ADVERTISEMENT

IU's RB Ronnie Walker Enters Transfer Portal:

Virtually none of these people are ever going to be professional football players. And even those that do, there’s a high percentage of them that end up bankrupt. Wherever they end up I hope they are able to take advantage of the education opportunities they are provided. Best of luck to them.

I think I read somewhere that only 2% of all high school athletes go onto the next level and then only 2% of those at the next level go on to the professional level.

Emergence of Sampson James? He had 275 rushing yards the whole year. He was pretty bad other than the Purdue game, where he rushed for almost half of his season total. Is being good against a bad Purdue emerging?

I will agree that his stats weren't knocking our boots off but he did seem to get better as the year went on. With that said, Scott had a hard time getting much last year too so I think our rush blocking was a tad limited.

Allen probably didn't foresee Ronnie being an every down back and that is why he wanted to get out. James has the build of an every down back which is why he moved ahead and started once Scott went down. I can understand why Ronnie left. These things are going to hurt us but also benefit us when we are in need of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT