ADVERTISEMENT

IU's Revised Revised Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Ok, so now that we know we are only playing 8 games and our revised COVID schedule was 10 games, that means we are going to knock off 2 of our opponents. Common sense would say we would keep our divisional games and lose 2 of the 4 games against the West teams. So, who are we going to lose?

@Wisconsin
@Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

My guess is we will lose @minny and home vs Illinois. I would love for @Wisky and home vs Illinois if they take a home and away but I know better.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ok, so now that we know we are only playing 8 games and our revised COVID schedule was 10 games, that means we are going to knock off 2 of our opponents. Common sense would say we would keep our divisional games and lose 2 of the 4 games against the West teams. So, who are we going to lose?

@Wisconsin
@Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

My guess is we will lose @minny and home vs Illinois. I would love for @Wisky and home vs Illinois if they take a home and away but I know better.
Yeah, should be interesting. Adam Rittenberg (ESPN) says the revised schedule won't be released today, though.

I, too, would love to see Wisconsin drop off the new schedule but perhaps even more important than the opponents is the order in which we play them. That first revised schedule was a killer with Wisconsin, OSU and Penn State in the first four weeks of the season. Hopefully the new schedule will be kinder.

I like the 9th game, playing the mirror team from other division. Will be interesting if it happens to be a team we have already played though.

I like the 9th game, playing the mirror team from other division. Will be interesting if it happens to be a team we have already played though.
I was thinking we always play Purdue the last Scheduled Game of the Season. Suppose we do that and then get matched up with them in the Plus 1. Same opponent two weeks in a row.

ESPN is reporting an 8 game schedule to be played over 8 weeks. I would expect us to drop @Minnesota (since not originally scheduled) and at home vs. Illinois as well.

It also is being reported that there will not be fans in the stands.

Alvarez said crossover game would not be against an opponent a team has already played, that some switching would be involved.

ESPN is reporting an 8 game schedule to be played over 8 weeks. I would expect us to drop @Minnesota (since not originally scheduled) and at home vs. Illinois as well.

It also is being reported that there will not be fans in the stands.
I do believe parents are going to be allowed to attend, and the no fans ,otherwise, “could” change.

UCF just announced that, due to playing a shortened schedule of eight games this season, no B1G teams will be considered eligible for their pretend national championship this year. Nebraska Coach Scott Frost was reported as saying, "We'll see about that. I know the guy that makes the banners."

It’ll be....

OSU
Mich
PSU
OSU
Mich
PSU
Wisconsin
Iowa
I know you posted this sarcastically with tongue in cheek, but think about this. With a Shortened Schedule and a different year End arrangement, there could be a motive to make the Big Ten Power Schools look better than they are for the Championship and Bowl Revenue, and the fact that you are already playing fewer games than the other Conferences. Suppose they could stack the deck to create the possibility of 3 teams with 8-0 Records prior to the plus 1. You could do this by ignoring the normal Division Scheduling and come up with an Unbalanced Schedule to favor 2 or 3 teams.

The Big Ten probably still wants the Michigan - Ohio State Rivalry game for national recognition and somebody will lose. But with limited or no crowds in attendance and attendance and ticket Revenue not a consideration, a Rivalry Game may not be as significant this year.

I know you posted this sarcastically with tongue in cheek, but think about this. With a Shortened Schedule and a different year End arrangement, there could be a motive to make the Big Ten Power Schools look better than they are for the Championship and Bowl Revenue, and the fact that you are already playing fewer games than the other Conferences. Suppose they could stack the deck to create the possibility of 3 teams with 8-0 Records prior to the plus 1. You could do this by ignoring the normal Division Scheduling and come up with an Unbalanced Schedule to favor 2 or 3 teams.

The Big Ten probably still wants the Michigan - Ohio State Rivalry game for national recognition and somebody will lose. But with limited or no crowds in attendance and attendance and ticket Revenue not a consideration, a Rivalry Game may not be as significant this year.
Total dishonesty from the University Presidents. May happen.

Reactions: iueyedoc99

Lol. Maybe we should wait until the schedules are released before we start the "the system's rigged, folks" messaging.

Get ready for a brutal schedule for the Hoosiers. We'll get all the big boys.
Totally fired up and hope we kick ass.
Go Hoosiers!
PS Hurricane Sally sucked. Cat 2 all night long. Exhausting.
Hope you are all safe mobilehoosier! My family was scheduled to vacation at Gulf Shores this Fall Break but it looks like that might be a pipe dream now. Prayers to all in the area!!!!

I think the B1G wanted to join the Pac12 and look like a leader in getting football canceled for the year. When the other P5 conferences didn't follow the lead it put the B1G and Pac12 on an island and the the pressure overwhelmed the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT