ADVERTISEMENT

IU to officially open for Fall

They can play sans fans. I suspect there will be huge limits to Assembly Hall, far more than football. I heard for football, B10 teams were told to prepare for 1/2 and 1/3 attendance maximums. My guess is outdoors, 1/2 might be possible but 1/3 more likely. I cannot see how basketball gets above 25%. I have been to a lot of women's games with 4000 people, it can happen with distancing but people have to be willing to. By nature, everyone wants packed into the side bleachers. The women do not use the balcony, which will have to happen to get 4000 in to a men's game. So people can distance at 4000, but will they is a different story.

I am not saying I would go to one of those games, but I think plenty of people would. At least 4000.

Now the experts are saying that 6 feet is not at all accurate. If that holds up, who knows.

But the most likely scenario I see is no fans.

Sans fans allows for TV contracts to stay intact which a Marketer will argue is even more valuable with the fans that were in arenas and stadiums having a high likelyhood of tuning in.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I'm curious as to how many of our season ticket holders in Football and Basketball are over 60 years old and have underlying conditions...

I don't have any illusions that even the threat of a horrible death would keep any of them home, I'm just curious as to how many we might lose...

The Varsity Club may have a lot fewer members this time next year...
Maybe the answer is to bar anyone older than say 50 from attending? Hire a bunch of bouncers and card everybody at the door. :)

Might open up a new market for fake IDs for oldsters.

Maybe the answer is to bar anyone older than say 50 from attending? Hire a bunch of bouncers and card everybody at the door. :)

Might open up a new market for fake IDs for oldsters.

That is funny. ;)

However if anyone thought the anti-Michigan governor demonstrations optics's were ugly just imagine what things would look like if IU attempted to keep a older group of longtime season ticket holders outside the facility based solely on their age...:eek:

Forget bouncers..., you'd need to bring the 82nd Airborne up to keep those folks out (and I wouldn't bet against the old timers);)

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT