ADVERTISEMENT

IU ranked 17th preseason...

Not only the only Big 10 team......also the only "northern" team in the top 25.....nice spot to be in for future recruiting

IU seems to have done pretty well with the "southern-most Big 10 school" angle.....I feel like UK, UL and IU are almost a recruiting triangle at this point........wonder whether Purdue can latch on with their new coach--he impressed last year.

Reactions: IUgradman
Not only the only Big 10 team......also the only "northern" team in the top 25.....nice spot to be in for future recruiting

By league: SEC 7 ACC 7 Big 12 4 PAC 12 3 Big 10 1 non-P5 3

By state: Texas 6 California 3 Florida 3 N.C. 3 Mississippi 2 Kentucky 2 Louisiana, Oregon, Arkansas, Indiana, Oklahoma & S. Carolina -all 1

IU plays only 3 teams (and 3 games) v. teams in the current top 25---Oklahoma; Louisville; Kentucky

By league: SEC 7 ACC 7 Big 12 4 PAC 12 3 Big 10 1 non-P5 3

By state: Texas 6 California 3 Florida 3 N.C. 3 Mississippi 2 Kentucky 2 Louisiana, Oregon, Arkansas, Indiana, Oklahoma & S. Carolina -all 1

IU plays only 3 teams (and 3 games) v. teams in the current top 25---Oklahoma; Louisville; Kentucky

1 game with South Alabama , Coastal Carolina and the four at San Diego should be good RPI games to. You’d have to think Maryland and Nebraska will be top 50 RPI Games at least to .

1 game with South Alabama , Coastal Carolina and the four at San Diego should be good RPI games to. You’d have to think Maryland and Nebraska will be top 50 RPI Games at least to .

That opener with Oklahoma in myrtle beach is very tempting (never been there), but i checked out avg high for 2/16 there ( only 59-60) and water temp is only 64-65----

That opener with Oklahoma in myrtle beach is very tempting (never been there), but i checked out avg high for 2/16 there ( only 59-60) and water temp is only 64-65----

59 ? Not exactly beach weather . I’ve been checking out SD . Facility looks great . And I’m sure the first weekend in March the weather will be just fine .

#17 caught me by surprise-awesome - can’t wait for the season to begin!

I live in Mobile. I was very excited to see South Alabama on the schedule until I saw where the game was. One of my sons plays travel ball with Assist AD's kid. I want this one bad. Good baseball here in South Alabama. I love it. Going to try and get my kid up to IU for showcase at some point. I can't tell you how cool it would be if he got an IU offer. I freaked when I saw us offer a 2021 kid already. go Hoosiers!

Reactions: RBB89 and ptrich
We went into last season with questions concerning the pitching staff, but with our experience across the board going into this season, I suspect we will be ranked somewhere in most polls. Over the past few seasons we have almost always had less respect in the coaches poll compared to the other polls, so it will be interesting to see what their preseason poll looks like.

One of my friends is Asst AD at South Alabama. I asked him for feedback from South coaches after game. He said he’ll be happy to provide. I’ll share when I get it. I’m trying to convince him IU would be good to bring to Mobile. Huge grin! I’ll keep working him . South usually pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT