ADVERTISEMENT

IU starting to unravel....

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Pushoffs for fouls. Leaving their man wide open, Plowing to the basket hoping for a foul. Just tough to watch a team that cannot hit outside shots.

Pushoffs for fouls. Leaving their man wide open, Plowing to the basket hoping for a foul. Just tough to watch a team that cannot hit outside shots.
I don't want to jinx is but so far in this game as in the Providence game we did not unravel. Every time the other team made a mini run we came back.

Maybe a little premature there jack.......
we were on the fringe at the time of the post. We gathered our composure and started knocking down shots. Amazing what it does for us when shots start falling outside. The one constant these three games was our defense. It travels well. Freshman got a ton of playing time. Our starting guard AD didn't play today and we did not miss it. Excellent bounce back from the hot turd yesterday.

ok so what the hell happened yesterday? Bad matchup? Bad day? TJD took his vitamins this morning? Still not sure what to make of this team, but feel better than I did 24 hrs ago.
Everybody cam play, so if you show up with a half assesd approach, you’re probably going to get pounded. To be fair, UT is really good, but IU was never in it, and they should’ve been. Not sure how that’s still happening in Year 4, but at least they righted things today.

we were on the fringe at the time of the post. We gathered our composure and started knocking down shots. Amazing what it does for us when shots start falling outside. The one constant these three games was our defense. It travels well. Freshman got a ton of playing time. Our starting guard AD didn't play today and we did not miss it. Excellent bounce back from the hot turd yesterday.

You could see it immediately from TJD who was a no show yesterday.

AM has plenty of material to coach just from the last 24 hrs. Let's see what he does.

Glad we were in the tourney even I was robbed of my trip to Maui. Next time.

AM has plenty of material to coach just from the last 24 hrs. Let's see what he does.

I was just hoping for a trip to Asheville!

Well, Hot Springs really, but I'd have driven to Asheville to watch us play.

Reactions: largemouth
I was just hoping for a trip to Asheville!

Well, Hot Springs really, but I'd have driven to Asheville to watch us play.

Ashville is a good trip as well. More good craft breweries than you can get to.

It just sucks for all of us that we cannot attend games. I haven't been to Btown since the Wisky game March 7. Dying for a strom, Big Woods Nachos and some Mother Bears

Reactions: kkott

Do wish we could've beat Texas but that just could've been a bad matchup without our starting center.

Good to see IU completely outplay Stanford today and avoid disaster.

I’m pleased with how they bounced back, but I’m withholding judgment on this team until they get into the conference schedule. They could look great today and go on to lose 8 straight games. We’ve seen this movie before...

This was a good bounce back. Much better effort, much more aggressive play at both ends. Nice response.
I know one thing. Jackson Davis loves Lander. Lander gets the ball to him. I think TJD had a career high in points today. It was also nice to see Franklin get into double digits in points. It was also nice to see Leal on the floor. He just needs confidence. That one three he took looked good coming off his hand. It just didn't go in.

ok so what the hell happened yesterday? Bad matchup? Bad day? TJD took his vitamins this morning? Still not sure what to make of this team, but feel better than I did 24 hrs ago.

We are going to struggle against teams that are more physical than we are, particularly if there is a physical advantage vs our guards.

Yesterday Texas's backcourt manhandled our, no offense, weak guards and we couldn't get anything initiated.

Stanford isn't able to do that and viola, we slowly killed them like a death from a blunt instrument.

Going forward first see what kind of guards we are facing....if they are physical and long we're probably in trouble.

Our guard play is very, very, very average. It says something when our best overall distributing guard is Franklin. He's physical, he's quick and he's not scared to play downhill.

Hopefully Lander will get up to speed but he looks like a kid who should really be still playing against high school competition.

Good experience though early for him.

We are going to struggle against teams that are more physical than we are, particularly if there is a physical advantage vs our guards.

Yesterday Texas's backcourt manhandled our, no offense, weak guards and we couldn't get anything initiated.

Stanford isn't able to do that and viola, we slowly killed them like a death from a blunt instrument.

Going forward first see what kind of guards we are facing....if they are physical and long we're probably in trouble.

Our guard play is very, very, very average. It says something when our best overall distributing guard is Franklin. He's physical, he's quick and he's not scared to play downhill.

Hopefully Lander will get up to speed but he looks like a kid who should really be still playing against high school competition.

Lander needs strength for sure but there is no doubt the quickness is there.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Lander needs strength for sure but there is no doubt the quickness is there.

He's had some really nice moments for sure.

We can't forget he's really a senior in HS but he's got a way to go before he's anywhere close to an alpha stud in college.

I know one thing. Jackson Davis loves Lander. Lander gets the ball to him. I think TJD had a career high in points today. It was also nice to see Franklin get into double digits in points. It was also nice to see Leal on the floor. He just needs confidence. That one three he took looked good coming off his hand. It just didn't go in.
Lander makes things happen. Phin seems to slow down the offense. We need a couple of guards that will penetrate immediately in the offense, dish, move toward the basket or move the ball toward the basket. Once Lander gets past the learning curve, hits a few at a decent clip, and installs a fake, he will be awesome.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Great post. Spot on.

Reactions: TommyCracker
EFG percentage was over 55 close to 60. 1.2 pts per possession, and against the number 8 defense nationally.

So, ugh, yea, cool story, Jan...

Maybe the problem isn't the team as much as your ignorance of the game?

EFG percentage was over 55 close to 60. 1.2 pts per possession, and against the number 8 defense nationally.

You nailed it. Good job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT