ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. PSU re-watch

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
My family is gone for Spring Break and my house is making this really weird sound (silence), so I decided to watch the IU/PSU game last night on a DVRd 1 hr. replay.

1) The offense still gives me anxiety
2) I forgot about Hendershot dropping that sure 1st down late in the 4th that would've probably iced it.
3) The PSU running back taking in that last TD is still unreal.
4) Javon Swinton & Jacolby Hewitt making plays on that last drive in regulation was a thing of beauty.
5) That flubbed squib kick is still unreal-er.
6) Penix's conversion is still good.

The game is worth a re-watch. Puts you through all the emotions.

When has IU ever had a team good enough to absorbe an error like that dropped pass and still go on to beat a top ten team? Any other year in the past we’d be talking about the one that got away because of the dropped pass. That was one tough way to hang in there.

When has IU ever had a team good enough to absorbe an error like that dropped pass and still go on to beat a top ten team? Any other year in the past we’d be talking about the one that got away because of the dropped pass. That was one tough way to hang in there.
The fates were smiling on Memorial Stadium that day. That error, plus the flukey way Micah wasn't able to recover the muffed punt earlier, plus giving PSU the chance to hit a game winning FG at the end of regulation. It's nice to have things break your way once in a while.

The fates were smiling on Memorial Stadium that day. That error, plus the flukey way Micah wasn't able to recover the muffed punt earlier, plus giving PSU the chance to hit a game winning FG at the end of regulation. It's nice to have things break your way once in a while.
Also to have Penix that threw passes in tight coverage and run for 2 PAT twice to win the game for IU. If he can stay healthy in 2021 season IU will have a great season. I worry about coach Sheridan as a QB coach working on his feet on throwing. I don't think Sheridan is as good a QB coach as coach DeBoer that made Penix and Ramsey to complete at near 70%. With the drops last year Penix only completed 58%. I hope in 2021 season the drops stop happening and Penix completes 70% or near.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT