ADVERTISEMENT

I've never spent money on PPV boxing. This Mayweather/Macgregor spectacle may have me suckered

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
just enough to spend the money. Granted I won't shell out the money by myself, but I kinda wanna watch the circus this has become. I don't expect Macgregor to put up much of a fight, but I'm already entertained. There's kind of a Jerry Springer show dirtiness to this whole thing that I can't take my eyes off of.

Same here. I hope MacGregor's take on the PPV $ is substantial, because I didn't care about this fight before these last few days of insanity.

just enough to spend the money. Granted I won't shell out the money by myself, but I kinda wanna watch the circus this has become. I don't expect Macgregor to put up much of a fight, but I'm already entertained. There's kind of a Jerry Springer show dirtiness to this whole thing that I can't take my eyes off of.
Don't do it. 99.99% guaranteed it's going to suck. For all their posturing, all that will happen is FM will dance around for 12 rounds untouched and win a boring unanimous decision.

Don't do it. 99.99% guaranteed it's going to suck. For all their posturing, all that will happen is FM will dance around for 12 rounds untouched and win a boring unanimous decision.
Here's a good compromise: instead of paying a ridiculous $99.95 for the fight, just buy the standard definition version at $89.95. What a deal!

Here's a good compromise: instead of paying a ridiculous $99.95 for the fight, just buy the standard definition version at $89.95. What a deal!
Most likely I'll get together wiTh a bunch of friends, drink some good beer and fall asleep before it starts.

My hope is that McGregor knocks him out. Boxing has been a joke for far too long. I grew up watching all the 'good' fights on Showtime and HBO and it has just become a joke with the crazy decisions and mediocre PPVs. Add in the Roy Jones decision in the Olympics and for a guy my age, it just became too corrupt. What this fight really reminds me of is the Battle of the Sexes with Billie Jean King (the best female tennis player of her time) matched up against a chump (Bobby Riggs). Of course she beat his special needs arse (he was 55 for phuck's sake) and they declared a victory for women. McGregor is a very good MMA guy but once again the fight won't represent the reality of competition. McGregor might last a few rounds against a HOF boxer. But Mayweather wouldn't last 2 minutes against anyone in MMA including the female fighters. Mayweather will win this fight (unfortunately) and all the sleazy boxing people will try to convince us of how sweet the 'Sport of Kings' is. Personally I hope McGregor knocks the woman beater out and boxing finally dies the death it deserves for all it's greed.

I always root for Mayweather even though I don't like him but he's from my home town so I got to support it. Plus he's less annoying then Connor.

I think it could be fun to watch just because if Connor is trying to really knock him out in four rounds. There will be lots of opportunities for Mayweather to land some nice counter punches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT