ADVERTISEMENT

James Blackmon Jr.'s Brother Drops Forty-Three Points - 7th Grade

Vijay is a senior this year averaging around sixteen points per game. I heard Cornell is interested, he'll get a Division One scholarship but probably at a smaller school.

43 points and winning at the buzzer? Doesn't sound as though he is on a team.

Really? He's what, 12 years old and still all of about 5' 2"? "They" might be getting a bit ahead of themselves, but should be fun to see how he progresses.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Really? He's what, 12 years old and still all of about 5' 2"? "They" might be getting a bit ahead of themselves, but should be fun to see how he progresses.
You can watch his highlight film already, I know that's ridiculous, pretty impressive ball handler and can shoot it.

Reactions: ufo33
I get a little tired of those on here who bash James Blackman Jr. and say he plays no defense? I for one recognized a marked improvement in his defense, and when compared to some of the other players on this team he was one of the better starters! As far as a player at the time he was injured he was with in 1/2 point of averaging the most points on the team at 15.5! Combine that with his rebounding ability and I think overall he has to be considered one of if not the most valuable players on the team! So why everyone delights in saying "We are better off with out James on the team? The reason we are playing better is because Coach Crean finally woke up and realized you cannot guard forwards who are 6'7" to 7' with 6' to 6'4" guards? He started inserting Hartman, Morgan and OG into the mix and their improved interior defense has made up for most of the difference! I would interject that Yogi is playing more team oriented here lately as well and sharing the ball, along with good spacing and ball movement! Now if we could get Coach to sit Williams when he gets sloppy as well as Johnson and Zeisloff when they are not contributing we will continue to improve! Sloppy careless play and turnovers have to come with a price, and pine time can deliver that message! But please, lay off of Blackman, his bashing is totally out of line! He is a scorer and a winner.

I get a little tired of those on here who bash James Blackman Jr. and say he plays no defense? I for one recognized a marked improvement in his defense, and when compared to some of the other players on this team he was one of the better starters! As far as a player at the time he was injured he was with in 1/2 point of averaging the most points on the team at 15.5! Combine that with his rebounding ability and I think overall he has to be considered one of if not the most valuable players on the team! So why everyone delights in saying "We are better off with out James on the team? The reason we are playing better is because Coach Crean finally woke up and realized you cannot guard forwards who are 6'7" to 7' with 6' to 6'4" guards? He started inserting Hartman, Morgan and OG into the mix and their improved interior defense has made up for most of the difference! I would interject that Yogi is playing more team oriented here lately as well and sharing the ball, along with good spacing and ball movement! Now if we could get Coach to sit Williams when he gets sloppy as well as Johnson and Zeisloff when they are not contributing we will continue to improve! Sloppy careless play and turnovers have to come with a price, and pine time can deliver that message! But please, lay off of Blackman, his bashing is totally out of line! He is a scorer and a winner.

JBJ is one of the worst defenders in the conference. Him being out has helped your defense a ton.

Can't blame lack of defense on James in the Penn State game, so I think it shows we have several guys other than him playing poor defense. I stand on my assesment that he was a better defender than many of our other players, and I for one think if he was playing we win that Wisconsin game, and the Penn State game as well? Remember he was averaging nearly 16 a game when he went down, plus was a good rebounder! Go back to the boilerroom benchwarmer!

LOL. I knew that, I live in the same town and of watch the kids play many times. Don't know what happened my brain there
Yeah, I hate to be the guy to correct you but you called me out the other week for spelling a word incorrectly so I figured I better return the favor:). Also you misspelled MW name in a previous post

can we let this thread die? Marovich syndrome? Hope his dad teaches this one to play defense...

Who in the hell is Marovich? Why be so negative towards JBJr? He has defensive issues but he is a hell of an offensive threat that spreads the floor. People point out the defensive improvements since he's been gone but not once, has anyone posted about our offense slowing down.

Tony Hinkle used to say, "I'll tell you who's going to win this game before it even starts. It'll be the team that scores the most points". We're not going to be a defensive team...we're not built that way. We've taken away a HUGE asset offensively and it has hurt us.

Oh, and by the way, did you mean Marinovich? I don't think JBJr is that herbal or artistic.

ok... so I mis-spelled it... Maravich... as in Pistol Pete Maravich... as in the same guy who played basketball for HIS Dad at LSU... and was given the green light for about anything on the court... and he could never shoot enough... kind of like JBJr... unfortunately, that left JBJr with a one dimensional game... btw... JBJr doesn't even come close to the magic that was Pistol Pete Maravich when it comes to shooting... he's not even on the same planet with Pete when it comes to passing... oh yeah, who the hell is Marinovich?

ok... so I mis-spelled it... Maravich... as in Pistol Pete Maravich... as in the same guy who played basketball for HIS Dad at LSU... and was given the green light for about anything on the court... and he could never shoot enough... kind of like JBJr... unfortunately, that left JBJr with a one dimensional game... btw... JBJr doesn't even come close to the magic that was Pistol Pete Maravich when it comes to shooting... he's not even on the same planet with Pete when it comes to passing... oh yeah, who the hell is Marinovich?

Todd Marinovich was a USC QB who played HS football for his dad. He was drafted by the Raiders and washed out. His career trajectory was Jeff George-esque in that he had mega potential and it never came to fruition. I didn't get the Maravich reference due to spelling and the fact that he was an All-American and ultimately an NBA player...neither of which I see in JBJr's future.

Todd Marinovich was a USC QB who played HS football for his dad. He was drafted by the Raiders and washed out. His career trajectory was Jeff George-esque in that he had mega potential and it never came to fruition. I didn't get the Maravich reference due to spelling and the fact that he was an All-American and ultimately an NBA player...neither of which I see in JBJr's future.
Marinovich didn't play high school football for his dad. His dad groomed and trained him from an early age, but he wasn't his high school coach. Press Maravich, on the other hand, coached his son, Pete, at LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT