ADVERTISEMENT

IU planning for 100% capacity this fall...

My wife and I got vaccinated, as are most people I know. But, explain this logic to me, since you're trying to politicize this. If a significant portion of the population, particularly those in the higher risk groups, are all vaccinated, then they're basically covered about as well as possible against either contracting the virus or at least experiencing serious effects. So, those that choose to, are covered. As for those that choose not to for health reasons (and yes, there are definitely legitimate ones for certain people), or choose not to for whatever other reason (be it unjustified paranoia or not), why do any of you care? They're the ones that are assuming the risk.

This virus, along with all of the other communicable diseases that are floating around, are never going to be completely eradicated. What's with the shaming? We all now have gotten or will soon be getting the shot(s). Good for us. Let's all move on with things, and quit with the constant goalpost-moving over the standards for returning to normalcy, and what will be required to circulate in society again.
Why can’t Covid 19 be eliminated? Smallpox was eliminated. Polio is on its way out. Same with measles and malaria. A big thank you to the world health organization. I don’t know if it will take a year or decades.

And why shouldn’t you care?

One last question: would you get on an airplane if you felt there was a 95% chance that it would not fall out of the sky?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I just read an article dated June 18 that said that the Covid protocols for football games is still being worked out.

Reactions: vesuvius13
There are many reasons people don't get vaccinate but it doesn't make them idiots any more than getting the vaccinate makes people sheep just going along. Getting back to normal is an important thing to do and putting people in a group to attack the isn't the way to do that.

We are all fans of IUFB here and that should bind us and be our focus leaving the rest to another arena. IUFB is poised to do what they haven't done in ages and I want to see more people out supporting this team this Fall. A stadium not full with IU fans is a crime with the way these players play.
People who have recovered from Covid do not need to be vaccinated, e.g. IU
fraternity members.

Reactions: vesuvius13
People who have recovered from Covid do not need to be vaccinated, e.g. IU
fraternity members.
That’s not true! Or at least nobody knows for certain if that’s true. Nobody knows yet how long resistance will last if you already had COVID-19. And nobody is certain long this most likely temporary immunity will last if you got a vaccination.

To say that someone does not need to be vaccinated if they have had COVID-19 is flawed logic at best. It’s possible that you’re absolutely correct. But if you are it would be because it was a lucky guess. And such a lucky guesses are not driven by science.

Last edited:
That’s not true! Or at least nobody knows for certain if that’s true. Nobody knows yet how long resistance well I asked if you already had COVID-19. No windows how long this most likely temporary immunity will last if you got a vaccination.

To say that someone does not need to be vaccinated if they have had COVID-19 is flawed logic at best. It’s possible that you’re absolutely correct. But if you are it would be because it was a lucky guess. And such a lucky gases are not driven by science.
Here you go

Here you go

That article still says people that have had covid should still get the vaccine. May want to read it in its entirety.

Having covid does seem to give people some resistance to getting it again but even the article says it doesn't know how long that lasts. Plus, I don't think 50,000 is big enough to be conclusive, especially when they say the demographics of the study were younger, healthy people and not a full representation of the general population.

Dumb. Cheney got removed from leadership position for not being a trump sheep. Mcconnell tells all of the senate gop sheep how to vote. You were saying?
Sorry, you're the uninformed one. Cheney got removed because Trump is old news, rehashing stuff in the past and not focusing on issues that will help get republicans elected in 2022 got her ousted from that position. Her role was to champion the conservative agenda not trash Trump. He is old news. Every time she went before the media, she focused on Trump rather than issues with the border, inflation, law and order, the economy, and radical democrat legislation she failed in her designated role.

Right now, on HR1 and the "infrastructure" (not) bill Mconnell doesn't have to tell republicans how to vote, both bills are terrible, irresponsible legislation that hurt election integrity and will drive inflation (which is very bad now). How do you like your gasoline cost now, it will get worse before it gets better. The cost of energy drives the cost of virtually everything.

Do yourself a favor, inform yourself rather than rely on CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, etc. which just promote democrat talking points.

Lastly, apparently the vax unexpectantly impacts red blood cells. It may very well turn out the non-vaxxers were smart.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Sorry, you're the uninformed one. Cheney got removed because Trump is old news, rehashing stuff in the past and not focusing on issues that will help get republicans elected in 2022 got her ousted from that position. Her role was to champion the conservative agenda not trash Trump. He is old news. Every time she went before the media, she focused on Trump rather than issues with the border, inflation, law and order, the economy, and radical democrat legislation she failed in her designated role.

Right now, on HR1 and the "infrastructure" (not) bill Mconnell doesn't have to tell republicans how to vote, both bills are terrible, irresponsible legislation that hurt election integrity and will drive inflation (which is very bad now). How do you like your gasoline cost now, it will get worse before it gets better. The cost of energy drives the cost of virtually everything.

Do yourself a favor, inform yourself rather than rely on CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, etc. which just promote democrat talking points.

Lastly, apparently the vax unexpectantly impacts red blood cells. It may very well turn out the non-vaxxers were smart.
dumb. Faux News/Newsmax sheep

Cheney voted 95% of the time with Trump but as soon as she wasn't his sheep, bye bye.

Have fun being a sheep. Maybe some day you'll learn outside of your little sheep bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT