ADVERTISEMENT

IUBB on pause for COVID tests

Go Hoosiers!
Does make one wonder if and when games are played, and one team pauses because of coronavirus testing showing positive results from coaches and/or players. Will the game be forfeit or rescheduled or just dropped with no fault?

It should be forfeited. The ability to stay healthy in the current environment is a sign of character and of organization. There's nothing wrong with those things affecting the record book. I'm disappointed this happened to IU and I hope they can prevent it ever happening again. Also I hope very much none of our guys is permanently impaired.

It should be forfeited. The ability to stay healthy in the current environment is a sign of character and of organization. There's nothing wrong with those things affecting the record book. I'm disappointed this happened to IU and I hope they can prevent it ever happening again. Also I hope very much none of our guys is permanently impaired.
What we’re the circumstances that led to IUs athletes being infected? What character missteps or organizational shortcomings occurred?

Last edited:

I don't think so. Infection can come from anything they have touched including door handles on classroom buildings, carry out food, breath in a hallway etc. As long as the athlete wasn't acting irresponsibly ( and there is nothing yet indicating this) then there should be no punishment.

That's kind of harsh, don't you think?

If they play, I suspect there will be any number of games that won't be played due to infection or quarantine. This is going to be a fiasco.

Reactions: RBB89
That's kind of harsh, don't you think?

If they play, I suspect there will be any number of games that won't be played due to infection or quarantine. This is going to be a fiasco.
yes it will be. School's only been in session for 2 weeks and things are already sliding sideways. I still have serious doubts about a full bball season this year.

Play Ball. The B1G has cancelled games with outside schools so it can control the schedule and re-schedule of games if needed. HS teams are playing, if a player or players have Covid then re-schedule the game when they have recovered. If HS Football can play then I fully expect HS basketball to play also, just with limited or no fans.

Play Ball. The B1G has cancelled games with outside schools so it can control the schedule and re-schedule of games if needed. HS teams are playing, if a player or players have Covid then re-schedule the game when they have recovered. If HS Football can play then I fully expect HS basketball to play also, just with limited or no fans.
I don't think it one can compare the extra curricular activities of a high school player living at home at a college player away from home. Don't expect the same social outcomes

yes it will be. School's only been in session for 2 weeks and things are already sliding sideways. I still have serious doubts about a full bball season this year.
Bingo!!! It will be cancelled, ALL Greek houses are under quarantine and recommended to go home, 631 new IUB cases over the weekend. Boat parties they're now investigating, yeah, great chance its safe for athletes, let alone the Bloomington community. The university cannot be a police department too, these dumbasses, I guess they don't care about football or basketball much

we're paying $19K out of state fees, per semester for our son to take classes on line from 300 miles away this semester because, as much as I hoped it would not, things are playing out as I feared. Wasn't going to commit to a full year of housing, knowing he may be sent home before Halloween. This entire situation sucks beyond description.

their funding could be shut off at the source any time for most students.

Hysterical much? What does that even mean?

Haven't seen anything to suggest that students are at risk of losing "funding at the source any time" and IU is additionally sitting on a $2.5 billion endowment. Surely you're not suggesting that collegiate athletics is contributing to the fiscal solvency of most universities and those enrolled within same?

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

Hysterical much? What does that even mean?

Haven't seen anything to suggest that students are at risk of losing "funding at the source any time" and IU is additionally sitting on a $2.5 billion endowment. Surely you're not suggesting that collegiate athletics is contributing to the fiscal solvency of most universities and those enrolled within same?

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances
Endowments are tightly controlled, specifically purposed financial commitments that don’t exist to fund ongoing expenses. They aren’t relevant to what’s going on right now on college campuses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT