ADVERTISEMENT

IU @ PSU predictions

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
In the aftermath of IU and Coach Crean's beatdown in an away game of a better than decent Michigan Team that had been poised to crack the Top 25, in which the Hoosiers eclipsed even the most rosy prognostications on this Board regarding the outcome and final score, the Cream & Crimson take it on the road to Penn State - an historically troublesome venue for the Hoosiers.

Following the virtual sacrifice of a medium-sized ruminant, repeated castings of bones, close attention to whispers on the wind and other myriad and arcane attempts at divination (in all instances WITHOUT recourse to mind-altering and federally prohibited/criminal substances - pity that), it is my unlearned yet nearly universally esteemed opinion that IU trounces the Nittany Lions by a score of 82-57. Why? In part because they can but primarily because they are beginning to grasp that knowing and not doing and are overdue to again display their Conference-leading shooting prowess. IU gets its Mojo on ahead of schedule for next weeks visit from the Hawkeyes and wins going away. Thus do I imagine.

:D

In the aftermath of IU and Coach Crean's beatdown in an away game of a better than decent Michigan Team that had been poised to crack the Top 25, in which the Hoosiers eclipsed even the most rosy prognostications on this Board regarding the outcome and final score, the Cream & Crimson take it on the road to Penn State - an historically troublesome venue for the Hoosiers.

Following the virtual sacrifice of a medium-sized ruminant, repeated castings of bones, close attention to whispers on the wind and other myriad and arcane attempts at divination (in all instances WITHOUT recourse to mind-altering and federally prohibited/criminal substances - pity that), it is my unlearned yet nearly universally esteemed opinion that IU trounces the Nittany Lions by a score of 82-57. Why? In part because they can but primarily because they are beginning to grasp that knowing and not doing and are overdue to again display their Conference-leading shooting prowess. IU gets its Mojo on ahead of schedule for next weeks visit from the Hawkeyes and wins going away. Thus do I imagine.

Thanks for bolding your score prediction - LOL! I'll go with 78-65 IU.

Reactions: Brockway
Any Chance they are looking ahead to Iowa and barely get by or lose it?

IU-90
Penn State-62

73-69 IU gets a good win. I say good win because any road win is good. And because I suspect that the Nittany Lions will be hacking our players, grabbing and impeding progress all game long. Referees will swallow their whistle at one end and then call fouls on IU for lesser offenses at the other end. It is a B1G road game. Any win is a good win.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

IU 79 PSU 63

73-69 IU gets a good win. I say good win because any road win is good. And because I suspect that the Nittany Lions will be hacking our players, grabbing and impeding progress all game long. Referees will swallow their whistle at one end and then call fouls on IU for lesser offenses at the other end. It is a B1G road game. Any win is a good win.

Hmm....while I agree with the general sentiment, I can't think of a time that PSU ever got the calls in basketball. I can in fact think of a few occasions where we got the lucky break in Happy Valley.

IU 78
PSU 66

I worry about every road game. I've got some friends that rented a van and drove out there yesterday. Hopefully we come away with a victory.

Hmm....while I agree with the general sentiment, I can't think of a time that PSU ever got the calls in basketball. I can in fact think of a few occasions where we got the lucky break in Happy Valley.

This.

IU has been generally fair to well treated in HV over the years. Anything is possible tonight, a repeat of good ball control, defense, and shooting...or shooting and coaching cluster f.

If we don't turn the ball over excessively and defend, we win. It is a simple formula for this team. Defense drives offensive success.

Reactions: TDH81

IU 80 - PSU 59

Indiana, on the road at Penn State, is interesting just to see if Indiana can sustain it's defense and intensity. Penn State is coming off a drubbing at Iowa.

Penn State doesn't have a great offense, true. But they are getting a guard back...Reaves, who can score (I think that he averages around 9 ppg) just is not a good 3-point shooter. Shep has a bad ankle and Banks has a bad back. Other than that they just need more talent. If Penn State tries to slow the game down, then its a different ball game than they normally play. It's a rough year for Penn State men's athletics. Glad IU doesn't play Penn State in hockey.

If we don't turn the ball over excessively and defend, we win. It is a simple formula for this team. Defense drives offensive success.
We can play poorly and still win this game. Many years not the case in the big ten but this year the bottom teams are really bad. We will win by 20.

I guess now you think many means one game. I predicted a Michigan loss and a PSU loss. One was right one wrong yet you claim i predicted "many" other loses. You need to stay in your mom's basement and play video games and stay off the computer. And yes i also have predicted 4 more loses for this team in the Big Ten. There is your "many".

I guess now you think many means one game. I predicted a Michigan loss and a PSU loss. One was right one wrong yet you claim i predicted "many" other loses. You need to stay in your mom's basement and play video games and stay off the computer. And yes i also have predicted 4 more loses for this team in the Big Ten. There is your "many".

In all honesty, we are both 50% correct as I predicted the Michigan win. Neither one of those prognostications sage or wise. It's blind squirrels gathering a nut.

With respect to whether I live in my Mom's basement or not...that's not any of your business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT