ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo's Daddy..

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
9819964.jpeg

Little man just got a verbal from what many say is the best high school player since LeBron. Doubt he ever ends up in East Lansing, but Izzo got him to pick him over the big Nike boys.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Little man just got a verbal from what many say is the best high school player since LeBron. Doubt he ever ends up in East Lansing, but Izzo got him to pick him over the big Nike boys.
Possibly straight to G-League.

Possibly straight to G-League.

I know very little about this kid, but if he’s that good...I’d be surprised if he doesn’t choose the G League route. And get paid A LOT of shoe money to do so.

EB will never play in EL. The only reason MSU got him was because Izzo was the only idiot that wasted time recruiting him. BTW great pic, hilarious.

Reactions: ufo33
Very similar to when Josh Smith committed to IU. Committed but knowing full well odds of attending are very slim

Reactions: ufo33
Interesting issue with Bates. He says he isn't going the G-League route. He could change his mind, of course. Allegedly the NBA has put off changing the OAD rule. I'm not saying he will actually play at MSU, but he seems more likely to play than you'd originally assume.

I went and watched Emoni this past February. He's an amazing player for a high school sophomore.

Izzo probably offered him immunity from any crimes while at MSU.Not that the kid is bad or anything. Just Izzo covering his bases.

I know very little about this kid, but if he’s that good...I’d be surprised if he doesn’t choose the G League route. And get paid A LOT of shoe money to do so.

With the new rule that will be in place, he can be paid a lot of shoe money, plus play for MSU. MSU business alumni may want to pay to use his likeness, not to mention MSU Nation buying 250,000 tshirts with his likeness from the Emoni Bates Company. He can make a lot more money with his brand in college, than playing in the GLeague. It is a brave new world....

With the new rule that will be in place, he can be paid a lot of shoe money, plus play for MSU. MSU business alumni may want to pay to use his likeness, not to mention MSU Nation buying 250,000 tshirts with his likeness from the Emoni Bates Company. He can make a lot more money with his brand in college, than playing in the GLeague. It is a brave new world....
Is this true? I had no idea.

Is this true? I had no idea.
CBS News:

"NCAA officials opened the door for student-athletes to financially benefit from any use of their name, image and likeness, marking a major shift in the rules governing collegiate sports.

The decision, announced Tuesday by the organization's top governing board, clears room for leaders of Division I, II and III schools to add rules allowing student-athletes to hire agents, sign endorsements and more. Board members have asked each division to create new rules no later than January 2021.

The rule change will allow college athletes "to benefit from their name, image and likeness in a manner consistent with the collegiate model," according to the NCAA."

The rules have not yet been put in place, but California state legislature will allow agents to negotiate endorsements, likeness on products, etc. I do not see how the NCAA can put limitations on what an athlete can earn. Obviously, the Emoni Bates brand is a helluva lot more lucrative than say, Matt Haarms. We shall see, but it is happening January of 2021. Think what UK and Kansas can come up with!

Who would want those grapes that IU couldn't reach. They were sour anyway. Everyone knows it. The ones you could reach are much better than those. No doubt about it. Am I right? Give me an amen.

Interesting issue with Bates. He says he isn't going the G-League route. He could change his mind, of course. Allegedly the NBA has put off changing the OAD rule. I'm not saying he will actually play at MSU, but he seems more likely to play than you'd originally assume.

You're the only one in this thread that knows anything.
Its change to the rule or MSU after reclassifying to 2021 .
The NBA is not changing the rule for several seasons.
Moreover the NIL change will allow Bates to make a ton of cash while in school.

See you guys in 2021, should be fun.

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
They already get paid Shoe money and attend certain colleges. Now it is just above water and visible. Ricky Roe wants a new tractor for his dad. Ok. John Deere in the way.

I can just see coaches delivering estimated income revenues for a recruit.

"XXXK alumni purchase approximately $XXXMM in merchandise annually, we estimate that you will capture XX% share which the first year should generate $XXXK for you personally.

We can help you market yourself real time as well via our new Athletic Entrepreneurship degree program".

YOu've got the highest I.Q. here..not saying much..I mean bb I.Q. lol

like he's going to msu lol

Well he can get paid money and rape chicks at MSU. That is the hard sell they are going for these days.

Izzo probably offered him immunity from any crimes while at MSU.Not that the kid is bad or anything. Just Izzo covering his bases.

Hide the women!

Bunch of know-nothing hayseeds betraying their ugly jealous butthurt. There's no 'there' there dipshits. No CSC charges, no sexual assault by Izzo players, period. You fools confuse a couple fb incidents w/ bb. You naively eat up everything a agenda driven (book deal) BSPN writer, Paula Lavigne, insinuates--but never details w/ names let alone occurances--about a "culture of sexual misconduct".

Ditch this false narrative promoted by our rival (scUM) and their bought and paid for media at local DetFreep, Detnews & nat'l BSPN levels. Y'all are worse than Purdoodoo fan whining about Izzo. The guy's as stand-up an individual & great for the sport as any. But you're too angry to begrudge even the slightest respect. Jeez take what the OP posted & be content and satisfied w/ that. H2H you've owned MSU.

Bunch of know-nothing hayseeds betraying their ugly jealous butthurt. There's no 'there' there dipshits. No CSC charges, no sexual assault by Izzo players, period. You fools confuse a couple fb incidents w/ bb. You naively eat up everything a agenda driven (book deal) BSPN writer, Paula Lavigne, insinuates--but never details w/ names let alone occurances--about a "culture of sexual misconduct".

Ditch this false narrative promoted by our rival (scUM) and their bought and paid for media at local DetFreep, Detnews & nat'l BSPN levels. Y'all are worse than Purdoodoo fan whining about Izzo. The guy's as stand-up an individual & great for the sport as any. But you're too angry to begrudge even the slightest respect. Jeez take what the OP posted & be content and satisfied w/ that. H2H you've owned MSU.
5>2

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape!
TeDX0i.gif

You work rather hard excusing your "upstanding" programs.

The struggle is real...

This is correct. Bates has stated the G league isn’t the right move for everyone. For someone like him, going to MSU is the best move since he can’t go to NBA.

They already get paid Shoe money and attend certain colleges. Now it is just above water and visible. Ricky Roe wants a new tractor for his dad. Ok. John Deere in the way.

Don't forget my $30,000. Cash, in one of those gym bags.

This is correct. Bates has stated the G league isn’t the right move for everyone. For someone like him, going to MSU is the best move since he can’t go to NBA.

What makes MSu a better decision for him vs G league?

What makes MSu a better decision for him vs G league?

1-G league doesnt give him any visibility or chance to build his brand. At MSU you can compare his situation to Zion. He will be on ESPN all the time. If Zion went to the G league there would have been fewer eyeballs on him
2-There is an NIL deal for next year and depending the limits he can make more $ than in the G league. That aside, he'll be making millions.
3-He's bonded with the guys on the team, is best friends with Gabe Brown and Malik Hall. Has grown up at MSU, was the last to leave the lockerroom for the BT title win. He will be very young to play with grown men vs his peers.
4-ALready said the G league is not for him

1-G league doesnt give him any visibility or chance to build his brand. At MSU you can compare his situation to Zion. He will be on ESPN all the time. If Zion went to the G league there would have been fewer eyeballs on him
2-There is an NIL deal for next year and depending the limits he can make more $ than in the G league. That aside, he'll be making millions.
3-He's bonded with the guys on the team, is best friends with Gabe Brown and Malik Hall. Has grown up at MSU, was the last to leave the lockerroom for the BT title win. He will be very young to play with grown men vs his peers.
4-ALready said the G league is not for him

Sounds like a solid Student Athlete.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT