ADVERTISEMENT

IU unchanged in both polls at #13 (links).

Radio Zero

All-Big Ten
Dec 9, 2019
Yoknapatawpha County
Reactions: vesuvius13
Like I wrote earlier, the polls will rank IU right outside the cut off for a major bowl/playoff berth. I expect the CFB playoff committee will do the same.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Cig is trying to change the mindset of indiana football fans and that means we have to get out of the mindset that everyone is against us. I am not mad our ranking didn’t change and I am not mad that Texas a&m jumped over us. On paper they had a much better win and as much as I love our wins we still have not played any opponent ranked in the top 25. So, someone without rose colored glasses on could argue we are lucky to even be ranked. A few weeks ago the idea of IU even being in the conversation of the playoff was laughable. Now, it is being discussed by everyone. There’s no way a 0 or 1 loss IU team is held out of the playoffs, but we have to keep winning. Two or more losses doesn’t get us there.

Officiating and rankings won’t always be the way we want them. We will get some bad/missed calls, but we will also benefit from them. We are 8-0 and have fan bases around the country hating us for our success, but at the same time wishing Cig was their coach. Keep winning and we will go up in ranking. Enjoy the ride and appreciate the spotlight we are under because we are in the midst of a season we have spent our entire lives dreaming of. Whether we were ranked 13 or 1 today the only ranking that matters is the one released after we beat Purdue.

Reactions: Kelly_32 and td75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT