ADVERTISEMENT

IU planning for 100% capacity this fall...

RBB89

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
As plans are being made for the fall sports and beyond in the 2021-22 school year, including what should be very exciting Indiana football and basketball seasons, tickets are now on sale for Hoosiers football, and they've been selling like hotcakes

“There is no Plan B or Plan C either, just a Plan A,'' Gray said. "We are operating on the premise that we'll have 100 percent capacity in the fall and things will be back to normal.''

I imagine but that will require vaccinations cards. When I was a kid I was not allowed to attend school without having certain vaccinations. This shouldn't be any kind of an issue but I'm sure that will be.

I imagine but that will require vaccinations cards. When I was a kid I was not allowed to attend school without having certain vaccinations. This shouldn't be any kind of an issue but I'm sure that will be.
Scan ticket, walk through metal detector, check bag/purse, check vaccine record....With a capacity crowd, if you line up an hour before kickoff there's a fighting chance you could be in your seat before the start of the game.

Scan ticket, walk through metal detector, check bag/purse, check vaccine record....With a capacity crowd, if you line up an hour before kickoff there's a fighting chance you could be in your seat before the start of the game.

Hardly anybody is in their seat at the beginning of the game anyway. Particularly on the student side.. When I was in college we all had to get a swine flu shot one year. And the swine flu never materialized. It wasn’t a big deal with anybody.

I don't think so. By that time everyone who is going to get vaccinated will be vaccinated. The holdouts may be idiots, but there won't be any practical way to keep them out of the stadium. I wish there was -- it would be a good incentive for people to get the shot who otherwise wouldn't.

I don't think so. By that time everyone who is going to get vaccinated will be vaccinated. The holdouts may be idiots, but there won't be any practical way to keep them out of the stadium. I wish there was -- it would be a good incentive for people to get the shot who otherwise wouldn't.
There are many reasons people don't get vaccinate but it doesn't make them idiots any more than getting the vaccinate makes people sheep just going along. Getting back to normal is an important thing to do and putting people in a group to attack the isn't the way to do that.

We are all fans of IUFB here and that should bind us and be our focus leaving the rest to another arena. IUFB is poised to do what they haven't done in ages and I want to see more people out supporting this team this Fall. A stadium not full with IU fans is a crime with the way these players play.

Last edited:
There are many reasons people don't get vaccinate but it doesn't make them idiots any more than getting the vaccinate makes people sheep just going along. Getting back to normal is an important thing to do and putting people in a group to attack the isn't the way to do that.

We are all fans of IUFB here and that should bind us and be our focus leaving the rest to another arena. IUFB is poised to do what they haven't done in ages and I want to see more people out supporting this team this Fall. A stadium not full with IU fans is a crime with the way this players play.
Thank you,well said and I could not agree more.

Fear of needles,, hoax, microchips, pandora's box for other ailments, illegally in U.S., trying to hide because of parole violations etc, member of GOP

Last edited:

We are all fans of IUFB here and that should bind us and be our focus leaving the rest to another arena. IUFB is poised to do what they haven't done in ages and I want to see more people out supporting this team this Fall. A stadium not full with IU fans is a crime with the way these players play.

Nice post.

Fear of needles,, hoax, microchips, pandora's box for other ailments, illegally in U.S., trying to hide because of parole violations etc, member of GOP
My wife and I got vaccinated, as are most people I know. But, explain this logic to me, since you're trying to politicize this. If a significant portion of the population, particularly those in the higher risk groups, are all vaccinated, then they're basically covered about as well as possible against either contracting the virus or at least experiencing serious effects. So, those that choose to, are covered. As for those that choose not to for health reasons (and yes, there are definitely legitimate ones for certain people), or choose not to for whatever other reason (be it unjustified paranoia or not), why do any of you care? They're the ones that are assuming the risk.

This virus, along with all of the other communicable diseases that are floating around, are never going to be completely eradicated. What's with the shaming? We all now have gotten or will soon be getting the shot(s). Good for us. Let's all move on with things, and quit with the constant goalpost-moving over the standards for returning to normalcy, and what will be required to circulate in society again.

As plans are being made for the fall sports and beyond in the 2021-22 school year, including what should be very exciting Indiana football and basketball seasons, tickets are now on sale for Hoosiers football, and they've been selling like hotcakes

“There is no Plan B or Plan C either, just a Plan A,'' Gray said. "We are operating on the premise that we'll have 100 percent capacity in the fall and things will be back to normal.''

Unfortunately, IU was attracting only about 25-30 % attendance anyway pre-Covid.

If we're able to kick the big boys' arrogant asses, that percentage will rightfully go up.

Unfortunately, IU was attracting only about 25-30 % attendance anyway pre-Covid.

If we're able to kick the big boys' arrogant asses, that percentage will rightfully go up.
Are you seriously suggesting that our average attendance pre-covid was 12,000? We averaged like 42k.

Also, for the love of God, we’re already beating the big boys.

There are multiple reasons...the biggest of which is being an idiot trump-sheep.

I know numerous people that did not get the vaccine and they are NOT a Republican or an ‘idiot Trump sheep’
They are simply leery of a vaccine that was rushed into production.
It has NOT been approved by the FDA but has been authorized by the FDA for emergency use.
Others are not comfortable being bribed to take a shot with free concert tickets or a 12 pack of beer.
You could just as easily call the people who did get the shot Biden or Democrat sheep.
Getting the shot is a personal choice and decision,not everything you don’t agree with is politically driven and it doesn’t make you a sheep.

I know numerous people that did not get the vaccine and they are NOT a Republican or an ‘idiot Trump sheep’
They are simply leery of a vaccine that was rushed into production.
It has NOT been approved by the FDA but has been authorized by the FDA for emergency use.
Others are not comfortable being bribed to take a shot with free concert tickets or a 12 pack of beer.
You could just as easily call the people who did get the shot Biden or Democrat sheep.
Getting the shot is a personal choice and decision,not everything you don’t agree with is politically driven and it doesn’t make you a sheep.
The vaccine was not “rushed into production” without a thorough vetting by the FDA. But I don’t give 2 shits who does or doesn’t get the vaccine. I had COVID, it sucked, and I’m going to make damn sure I’m low risk for getting it again. Thus vaccination. But don’t give a rip who else decides to

The vaccine was not “rushed into production” without a thorough vetting by the FDA. But I don’t give 2 shits who does or doesn’t get the vaccine. I had COVID, it sucked, and I’m going to make damn sure I’m low risk for getting it again. Thus vaccination. But don’t give a rip who else decides to
I had COVID,did not get the vaccine and I’m neither a Trump sheep or Republican.

There are multiple reasons...the biggest of which is being an idiot trump-sheep.

This is such a dumb post. Trump got the vaccine. His kids got the vaccine. Him and his family have encouraged people to get the vaccine.

My decision on whether or not to get the vaccine has zero to do with any politician and everything to go with my personal beliefs and what I feel like is best for me and my family.

This is such a dumb post. Trump got the vaccine. His kids got the vaccine. Him and his family have encouraged people to get the vaccine.

My decision on whether or not to get the vaccine has zero to do with any politician and everything to go with my personal beliefs and what I feel like is best for me and my family.
Then my post did not refer to you. My post refers to the largest group of non-vaxers.

While any non-medical reason for not getting the jab is unfortunate and risky, and I hope that you reconsider...I get that some are non-political. My post refers to the largest group...the trump sheep.

Then my post did not refer to you. My post refers to the largest group of non-vaxers.

While any non-medical reason for not getting the jab is unfortunate and risky, and I hope that you reconsider...I get that some are non-political. My post refers to the largest group...the trump sheep.
And you’re basing “largest group” on what exactly

you’re FOS. You have Zero data to support this claim other than your bias that CNN has given you. Kind of sheep like?

Approximately 30% of Republicans are not going to get vaccinated while 5% of Democrats are not going to get vaccinated.

Different mindset and Trump sheep are 2 different things. I’m conservative BUT I despise Trump & I’m vaccinated…..

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Approximately 30% of Republicans are not going to get vaccinated while 5% of Democrats are not going to get vaccinated.

Perhaps a number of folks are not "sheep" for not getting the vaccine, but believe in herd immunity and have doubts about a vaccine where the manufacturers have zero financial liability.

I got the vaccine because I am an at risk group due to age, but my doctor(who also got the vaccine) told me he advised women of child bearing age not to get the vaccine - too little known about potential effects to children in the womb.

Responding to the "Trump sheep" premise, conservatives, in general have diverse thoughts which is why republicans in congress cannot be relied upon to vote in lockstep with virtually anything while the true "sheep" are democrats that toe the party line universally. Very few republicans universally approve of everything Donald Trump says and does. In fact, it is democrats/progressives that are trying to shove group think down the throats of all Americans up to, and including, cancelling conservative opinions on social media and in their careers. My local congressman told me the other day that democrats are scared s-less of Nancy Pelosi. Why? Because if they don't toe the party line, they'll be "punished." Even if the position their party takes harms their constituents or American citizens in general. Let that sink in.

Perhaps a number of folks are not "sheep" for not getting the vaccine, but believe in herd immunity and have doubts about a vaccine where the manufacturers have zero financial liability.

I got the vaccine because I am an at risk group due to age, but my doctor(who also got the vaccine) told me he advised women of child bearing age not to get the vaccine - too little known about potential effects to children in the womb.

Responding to the "Trump sheep" premise, conservatives, in general have diverse thoughts which is why republicans in congress cannot be relied upon to vote in lockstep with virtually anything while the true "sheep" are democrats that toe the party line universally. Very few republicans universally approve of everything Donald Trump says and does. In fact, it is democrats/progressives that are trying to shove group think down the throats of all Americans up to, and including, cancelling conservative opinions on social media and in their careers. My local congressman told me the other day that democrats are scared s-less of Nancy Pelosi. Why? Because if they don't toe the party line, they'll be "punished." Even if the position their party takes harms their constituents or American citizens in general. Let that sink in.

Dumb. Cheney got removed from leadership position for not being a trump sheep. Mcconnell tells all of the senate gop sheep how to vote. You were saying?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT