ADVERTISEMENT

IUWBB's Allen to transfer

“Jorie and I have spoken and we agree that it’s in her best interest to leave Indiana,” IU head coach Teri Moren said in the release.​

Hmm, Coach Moren agrees that it's in her best interest to leave? Seems to me that Jorrie got a fair amount of playing time for a freshman (11 mpg) and had decent production for that kind of PT. So one would think she was poised to get a lot more minutes next year and beyond.

But Teri thinks it best she leave?

Either that's a statement made of sour grapes or there's something else going on here that we don't know about.

Ah, so the other linked story sheds a bit more light.

Less than two weeks ago, Moren expressed optimism for what Allen could do while acknowledging that there was some disappointment in the amount of playing time.

“I think Jorie was a terrific teammate, and she did have some frustration in wanting to play more minutes, but I love that,” Moren told The Herald-Times. “I want our kids to want to play, to have an impact. It was difficult for her to play and log the type of minutes she wanted. To get the minutes she did as a freshman, there are McDonald’s All-Americans who don’t get the minutes she got as a freshman.
So Jorie felt like she should've gotten more than 11 MPG as a true freshman -- being the reigning Miss Basketball and all. Gee whiz, I get it -- who doesn't want more minutes? But now she's going to sit an entire season on the bench...when, in all likelihood, the increased minutes she wanted would've eventually come at IU?

“Jorie and I have spoken and we agree that it’s in her best interest to leave Indiana,” IU head coach Teri Moren said in the release.​

Hmm, Coach Moren agrees that it's in her best interest to leave? Seems to me that Jorrie got a fair amount of playing time for a freshman (11 mpg) and had decent production for that kind of PT. So one would think she was poised to get a lot more minutes next year and beyond.

But Teri thinks it best she leave?

Either that's a statement made of sour grapes or there's something else going on here that we don't know about.
It could be along the lines of the player wanting 25 mpg (or 20 mpg or whatever amount she thinks she should get) next season and the coach saying that is unlikely. If the player is unwilling to stay for less playing time than she wants, the coach may very well agree that it is in her best interest to transfer.

I don't see it as sour grapes.

Ah, so the other linked story sheds a bit more light.

Less than two weeks ago, Moren expressed optimism for what Allen could do while acknowledging that there was some disappointment in the amount of playing time.

“I think Jorie was a terrific teammate, and she did have some frustration in wanting to play more minutes, but I love that,” Moren told The Herald-Times. “I want our kids to want to play, to have an impact. It was difficult for her to play and log the type of minutes she wanted. To get the minutes she did as a freshman, there are McDonald’s All-Americans who don’t get the minutes she got as a freshman.
So Jorie felt like she should've gotten more than 11 MPG as a true freshman -- being the reigning Miss Basketball and all. Gee whiz, I get it -- who doesn't want more minutes? But now she's going to sit an entire season on the bench...when, in all likelihood, the increased minutes she wanted would've eventually come at IU?

I do not think her play merited more time than she got.

I thought she was fairly limited skills-wise at the college level.

Reactions: Hoosierific
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT