ADVERTISEMENT

IU UNC

IU was 21-14 last year. I don’t see them making the jump to NC contender in one season. I guess it depends on how much the other teams lose.
Remember how quickly we improved, I think biggest in country , when Cody came? It can happen. We’ll see.

IU was 21-14 last year. I don’t see them making the jump to NC contender in one season. I guess it depends on how much the other teams lose.
Certainly. However, for the first part of last season X wasn’t playing well, and TJD was easily intimidated by teams with strong bigs. By the end both had figured it out. Also, X might have a legit backup at PG with JHS. And Trayce might have a worthy backup with MR. Given we haven’t yet seen the real Tamar Bates, not to mention, a fast improving Geronimo at the end of the season. Plenty of reasons for optimism to at least be a 25+ game winner next year.

Per the NBA thought...no, I don't think 2 of those guys will get drafted into the NBA. 2 of them might end up playing in the NBA...but I'd be surprised if 2 of them get drafted. Mainly Tamar and Jordan would be the bigger question marks at this point, for me.
I’d give you, or anyone, 2-1 odds that two of Malik, JHS, tamar, and JG get drafted.

I’m here to keep all you dreamers grounded.
The Final 4 predictions are at least entertaining. We will struggle to be in the top 4 of our own conference

BS, Grounded, what a joke.
You are not a "glass is half empty" kind, you are a "What glass" curmudgeon.

Just as those thinking FF are guessing, you are guessing by saying "struggle to be in the top 4".
Some just want to live their lives from a positive outlook but you wouldn't know what that means.

Last edited:
BS, Grounded, what a joke.
You are not a "glass is half empty" kind, you are a "What glass" curmudgeon.

Just as those thinking FF are guessing, you are guessing by saying "struggle to be in the top 4".
Some just want to live their livers from a positive outlook but you wouldn't know what that means.
Not sure my liver has a positive outlook

I’m here to keep all you dreamers grounded.
The Final 4 predictions are at least entertaining. We will struggle to be in the top 4 of our own conference
As T.M.P. has pointed out these predictions of a conference title are coming from most of the “expert” talking heads who report on the B1G. So don’t blame the fans here.

I’d give you, or anyone, 2-1 odds that two of Malik, JHS, tamar, and JG get drafted.
I wouldn't want to bet against any of our boys.

Did you add Malik to that bet though, or was he in there originally?

Maybe its TJD recency bias or something, but I'm having a hard time envisioning any of the players you mentioned getting drafted. But 2 of them I haven't seen in an IU uniform yet, so its all guess work for me.

I wouldn't want to bet against any of our boys.

Did you add Malik to that bet though, or was he in there originally?

Maybe its TJD recency bias or something, but I'm having a hard time envisioning any of the players you mentioned getting drafted. But 2 of them I haven't seen in an IU uniform yet, so its all guess work for me.
Originally it was 5 guys including Malik (I left Trey out of the bet this time)

I will bet anyone straight up tamar gets drafted. I read people for a living. I am right on him. Been around him and his family enough. He loves basketball and will work work work to be great.

someone bet me on tamar getting drafted, please!

I will bet anyone straight up tamar gets drafted. I read people for a living. I am right on him. Been around him and his family enough. He loves basketball and will work work work to be great.

A Johnnie Davis type year next season for Tamar? Seriously, if he is NBA bound he’s gonna need to be a double digit scorer starting next season.

how much? I don't want to root against the kid, you think he has Johhny Davis type talent? Kids improve but he couldn't get on he floor last year for a average team. 6;4 players are a dime a dozen , for him to get drafted he would have to be at least a 2nd team all American type player. I don't see it. Hate to say it there is a better chance he ends his career somewhere else than him getting drafted.

Franklin went from the 3.7 PPG to 11.4 PPG.
Bates averaged 3.9 last year. I would love to see him make a similar jump.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
how much? I don't want to root against the kid, you think he has Johhny Davis type talent? Kids improve but he couldn't get on he floor last year for a average team. 6;4 players are a dime a dozen , for him to get drafted he would have to be at least a 2nd team all American type player. I don't see it. Hate to say it there is a better chance he ends his career somewhere else than him getting drafted.
100? 250 500? I don’t care 100 easy to remember

It was 2-1 odds that two of Malik, JG, JHS or bates get drafted.

tamar bet is straight up. 500 for 500.
oh, make it a 100 then I don't like betting against IU players. I love your positivity but JG getting drafted would be a miracle, Keion Brooks as an example is 5 x better than JG , his draft prospects seem pretty slim.

oh, make it a 100 then I don't like betting against IU players. I love your positivity but JG getting drafted would be a miracle, Keion Brooks as an example is 5 x better than JG , his draft prospects seem pretty slim.
JG started playing basketball at 16. His arms are longer than mine and yours combine (7’2 wingspan, just unheard of, geeek freak measurable‘s )

this year will be big. If he doesn’t make a big jump he won’t get there, but this was also the first time he ever played in front of more than 250 people in his life.

JG started playing basketball at 16. His arms are longer than mine and yours combine (7’2 wingspan, just unheard of, geeek freak measurable‘s )

this year will be big. If he doesn’t make a big jump he won’t get there, but this was also the first time he ever played in front of more than 250 people in his life.
athleticism and measurables does not a NBA player make, it helps but you have to be a skilled basketball player. You ever watch Montrez Harrel play that's a guy JG needs to emulate .

A kid that 5 years from now that might surprise everyone and be in the NBA is Newton that kid is going to be really good.

I hope Bates gives us a solid 15-20 minutes a game next year , plays great defense and scores between 8 and 10 a game, I see that as his ceiling next year.

And Giannis is damn near 7 foot ,JG is 6'6

I would have liked to have seen Lander play extended minutes just 1 time while he was here, especially in one of those crappy non conference games, I hope he does well at WKU
Lander played 15+ minutes in 10 games. He may be the worst defensive player ever to play for IU.

Reactions: MrBing
TJD tweeted at BacoT you coming to play us in the ACC B1G challenge? Bacot replied, Bet. Bet means it's on like donkey kong.
Back to the original topic, I sure hope this happens. Be great to gauge ourselves against UNC. I'd especially love the opportunity living in NC. Although, we've already seen that they can gel into a really great team and we have a long way to go to catch up to that. I'd expect a loss, but I'd still love to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT