ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs Michigan Game time

ericrossiu

Junior
Dec 1, 2009
I know it says TBD, but does anyone have an idea or know if it’s possible that it would be a noon game?

Thanks in advance

Go Hoosiers

I know it says TBD, but does anyone have an idea or know if it’s possible that it would be a noon game?

Thanks in advance

Go Hoosiers
Time won't be released until Monday at the earliest, and could be "waitlisted" until the following Monday as the networks try to sort out the optimal games

Personally I hope it's a noon game. I like the idea of being an underdog at home and making the favored visitors potentially start the game in a groggy funk. Wisconsin at Illinois comes to mind. It also might make some of those Meatchicken fans a little less inclined to make the trip south. Two years ago we had some real knucklehead UM fans around us. Two of them ultimately got tossed by security.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If we beat PSU, I think we’ve got a good shot at being the 12:00 game on Fox.

Here's to hoping that PSU is already focused on that game and as an earlier post stated, hope they don't stub a toe with Minny and get brought back into the moment getting ready for us.

I thought the same thing. What if they are going into that game on a two game losing streak? FOX is definitely betting against it, which is bulletin board material for both us and Minnesota.

When did noon become the time for the headline game? I hate that. I want to watch other games that lead up to the big one first.
I agree but everything I’ve read since the beginning of the year is the noon game on FOX is considered ‘the’ game of the day.
The SEC headliner is always at 3:30 on CBS which I consider the ideal kickoff time.

Given Penn st vs Ohio is noon Fox game, isn’t it pretty much no brainer it’ll be the 3:30 game?

I agree but everything I’ve read since the beginning of the year is the noon game on FOX is considered ‘the’ game of the day.

It’s considered “their” game of the day. Only when NEB/PUR was in the slot it wasn’t (GuJo/Klatt worked ORE/USC in the night slot because the P12 didn’t want to play morning kickoffs at home). But FOX has designs on their A game being at noon ET. ABC is starting to counter—PSU/MINN is at 12N as well.

So I wouldn’t rule out MICH/IND being at 12N as well.

Last edited:
Unless it’s a game that has a negotiated TV slot and kickoff time, the Monday before the game is when we find out kickoff times quite often. Been that way for years. I don’t disagree that it can hurt the turnout, but wins will get IU better kickoff times. Noon is the worst. 3:30 is probably the best. I LOVED the 7PM kickoff last weekend though. Still really hoping that we can get the 3:30 slot for UM though.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT