I'm not sure I'd agree with what you've heard. It may have been true in the past, but I'm not so sure anymore. By the way, I think Asian women in the US look better in general than the ones that live over here. Then again, I'm past the age of going to trendy bars so my population sample might not be completely representative.

I did notice the women in the Osaka/Kyoto region look better than women in Tokyo.

I also notice that women here do not make eye contact. But I'm also 50 now, so maybe if I was 20 years younger it would be different.
I just want you to know I pretty much hate you. I love Japanese women and I love ramen noodles. Try to stay away from the Seizure Action Robot show though.

Reactions: MJE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT