ADVERTISEMENT

IU with high-profile 2022 commit

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
6'0" 185 lbs outfielder Devin Taylor from Cincinnati, LaSalle. Rated as #3 player from OH (#1 outfielder) and #16 nationally in 2022 class. Apparently an excellent hitter.....hit close to .500 as a 15 year old freshman last year, with extra-base power. In a story I saw, in 18 games he had it .469, with 3 HRs and 29 RBIs. Led his league in HRs & RBIs, 2nd in BA. Only negative I can see is he does not have elite speed.

Obviously, he may never end up at IU......in any event it is encouraging that IU is beginning to hit Ohio pretty hard in recruiting---Stahl & Jesse in '19; Brennan Rowe & Max Johnson (both SSs) in '20 & '21; McKay Whitaker & Devin Taylor in '22.

One other recruiting story of note--IU recruits Kip F., Costa S., Zach B., and Casper C. are now rated 2,3,5 & 8 in PBR's Top 10 in Indiana for the '20 class.

Taylor projected as best HS player to come out of Cincy since Griff Jr played at Moeller.

some encouraging recruiting already from this new staff. Fact IU had 10 kids drafted last year didn’t hurt. Got some good freshman this year that will be playing. Will be a lot of new faces pitching as all 3 weekend starters drafted.

Reactions: mk23 and snowling
Taylor projected as best HS player to come out of Cincy since Griff Jr played at Moeller.

some encouraging recruiting already from this new staff. Fact IU had 10 kids drafted last year didn’t hurt. Got some good freshman this year that will be playing. Will be a lot of new faces pitching as all 3 weekend starters drafted.

I saw some batting video of him. His swing reminds me of both Griffey Sr. & Griffey Jr. Not the biggest nor fasted guy around, but an effortless swing and great timing. His coach says that as a freshmen he was very rarely fooled on a pitch.

Reactions: mk23 and snowling
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT