ADVERTISEMENT

Ja Morant or Romeo

He’d be a hell of a lot more fun to watch today if this lady announcer didnt make a flashy triple-double seem so damn boring!

Reactions: Tegray1
Morant was a complete hidden gem and developed over time. Of course morant is the better player and will be drafted top 3. That said, he was a 2 star player out of high school that didn’t even play aau ball. Everyone missed on him

Well Romeo had a better Frosh year than Morant. Hopefully he comes back and improves his game like Morant did. If he go he go.

I'd probably rather have him back than Brooks. Of course both would be better but it looks like neither will be here.

Reactions: Hoosiermamalou
Morant was a complete hidden gem and developed over time. Of course morant is the better player and will be drafted top 3. That said, he was a 2 star player out of high school that didn’t even play aau ball. Everyone missed on him
AAu ball is a way for otherwise loser coaches to make some money while at the same time prostituting their players to the highest shoe company, it’s a disgrace kids should take their summers off and spend time on family vacations. 365 basketball is dumb

Morant is just outstanding. I was curious because of all the hype, but he more than lived up to it. He has a better supporting cast than I was expecting, although it could be he makes them better.

I’m also an idiot, I had Marquette in the sweet sixteen.

Reactions: hoosier8760
AAu ball is a way for otherwise loser coaches to make some money while at the same time prostituting their players to the highest shoe company, it’s a disgrace kids should take their summers off and spend time on family vacations. 365 basketball is dumb
Parents today think if you activity a kid enough so that he’s too tired to do drugs he won’t do drugs. Free time is viewed as unproductive time in this competitive world of ours. Unstructurered time of less focus is seen as a weakness of the less manly than those with corporate chatter, “Just Do It!”.

Reactions: elijawon
Parents today think if you activity a kid enough so that he’s too tired to do drugs he won’t do drugs. Free time is viewed as unproductive time in this competitive world of ours. Unstructurered time of less focus is seen as a weakness of the less manly than those with corporate chatter, “Just Do It!”.

A lot of it also has to do with parents thinking their kids can get a scholly. I know some friends who've probably spent close to $100K and countless weekends and road miles for the last 10-12 years on AAU teams and tourneys, coaches, clinics, etc... on their 2 boys who were good not great players. Oldest didn't play in college and youngest is a senior and has a couple small school partial offers but will likely end up not playing at a big state school. So much for that "investment". Had they put what they spent on AAU in a 529 plan, they'd have paid for both kids college and had a helluva lot more family/free time. And these are not wealthy folks, solid middle class.

It'll be interesting to see how he does against FSU.
Will he press?.
They're long and just as athletic..
The two games I. watched earlier this year. ..One against Austin Peay..He looked. meh..
Marquette couldn't gaurd Indiana either..We over estimated that win..
Not saying he didn't ball out today though.
Very impressive ~

A lot of it also has to do with parents thinking their kids can get a scholly. I know some friends who've probably spent close to $100K and countless weekends and road miles for the last 10-12 years on AAU teams and tourneys, coaches, clinics, etc... on their 2 boys who were good not great players. Oldest didn't play in college and youngest is a senior and has a couple small school partial offers but will likely end up not playing at a big state school. So much for that "investment". Had they put what they spent on AAU in a 529 plan, they'd have paid for both kids college and had a helluva lot more family/free time. And these are not wealthy folks, solid middle class.
This reminded me of a young couple I knew who spent $5000 on a photographer's portfolio production because they thought their real young kid would have a better chance to be a child model in one of these "glamor" enticements. The same company offering to make their kid a star was the same company offering the photography shoot. Of course, any parent thinks their own kid is the cat's meow and their plan was to use that money made from her modeling contract to pay for her college education some day. These were not rich folks...gullible maybe, but not rich and even more so after being taken for a ride with no return.

that's right! just activity kids enough so that they won't use nouns as verbs

i don't know what a 529 is but i want one

He actually did play AAU ball. He was on the same team as Zion Williams for one year, his sophomore year. It was a regional grassroots team. After ZW's freshman year, he moved on to an adidas team. Morant stay with SC. Hornets.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
You take morant all day long, he’s on a different level than Romeo. No disrespect but they were actually talking about morant being drafted before any puke player he’s that good

Reactions: The Vid
Morant over Romeo any day. He was able to score 19 points on 10 field goal attempts. That is scoring efficiency. Romeo would need at least 15 shots to do that, unless he made at least 10 free throws. He can take the ball to the hoop, and shoot the 3, something Romeo can't do effectively. It also appears that he can play good, hard defense.

The only thing I could ding him on is turnovers (7 yesterday). You can live with that when he also has 16 assists and makes the other players better.

Just curious, are you a parent today or are you one of those older people who makes sweeping generalizations about things you know nothing about?

As a parent today, you are off base.

Right now Ja, in 4 years?
Ja is a great scoring PG, a different position than Romeo who should be a 2 guard in the NBA. Romeo's shot in HS was better than in college. When Romeo makes perimeter 3s, he is unguardable. Romeo has an elite skill, he drives to the rim with great length for his 6'6" height, he has uncanny touch and body control while in the air, those things you can't teach. I think Ja blossomed in colllege, it happens to the great ones when everything clicks. I believe if Romeo stayed 1 more year, a similar thing could happen to him. They are different players. Ja has the ability to be a great NBA PG. His arhleticism allows him to overvome his lack of height going to the rim. Romeo will just need to find his perimeter shot again, and he can be the same dominant player that he was in HS. Ja and Romeo both have the talent to be solid NBA players and beyond.

Last edited:
Bingo!

If you view youth sports as a financial investment to get a return on your money in the form of a scholarship you have much bigger personal problems. And parenting problems.

Reactions: hoosier8760
If you view youth sports as a financial investment to get a return on your money in the form of a scholarship you have much bigger personal problems. And parenting problems.

Thanks Mr Obvious... that's what I was alluding to. It's the sports version of pageant parents. But, it's quite prevalent. I don't think it's a majority of parents, but it's definitely part of the motivation for many.

All true, but still worth it if they enjoyed the ride and basketball was the family foundation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT