ADVERTISEMENT

IU's 2024 Future Total - +5.5 Wins

IUFANBB

Benchwarmer
Oct 31, 2012
I know that IU is a big unknown this year, but Vegas seems to think that we can win 3 games outside the non-conference.

While Lindy's & Alton's have us at the bottom - 4-5 win level.

What are the top 3 candidates for a win in conference?

Maryland could take a step backwards losing their QB. Plus, we owe them.

Is Washington going to be vulnerable after losing players & coaches

Purdue is at home, so there is always chance

Nebraska is probably the best of the 4 & would be a tough home win.

@ Michigan State

I'm with you that on field performance will tell the tale. I can see the New Indiana being 9-0 going into the Michigan game.
Easy there, big guy 😂. Love the optimism. Hope ur right!

I’d be ecstatic with a better on-field product with coaches who know how to put players in a position to win. CC & his staff still have to prove they can do that at this level and at Indiana. I like the early results, and the momentum is refreshing. Add a winning record this fall and I’ll be a happy camper - and a believer.

I know that IU is a big unknown this year, but Vegas seems to think that we can win 3 games outside the non-conference.

While Lindy's & Alton's have us at the bottom - 4-5 win level.

What are the top 3 candidates for a win in conference?

Maryland could take a step backwards losing their QB. Plus, we owe them.

Is Washington going to be vulnerable after losing players & coaches

Purdue is at home, so there is always chance

Nebraska is probably the best of the 4 & would be a tough home win.

@ Michigan State
Washington could have a rough season. They lost a lot of talent and their head coach. They also have to travel to Penn State & Rutgers (along with trips to Bloomington and Iowa City) over a 6 week period…traveling to the East for games is no picnic, even for NFL teams.

Six wins would be great. If it’s less, that’s okay if it’s clear a system is being implemented and talent just couldn’t quite execute, and “help is on the way” next year.

I'm with you that on field performance will tell the tale. I can see the New Indiana being 9-0 going into the Michigan game.
I like your enthusiasm, but that really seems unlikely.
In reading between the lines, and some just plain statements, it looks like the staff jettisoned some players that either weren’t good enough or did not want to practice hard or play hard.
The culture shift may well help, especially in close games. But to win we need depth and that is hard to do in year 1.

We need to raise the floor again. CKW might have had a ceiling of 7-8 wins due to quarterback roster management and defensive issues, but he raised the floor to six wins, beating Purdue, and playing the big boys close in Bloomington.
I agree IU needs to raise the floor so we can dream about doing more in future seasons.

The schedule is certainly more in our favor than prior years. Way too many unknowns to have any real expectations but I'd never feel satisfied missing the postseason. I am guessing 6 wins but would understand 5. I'd be disappointed to only have 4 and highly question things at 3.

I know some people downplay bowl game results but I do think it’s really important that this program gets to a bowl and wins it.
The problem with bowls is that too many players sit out if it's not a playoff bowl.

Keeping healthy for the draft or for their portal prospects is more important than a bowl win.

The problem with bowls is that too many players sit out if it's not a playoff bowl.

Keeping healthy for the draft or for their portal prospects is more important than a bowl win.
That is a definite problem, but I seriously doubt you'd see more than 1 or 2 guys sit out a bowl game for IU. We don't have a bunch of NFL talent. I believe that this team would cherish going to the Motor City Bowl.

I'd be in attendance.

That is a definite problem, but I seriously doubt you'd see more than 1 or 2 guys sit out a bowl game for IU. We don't have a bunch of NFL talent. I believe that this team would cherish going to the Motor City Bowl.

I'd be in attendance.
If the team we play in the bowl had a bunch of players sit out, then how much would a bowl win mean other than removing the monkey off our back so to speak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT