ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs Kentucky series

ericrossiu

Junior
Dec 1, 2009
Just read some comments from rupp rafters regarding the series.

though I respect the UK basketball tradition and accomplishments. The UK fan base seems to be the most sensitive borderline scared fan base in college basketball.
I hope the series gets renewed and both programs can benefit from it.

I always laugh at the Uk fans when they cry or whine about the name calling and fan behavior.
I experienced similar behavior at freedom hall when Mike Davis was coach. I thought it was awesome fan bases behaved like that towards each other. No fights, just pure sh*t talking from young kids to grown adults and vise versa.

Reactions: hatchetdad
I'm as big an IU fan as they come, but maybe we should be focusing more on making the tournament than what Kentucky fans are doing.

All in all I seriously doubt fans of any team are scared of playing a program that hasn't sniffed the tournament in 5 years while coming off a 12-15 season. It seems arrogant to assume otherwise.

I'm as big an IU fan as they come, but maybe we should be focusing more on making the tournament than what Kentucky fans are doing.

All in all I seriously doubt fans of any team are scared of playing a program that hasn't sniffed the tournament in 5 years while coming off a 12-15 season. It seems arrogant to assume

All in all I seriously doubt fans of any team are scared of playing a program that hasn't sniffed the tournament in 5 years while coming off a 12-15 season. It seems arrogant to assume otherwise.
First off dbag, “we” or me being just a fan have zero control over making the tournament. So I posted about playing a team we’ve played off and on for almost a 100 years. I’m not worried about what kentucky fans are doing but thought it was funny that they act and behave the way they do regarding the series.
Im assuming you didn’t read the comments from rupp rappers supporting my thoughts that they are scared to play us.
regardless if IU makes a tournament or what the records are at the time, this series has produced awesome games and memories.
The only arrogant ass is you and the dbags that liked your post

I think Kentucky won 9 games last year and no tournament. They can’t say sh* about anything right now imo

UK a was even worse last year... If you can’t shit talk UK or their fans, then you’re NOT “as big an IU fan as they come”

First off dbag, “we” or me being just a fan have zero control over making the tournament. So I posted about playing a team we’ve played off and on for almost a 100 years. I’m not worried about what kentucky fans are doing but thought it was funny that they act and behave the way they do regarding the series.
Im assuming you didn’t read the comments from rupp rappers supporting my thoughts that they are scared to play us.
regardless if IU makes a tournament or what the records are at the time, this series has produced awesome games and memories.

I think Kentucky won 9 games last year and no tournament. They can’t say sh* about anything right now imo
Stopped reading at dbag, even for the internet that is a weak insult. Either way keep telling yourself that other programs are scared of us right now if it helps you sleep at night. I don't care.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
UK a was even worse last year... If you can’t shit talk UK or their fans, then you’re NOT “as big an IU fan as they come”
You can shit talk UK and their fans all you want, I'm just saying we have zero room to talk right now. At this point anyone pretending that UK fans, or fans of any other major program are scared of an NIT program coming off a 12-15 record is turning delusion into an art form.

Point is we have zero room to talk, let's wait until we do.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Stopped reading at dbag, even for the internet that is a weak insult. Either way keep telling yourself that other programs are scared of us right now if it helps you sleep at night. I don't care.
It sure reads like you care dbag!
You can wait for permission to talk crap, I won’t.
it’s funny you rag on IUs record and want to protect uk from being trash talked about theirs lol

the reason uk fans are scared to play IU is because they fear getting beat by in their opinion “a lesser program”

their main argument is they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.....that’s fear.
What other programs? I specifically posted about UK, a rival of almost a 100 years.
Other descriptions for you....stupid, moron, idiot, dumb, slow, unintelligent, lacking sense.

just ask if you’d like more descriptive words

It sure reads like you care dbag!
You can wait for permission to talk crap, I won’t.
it’s funny you rag on IUs record and want to protect uk from being trash talked about theirs lol

the reason uk fans are scared to play IU is because they fear getting beat by in their opinion “a lesser program”

their main argument is they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.....that’s fear.
What other programs? I specifically posted about UK, a rival of almost a 100 years.
Other descriptions for you....stupid, moron, idiot, dumb, slow, unintelligent, lacking sense.

just ask if you’d like more descriptive words
Seek professional help.

I wouldn't start the series back up as it doesn't really benefit either program currently. I certainly don't want UK having a good year and showcasing their talent in Indiana where they have plucked some pretty good talent from in years past. Currently though, Cal doesn't seem like a threat and has lost steam getting what he wants.
I am more concerned with being nationally relevant again as opposed to rivalry relevant.

Reactions: BHAII and Deli owl

We’re an afterthought to most UK fans, since we haven’t really been a factor on the national stage in two decades. They don’t and won’t care about us until we’re relevant again. The series is meaningless to them as a result. They aren’t scared of us . . . they just don’t care.

We’re an afterthought to most UK fans, since we haven’t really been a factor on the national stage in two decades. They don’t and won’t care about us until we’re relevant again. The series is meaningless to them as a result. They aren’t scared of us . . . they just don’t care.
That's true, I mean we only beat them in the tournament the last year we played them and was a #1 seed another year in the last 10 years......but.....we haven't been a factor in 2 decades. :rolleyes:

That's true, I mean we only beat them in the tournament the last year we played them and was a #1 seed another year in the last 10 years......but.....we haven't been a factor in 2 decades. :rolleyes:
Oh, there have been exceptions, but even you should be able to recognize that we haven’t been nationally relevant during that time.

Reactions: Deli owl
Well that settles it, a one seed in 2012 and a sweet 16 just a mere 6 years ago. With a resume like that who wouldn't be scared to play us?

Ok, one trip past the sweet 16 since 1993. UK has beaten you 17 out of the past 22 and has won 3 titles since your last in 1987.

Reactions: GGary and Deli owl
Ok, one trip past the sweet 16 since 1993. UK has beaten you 17 out of the past 22 and has won 3 titles since your last in 1987.
For some of our fans, that’s plenty good enough. That’s also why we’re no longer relevant, because too many fans are happy with mediocrity. Hopefully, MW changes that mindset.

For some of our fans, that’s plenty good enough. That’s also why we’re no longer relevant, because too many fans are happy with mediocrity. Hopefully, MW changes that mindset.
I’m not even trolling, I know i’ll get quoted here in a second by the usual suspects and get called a toothless retard who bangs his sister in his trailer, but i’m just talking basketball lol. I see what you deal with Birnk.

I’m not even trolling, I know i’ll get quoted here in a second by the usual suspects and get called a toothless retard who bangs his sister in his trailer, but i’m just talking basketball lol. I see what you deal with Birnk.
The vast majority of posters here either weren’t on the planet when we last won a national championship or they were so young that they have no memory of it. Further, they’ve never really seen us an elite program, so they don’t know what it was like when we were actually at that level. Not their fault, but it informs their viewpoint.

You can shit talk UK and their fans all you want, I'm just saying we have zero room to talk right now. At this point anyone pretending that UK fans, or fans of any other major program are scared of an NIT program coming off a 12-15 record is turning delusion into an art form.

You attacked his post with a smartA attitude and that is uncalled for. What fun is sports if you can't talk crap with/about your rivals. Especially pUKe!

lighten up Francis.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You attacked his post with a smartA attitude and that is uncalled for. What fun is sports if you can't talk crap with/about your rivals. Especially pUKe!

lighten up Francis.
I didn't "attack" anyone's post, I made an observation. He's attacked me with name calling multiple times in this thread.

If you all want to delude yourself into thinking that programs like Kentucky are scared to play us, especially after our recent history then go ahead. Like I said I don't care.

Just know that to anyone looking at it with unbiased common sense it comes across petty and delusional. Also know that IU has a lot of improvements to make on the court before anyone outside of this board is going to believe that homer bs. Which was the point of my initial post.

I didn't "attack" anyone's post, I made an observation. He's attacked me with name calling multiple times in this thread.

If you all want to delude yourself into thinking that programs like Kentucky are scared to play us, especially after our recent history then go ahead. Like I said I don't care.

Just know that to anyone looking at it with unbiased common sense it comes across petty and delusional. Also know that IU has a lot of improvements to make on the court before anyone outside of this board is going to believe that homer bs. Which was the point of my initial post.
I was talking with my Brother-in-law Saturday and he asked my thoughts on the new Woodson hire and i stated that I was very excited and was looking forward to our future with him. He is a HUGE pUKe fan and he stated that he is concerned with how good IU will be with Woody and hopes we don't play each other.

With that being said I told him That UK and Calipari suck and I can't wait to kick their ass.

I am hoping this puts ericrossiu's post into perspective.

For those of us who grew up in Southern Indiana south of highway 46, IU-UK was a more intense rivalry than IU-PU ever was, even in Keady's heydey. At least in terms of intensity and degree of interaction/hostility of the fanbases.

I miss that. I miss whoopin' 'em

You are trolling and I heard the same thing in the 80's when IU and Louisville won 4 titles while UK's only attention was from trying to pay players. Hopefully IU is on track now, but having 10 5 star players and UK still couldn't win 10 games, just move on you have your own problems.....

I was talking with my Brother-in-law Saturday and he asked my thoughts on the new Woodson hire and i stated that I was very excited and was looking forward to our future with him. He is a HUGE pUKe fan and he stated that he is concerned with how good IU will be with Woody and hopes we don't play each other.

With that being said I told him That UK and Calipari suck and I can't wait to kick their ass.

I am hoping this puts ericrossiu's post into perspective.
In my UK circle they are getting tired of the player turnover and Cal’s “pro” first attitude. A couple have stopped watching games. A bunch can’t even remember player names. The UK eats first attitude is gone.

Meh. We can talk. Especially about UK seeing as they bitched out of the series because they got tired of watching us beat them on a daily basis, and they sucked worse than us last year. So you are wrong again.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Meh. We can talk. Especially about UK seeing as they bitched out of the series because they got tired of watching us beat them on a daily basis, and they sucked worse than us last year. So you are wrong again.
on a daily basis? you’ve lost 17 out of the last 22

Reactions: GGary
I don’t think Kentucky or it’s fans are scared of IU and I know IU and it’s fans aren’t scared of Kentucky.

For whatever reason Kentucky took great offense to their last loss at IU and the treatment from the IU fans. I am of the opinion, that type of behavior happens at every rivalry game.

If they never want to play us again so be it but as someone else said from southern Indiana, the Kentucky rivalry always meant more to me than any other by far.

I hope that someday we can renew the home and home but I will not lose any sleep over a team that got their feelings and egos hurt because of what fans said at a game.

I agree. We shouldn’t be s*it-talking an MVC team after 4 years of Archie hell. I don’t care what UK’s record was last year.

I don’t think Kentucky or it’s fans are scared of IU and I know IU and it’s fans aren’t scared of Kentucky.

For whatever reason Kentucky took great offense to their last loss at IU and the treatment from the IU fans. I am of the opinion, that type of behavior happens at every rivalry game.

If they never want to play us again so be it but as someone else said from southern Indiana, the Kentucky rivalry always meant more to me than any other by far.

I hope that someday we can renew the home and home but I will not lose any sleep over a team that got their feelings and egos hurt because of what fans said at a game.
The whole notion of a fan being “scared” of a potential opponent for the college basketball team they support is spectacularly dumb.

Whether the series gets renewed or not, I’m far more concerned with getting back to being a regular contender for B10 titles.

Especially about UK seeing how they bitched out of the series because they got tired of watching us beat them on a daily basis
Wut? With statements like this it's clear objectivity has completely gone out the window with some of you. When 2 wins in 6 tries suddenly becomes "on a daily basis" it might be time to take a step back and think about what in the hell you're actually saying.

When Cal cancelled the series they had beaten us in 4 of the last 5 games.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Wut? With statements like this it's clear objectivity has completely gone out the window with some of you. When 2 wins in 6 tries suddenly becomes "on a daily basis" it might be time to take a step back and think about what in the hell you're actually saying.

When Cal cancelled the series they had beaten us in 4 of the last 5 games.
That was a reference to the daily beating they took on ESPN... It led to them bitching out. Get it?

Reactions: ericrossiu

What they took offense to is the Wat Shot highlight playing all year long! LMAO. It goes in every time.

Here is what we do know.

After the Watshot game Cal refused to play IU even refusing the location compromise offered by IU. Most believe he opted out because he knew he was likely going to get beaten by IU the next season in the Ruppdump.

KY fan bent over backwards explaining that the reason they would not play is becuse of some ficticious mistreatment their 60 fans suffered on kirkwood and in TAH. If you were to believe KY fans who claim "they were there"...there were 30,000 blue Gomers in attendance.

For a program that forgot who IU was...they sure spend a lot of time talking about IU. Kent Sterling has done several bits on them including one recently about KSR spending an hour yammering on about how irrelevant IU is after Woody was hired.

KY has sold their basketball soul outsourcing the program to mercenaries and Cal. As long as they win, that ship will float but once things go south it is gonna be ugly as grads in particular come to the realization of just what they have given up. The WalmartKats will not quite get it.

You be special KY.

For the record, the few KY fans that were in TAH were not mistreated unless you count the team stripper who got her ankle stepped on by a student running down the steps. There was a "**** KY" chant that went down in the student section when a KY fan walked down the stairway next to the students waiving his "Bring it" arms and screaming at the kids. He was escorted out by police.

The mistreatment BS was a cover used to hide the embarassment of Cal's refusal to play IU. Total made up Bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT