ADVERTISEMENT

IUWBB head to Maryland on road swing (BTN)

After a slow start because of failure to handle MD's pressure (down 8-0), the Hoosiers battle back into the game by 1st Qtr end. CTM has gone 10 deep (6 playing 10+ minutes). TOs continued to haunt IU early in the 2nd Qtr. and MD built an 13 pt lead (18-3 run). Patberg has the long assist. With only 6 pt in the Qtr, IU finds itself down 34-21. GBR!

Penn - 7 pt
Berger - 6 pt
Gulbe - 6 rb

Go Hoosiers!

Women keeping the turnover machine going tonight. They are removing any possibility of winning a road game. Patberg needs to distribute and not shoot.

Teri Moren is the Mark Turgeon of Women’s Basketball. One minute things are going great, and the next.....

IU's woes continue in the 3rd Qtr and the O never seems to get going; the 4th Qtr showed no improvement and produced a 76-62 loss. UMD dominated inside play tonight. Tough game for IU!

Berger - 21 pt
Patberg - 15 pt, 5 ast & 4 stl
Holmes - 8 pt & 6 rb
Gulbe - 8 rb

Go Hoosiers!

Women keeping the turnover machine going tonight. They are removing any possibility of winning a road game. Patberg needs to distribute and not shoot.

This team is skilled and interesting to watch, but there are issues that show their ugly heads when they face talented opposition. The most important, I think, is that none of Patberg, Penn, and Berger are particularly quick. Penn & Berger are very skilled shooter/play makers, and Ali has a great approach to the game and is selfless, but all have problems with very quick defenders.

The two bigs are also skilled offensive players, but neither are great athletes.....so they sometimes struggle on D.

It doesn't look like they'll win the BT now, but I think they will right the ship....the last 3 games has been a very tough scheduling block.

Hard to believe that Maryland has lost any games after watching them dismantle the Lady Hoosiers last night. The ladies looked fatigued last night. Maryland's gals look very talented.

This team is skilled and interesting to watch, but there are issues that show their ugly heads when they face talented opposition. The most important, I think, is that none of Patberg, Penn, and Berger are particularly quick. Penn & Berger are very skilled shooter/play makers, and Ali has a great approach to the game and is selfless, but all have problems with very quick defenders.

The two bigs are also skilled offensive players, but neither are great athletes.....so they sometimes struggle on D.

It doesn't look like they'll win the BT now, but I think they will right the ship....the last 3 games has been a very tough scheduling block.
Would like for Teri to explain why she subbed Patberg out right after the start of the second quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT