ADVERTISEMENT

IU Penn State got the night ABC game

Don't forget that Penn State has a top-5 showdown with Iowa the week after this game they'll be looking ahead to on some level, even with how they lost to us last year, and it is probably a big reason it is a primetime game despite IU's struggles. If IU goes down to Bowling Green this week and gets things sorted out, most importantly, if we can get Penix back working and feeling right, this could be a huge opportunity for us to sneak up and bite them.

I was at the '93 game in State College. We almost pulled it out. We were driving for the tying touchdown but got picked off at the Penn State 10-yard-line and lost 38-31.

Didn't Thomas Lewis have like a 93 yard TD reception in that game?
It was a 99 yarder.
I was at the '93 game in State College. We almost pulled it out. We were driving for the tying touchdown but got picked off at the Penn State 10-yard-line and lost 38-31.
I was there too. Very atypical game for us that season. Was our best offensive showing of the season and also our worst defensive showing after pitching two shutouts the previous two games. I think John Paci (IU QB) got hurt late in the game and ended up missing the following week. Cost us a possible victory over OSU in a close game. Big10 was really solid that season.

Didn't Thomas Lewis have like a 93 yard TD reception in that game?
It was 99 yards and a Big Ten record at the time. He also had 285 yards receiving in the game, which also was a conference record. The Hoosiers were driving in the direction of where the IU fans were at the stadium, which was just off the end zone, around the 5-, 10-yard line but surprisingly close to the field. I was wondering had we scored if we would go for two. If we did and had made it, it probably would have ranked as one of the greatest IU victories of all time. But it ended up in sorrow because it was so close. Penn State had a small crowd that day, only 91,000. And they played that lion roar every 30 seconds.

I was there two years later when our offense did nothing but help Penn State. It was over quite early and we were gone by the start of the fourth quarter. That was when we had our only touchdowns.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It was 99 yards and a Big Ten record at the time. He also had 285 yards receiving in the game, which also was a conference record. The Hoosiers were driving in the direction of where the IU fans were at the stadium, which was just off the end zone, around the 5-, 10-yard line but surprisingly close to the field. I was wondering had we scored if we would go for two. If we did and had made it, it probably would have ranked as one of the greatest IU victories of all time. But it ended up in sorrow because it was so close. Penn State had a small crowd that day, only 91,000. And they played that lion roar every 30 seconds.
If it was a record then, it's a record today. Can't beat 99.

100, no? Or maybe a few yards longer if the QB is throwing from the back of the end zone.
Passing yards aren't calculated from where the ball is thrown. If they rounded up from a ball that was snapped from inside the one, you might get a 100 yard pass, but I don't think they do that.

It sucks that we don't get Fowler/Herbie, my favorite duo is Gus and Joel, but it would be fun to listen to an IU game called by the premiere ESPN guys, I don't think IU has ever had them call a game before(at least not recently). Does anyone know what game Fowler and Herbie are announcing?

It sucks that we don't get Fowler/Herbie, my favorite duo is Gus and Joel, but it would be fun to listen to an IU game called by the premiere ESPN guys, I don't think IU has ever had them call a game before(at least not recently). Does anyone know what game Fowler and Herbie are announcing?
ARK/UGA (where GameDay happens to be).

Herbie did call OSU/IND a few years ago when they had that mini-GameDay to open the season on a Thursday. However, he called it with San Francisco Giants announcer Dave Flemming. Fowler's never worked an Indiana game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT