ADVERTISEMENT

IU will get Purdue's best on Tuesday

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
The environment will be loud and toxic. Purdue badly needs that win and it will be senior night with a stake in the championship on the line. Add the fact that IU and Purdue always get up to play against their rival and this is one that favors Purdue.

For those of you younger Hoosier fans, these are the games that matter a lot but are not so easy to spot 10 years later in the stat sheet. The circumstances matter, and in this case, IU is a heavy underdog so a victory is not only improbable, but could theoretically change the team's potential at the most important hour of the season.

Seeing Michigan and Iowa and Minnesota getting better at the end of the year, it is a question of whether IU can build off of a victory to finally gain momentum in the Big Ten. Can IU finally play up to their potential this year? Can they make a shot at a big run a possibility?

Indiana has the size to match Purdue. Indiana has the shooters to match Purdue. But does Indiana have the ability to execute and the will to defend and the concentration to not turn the ball over and to work for good shots?

The environment will be loud and toxic. Purdue badly needs that win and it will be senior night with a stake in the championship on the line. Add the fact that IU and Purdue always get up to play against their rival and this is one that favors Purdue.

For those of you younger Hoosier fans, these are the games that matter a lot but are not so easy to spot 10 years later in the stat sheet. The circumstances matter, and in this case, IU is a heavy underdog so a victory is not only improbable, but could theoretically change the team's potential at the most important hour of the season.

Seeing Michigan and Iowa and Minnesota getting better at the end of the year, it is a question of whether IU can build off of a victory to finally gain momentum in the Big Ten. Can IU finally play up to their potential this year? Can they make a shot at a big run a possibility?

Indiana has the size to match Purdue. Indiana has the shooters to match Purdue. But does Indiana have the ability to execute and the will to defend and the concentration to not turn the ball over and to work for good shots?
This will be a blow out loss

it will take far less than Purdue's best to win this game...and sadly, beating IU will do little to boost Purdue's tournament status beyond producing a W.

I think we'll be pretty pissed off after our game yesterday and will come out firing. Hopefully there aren't any dumb double fouls this time.

IMO - it could get very ugly.
Agreed. I told my kids last night we will get beat by 30. Them coming in after a loss is bad news for our struggling team. Just glad it is an early start so I won't be up very late. Living in Lafayette makes this type of year very painful!

It would be a good morale win for us if we could somehow beat them at their place. I don't think we should expect to win,but if we do we can at least have one of those real cool moments in a blah season.

Reactions: hondo314
It's going to be raining threes. Johnson goes for 27 and iu wins by five. The winning streak will roll on

Paging Dr. Smarmy. Paging Dr. Smarmy. A baggy comment is needed on IU message board...stat! No need for humor, intelligence, or cleverness.

TC's coaching ability will be on full display. The weave and heave and 20 turnovers added to a matador defense will spell doom early. IU should call in sick and save the team and fans the embarrassment.

TC's coaching ability will be on full display. The weave and heave and 20 turnovers added to a matador defense will spell doom early. IU should call in sick and save the team and fans the embarrassment.

I'm sure the team doesn't give a flying poo about your level of embarrassment.

It would be a good morale win for us if we could somehow beat them at their place. I don't think we should expect to win,but if we do we can at least have one of those real cool moments in a blah season.
Nothing good can come from this game. A loss to PUke always sucks. A win and the odds of our long basketball nightmare continuing increase. Fortunately I have plans to attend a high school sectional where I'm likely to see far fewer turnovers and much more defense than I would watching the Hoosiers. No plans to even DVR because I don't want to see either a win or a loss.

I just want a change to a brand of basketball I recognize and can stand to watch again.

Yeah, we're gonna get blown out.

PU 75 IU 62

No, it was pretty funny.

I'm having trouble figuring out your stance. You agree Crean is not working out but don't want to hear anyone say he sucks?

I'm am not familiar with your style of Kung fu lol

If you notice, the post I commented on made no reference to CTC…and it contained not a whit of humor. I'm surprised you are defending it. There are plenty of anti-CTC posts that have made me chuckle, and that have prompted me to click the "like" button.

Once again, I'm not pro-CTC, just anti-stupidity. If CTC is fired today, I would not be shocked or upset, and I am fully aware that a change is needed and I assume, imminent. Not a problem. But the mob mentality ( and social media) brings out the worst people, as well as the worst in some people, some of who wouldn't know a funny comment if it threw a banana peel in their path.

Reactions: hondo314
Hoping the Boilers make it a quick kill. No need to allow IU to hang on with hopes of a win. End it early. I see it as a big blowout with the possibility of Crean snapping and really going after the refs or maybe a PU asst. coach.

That kind of optimistic outlook in a blah season such as this one can only come from the inspiration of God Almighty Above. Thank you, Father, for providing us hope, albeit but a glimmer.

Our team could barely handle NW fighting back after our big run going into halftime...at home.

Anything is possible, but I think people should prepare for a humiliating loss.

Nothing good can come from this game. A loss to PUke always sucks. A win and the odds of our long basketball nightmare continuing increase. Fortunately I have plans to attend a high school sectional where I'm likely to see far fewer turnovers and much more defense than I would watching the Hoosiers. No plans to even DVR because I don't want to see either a win or a loss.

I just want a change to a brand of basketball I recognize and can stand to watch again.
I don't think a win would save Crean's job. We won't dance this year unless we win the BTT. So I say let's beat PU and watch those fans with their stunned faces.

I will be very surprised if we keep it close. We're not in their league this year.

But beating them at their place would be fun to watch.

Purdue looks like they are wearing down a bit as the season drags on. Their lack of depth is catching up with them. However, they still have more than enough to beat IU easily at home on Senior night. Boilers by 16.

Purdue looks like they are wearing down a bit as the season drags on. Their lack of depth is catching up with them. However, they still have more than enough to beat IU easily at home on Senior night. Boilers by 16.

I actually agree with you here. The Boilers shooting percentages have been dropping the last few games, and they just haven't played very well recently.
That being said, the IU game will be different. I think Purdue will play pissed off, looking to make a statement, taking out some frustration on IU and earning at least a share of the Big10 title.
If the Boilers start off hot from 3, it'll get ugly early.
Would Painter take his foot off the gas if given the chance late in the game? Maybe, but hopefully he remembers the beatings Crean gave him a few years ago with Zellar and crew. Crean never let up in those games.

Do I want IU to lose.....of course not as a grad they are my team, end of sentence. Do I think they will win? No, I'm a realist and road games have not gone well for IU. I expect this to be a 15 pt loss. Threes clanking of the front of the rim and turnovers will spell doom.

In short, no.

if Crean stays the fan base will implode....the situation is that toxic at IU. I think the message that sends is your money as fans is important to IU, but you yourselves are not.
I agree. That's why I can't imagine a change won't be made. And why the constant "Glass is a Crean ball-licker/doesn't have the guts/is helping Crean find a new position" nonsense is so tiresome.

if Crean stays the fan base will implode....the situation is that toxic at IU. I think the message that sends is your money as fans is important to IU, but you yourselves are not.
Yes it will implode and I will not be watching anymore. That is not the point as we are not the decision makers. The powers that be do not have the guts to cut him loose imo.

According to you he's not going anywhere no matter what happens.
I do not think he is with Glass around. I hope I am 100% wrong on that as I want him gone probably even worse than most of you. I have wanted him gone since the syracuse loss.

I do not think he is with Glass around. I hope I am 100% wrong on that as I want him gone probably even worse than most of you. I have wanted him gone since the syracuse loss.
Not according to the people on the other board who supposedly has some connections. They make it sound like it is pretty much going to happen after the year and that Crean will be gone.

It could get ugly on the court and off.

I won't be able to be there this year due to a need to be in NYC, and I expect a pretty small IU crowd there compared to most years. I know some people bought seats directly through PU but I doubt the usual Stubhub and walk up scalp crowd will be there. Can't blame them, who wants to take that kind of purple rage abuse from those idiots.

It could get ugly on the court and off.

I won't be able to be there this year due to a need to be in NYC, and I expect a pretty small IU crowd there compared to most years. I know some people bought seats directly through PU but I doubt the usual Stubhub and walk up scalp crowd will be there. Can't blame them, who wants to take that kind of purple rage abuse from those idiots.

Yeah I'm guessing there won't be much red in Mackey tomorrow night. There usually isn't for an IU Purdue game anyway.

You guys could get hot and make it happen. The overall B1G is down this year.

Thanks, Capt. Obvious.

CaptainObvious_Raise-the-roof.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT