ADVERTISEMENT

IU projected to Stanford regional...yet UL still national seed?

hoosierfan35

Sophomore
Mar 11, 2010
That loss last night hurt us bad. From possible hosting of regional to projected 2 seed at Stanford. Yet UL loses and still projected as #6 overall. Go figure

That loss last night hurt us bad. From possible hosting of regional to projected 2 seed at Stanford. Yet UL loses and still projected as #6 overall. Go figure

Thats just a projection.

There are no "higher 2 seeds". It's entirely based on Region and IU is competing with Illinois, Illinois St and Indiana St. for the Louisville and Nashville 2 seeds. It is at the committees discretion where to place teams when multiple ones are closest to same Region like this and it has zero to do with RPI whether you are 17 or 32.

IU had no chance to host once it lost Illinois series despite what you may have heard on TV otherwise,

Reactions: hoosierfan35
Looking at the 2 seeds that are in our neck of the woods.....I'd guess someone is going out west. And our showing this week may have moved us closer to being that team.
But they really don't rank most of the seeds that way. Maybe a little, but they go more on location. I would be very surprised if they send us all of the way out west. The only way I see it happening is if they just don't have enough teams make the tourney in the western half of the country. But given that you have the Pac-12 and Big-12 conferences that will put so many teams in......they will send them there before us. (Well, not Pac-12 because they won't put 2 in the same regional.)

I just looked at a projection on baseballamerica.com and see they have us a 2 seed going to Stanford. They have Nebraska going to Vandy and us to Stanford. Won't happen. Both 2 seeds, and like I said, they will go by location (us to Vandy and Nebraska to Stanford) before they determine the ranking of the 2 seeds. And by that scenario, they would have us as the lower 2 seed to Nebraska? I guess perhaps, but right now our RPI's are 34 (us) and 35 (N). Certainly not enough in my book to justify sending them east and us way west. But watch it happen, just because I said it is a near impossibility. (And they did send Stanford to us in 2014.)

Reactions: mk23
And not only that.....according to the RPI rankings, Stanford would be one of the lower ranked 1's. So we would have to be a higher ranked 2 if they solely went by that, and I believe we will be a lower 2. (I don't think we will drop to a 3 just because we are the regular season big ten champs.) You know what I can see happening? They send up to Mississippi State. An additional story line, playing at our former coach's regional.

What did their players and coaches do that pissed you off?
I'm going to go out on the proverbial limb and answer for Court. They were obnoxious as hell. Think O$U football. Ever tried to enjoy a Saturday afternoon in Memorial Stadium stuck in the middle of a bunch of those clowns? I remember Stanford acting like they were above playing at the Bart and then celebrating with more of an "in your face" attitude than necessary.

I'm going to go out on the proverbial limb and answer for Court. They were obnoxious as hell. Think O$U football. Ever tried to enjoy a Saturday afternoon in Memorial Stadium stuck in the middle of a bunch of those clowns? I remember Stanford acting like they were above playing at the Bart and then celebrating with more of an "in your face" attitude than necessary.

I've always liked Stanford, so maybe I'm biased, but I didn't see any behavior out of them (that I recall) that was anything beyond being a really good team and really freaking excited at their dramatic win. and they had some swagger to them that a program like Stanford should have.

I've always liked Stanford, so maybe I'm biased, but I didn't see any behavior out of them (that I recall) that was anything beyond being a really good team and really freaking excited at their dramatic win. and they had some swagger to them that a program like Stanford should have.
I didn't notice anything either. I was there all weekend, except for the final game. I'm still pissed about it, though....but just for the fact of losing when we almost had it won. And Denato was in the bullpen ready to come in for the very next batter. So disappointing.....that team should have made it back to Omaha, and make a run to win it all. And the revenge factor.....5 years later, all different players and a whole new coaching staff - two staff changeovers, in fact, for us - I don't see the revenge factor playing a part, other than for the fans that remember that regional.

The coaches were not the issue although they did nothing to stop the players from their ahole taunting. Recall one crossing the plate, stopping, turning to the IU fans and kissing his biceps one at a time. As the fans booed, the players leaned out of the dugout waving "bring it". Their pitcher whining and sobbing about the sprinkling rain before the delay. Just dicks.

There weren't that many Stanford fans there, some parents...but I loved the comments about IU fans..."nice midwestern people, but you don't know anything about baseball"

Iu was the better team but a three hour rain delay and a freak hit cost them the series.

The coaches were not the issue although they did nothing to stop the players from their ahole taunting. Recall one crossing the plate, stopping, turning to the IU fans and kissing his biceps one at a time. As the fans booed, the players leaned out of the dugout waving "bring it". Their pitcher whining and sobbing about the sprinkling rain before the delay. Just dicks.

There weren't that many Stanford fans there, some parents...but I loved the comments about IU fans..."nice midwestern people, but you don't know anything about baseball"

Iu was the better team but a three hour rain delay and a freak hit cost them the series.
I forgot about the bicep BS!

ADVERTISEMENT