ADVERTISEMENT

Ivanka for Veep . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . that's what The Donald wanted to happen in 2016. Ivanka killed the idea . . .

Ultimately Pence got selected after he unleashed a "vicious and extended" diatribe against the Clintons, according to a new book by Rick Gates. From the Wapo article linked above:

As Donald Trump’s top campaign aides began a discussion in June 2016 about who the presumptive Republican presidential nominee should select as his running mate, the candidate piped up with an idea.

“I think it should be Ivanka. What about Ivanka as my VP?” Trump asked the assembled group, according to a new book by his former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates set to be published Oct. 13.

Trump added: “She’s bright, she’s smart, she’s beautiful, and the people would love her!”
In Gates’s telling, Trump’s suggestion of naming to the ticket his then-34-year-old daughter — a fashion and real estate executive who had never held elected office — was no passing fancy.

Instead, he brought up the idea repeatedly over the following weeks, trying to sell his campaign staff on the idea, insisting she would be embraced by the Republican base, Gates writes.

Trump was so taken with the concept of his eldest daughter as his vice president — and so cool to other options, including his eventual selection, then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence — that his team polled the idea twice, according to Gates.

It was Ivanka Trump who finally ended the conversation, Gates writes, going to her father to tell him it wasn’t a good idea. Trump eventually came around and selected Pence, after the governor won him over by delivering a “vicious and extended monologue” about Bill and Hillary Clinton at a get-to-know-you breakfast later that summer, according to Gates’s account.

. . . that's what The Donald wanted to happen in 2016. Ivanka killed the idea . . .

Ultimately Pence got selected after he unleashed a "vicious and extended" diatribe against the Clintons, according to a new book by Rick Gates. From the Wapo article linked above:

As Donald Trump’s top campaign aides began a discussion in June 2016 about who the presumptive Republican presidential nominee should select as his running mate, the candidate piped up with an idea.

“I think it should be Ivanka. What about Ivanka as my VP?” Trump asked the assembled group, according to a new book by his former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates set to be published Oct. 13.

Trump added: “She’s bright, she’s smart, she’s beautiful, and the people would love her!”
In Gates’s telling, Trump’s suggestion of naming to the ticket his then-34-year-old daughter — a fashion and real estate executive who had never held elected office — was no passing fancy.

Instead, he brought up the idea repeatedly over the following weeks, trying to sell his campaign staff on the idea, insisting she would be embraced by the Republican base, Gates writes.

Trump was so taken with the concept of his eldest daughter as his vice president — and so cool to other options, including his eventual selection, then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence — that his team polled the idea twice, according to Gates.

It was Ivanka Trump who finally ended the conversation, Gates writes, going to her father to tell him it wasn’t a good idea. Trump eventually came around and selected Pence, after the governor won him over by delivering a “vicious and extended monologue” about Bill and Hillary Clinton at a get-to-know-you breakfast later that summer, according to Gates’s account.
If Trump remains in power after January, he'll push hard for Ivanka to succeed him. I'm sure he believes that, with her impressive qualifications (translation: she's attractive, and she's got his genes), she should be the first female U.S. president. And, as a bonus, it would be the ultimate middle finger to Hillary Clinton.

Ivanka or Pence, now there's a "who's the least worst choice", on the magnitude of Donald or Joe.

that said, think i'd rather go with Ivanka due to knowing less about her.

how the heck did we get here???

Last edited:
If Trump remains in power after January, he'll push hard for Ivanka to succeed him. I'm sure he believes that, with her impressive qualifications (translation: she's attractive, and she's got his genes), she should be the first female U.S. president. And, as a bonus, it would be the ultimate middle finger to Hillary Clinton.
IF he's reelected, the same mechanisms keeping him in office now would very likely be in place then to help her get elected. If his horrendous response to a global pandemic, his corrupt administration and at best loose questionable ties to foreign entities, numerous 'career-ending' comments and gaffes and generally just being horrible at the job doesn't dissuade the GOP and a percentage of the electorate to back away from him, I see no reason why they wouldn't transfer that blind, cultish loyalty to his daughter.

She's no Sarah, that's for sure. You betchya.
Well, she knew that nobody - not even daddy's little girl - can one-up the main event . . . Sarah had no such scruples.

If I had to pick between Sarah and Ivanka . . . don't make me do that, please . . . I might pick Ivanka . . . .

Unfortunately with Ivanka you get Jared so I'm going with Mike and mother instead at least they are probably decent people.

ADVERTISEMENT