ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Ohio State Prediction Thread

Picking a 20.5 point dog to win the game makes no sense. But we're talking Tom Allen's Hoosiers here. I've picked 'em in every game so far this season, and I'm not stopping now.

IU 34
OSU 31

Go Hoosiers!
Oh, I concur! Will be a fun, tough, interesting game. Glad my OSU pal and his wife are not coming over. Would have been serious. IU is deeper. Protect Penix. Get to Fields. Secondary must stand tall. Get some turnovers. Get some decent yardage on the ground...early...please. Refs only flag the nuts. Well, I can hope.

IU 31 OSU 27 I have some roses!!

IU by 17. Yes 17
OSU gets hit and hurt early
OSU studs start thinking got to avoid injury NFL to think about
No fans in the stands not even parents
Selfishness over team pollutes the mind
Go Hoosiers!

Well the alternative is we get our ass kicked so I'm going with this narrative. Huge grin!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Picking a 20.5 point dog to win the game makes no sense. But we're talking Tom Allen's Hoosiers here. I've picked 'em in every game so far this season, and I'm not stopping now.

IU 34
OSU 31

Go Hoosiers!

I have just gone to liking your scores my main...I'm not stopping now.

I hate to do it, but I have to say OSU 34 - IU 28 in a close game. Fields throws his first INT of the year.

Hope I'm very wrong.

I do not predict games (I am really bad at it).
My worry is that OSU is just too good. If the team believes, we get some turnovers,......

IU 34
OSU 31

Go Hoosiers!

No pass rush from our DEs + an OL that can't hold up = OSU 42 IU 21.

Reactions: Lillyr66
It normally doesn't make sense to pick a 20.5 point dog to win, but we shouldn't be a 20+ point dog in the first place.

IU wins 38-34

The 20.5 line is simply to promote bets on both sides which shows you that not many are willing to bet on IU in this game without a wide spread.

It is unlikely that IU wins this game but it would be awesome if they pulled it off. I want a close game with no more key injuries. While PSu is known for head hunting, AHIA has been knee hunting a lot and we don't need any more injuries.

OSU 51-14. Ass whipping that makes everyone forget how damned good we actually are this year
I think there is a decent chance that, with this being their only "marquee"/measuring stick game, they might do everything they can to run up the score in this one. Throw in CKW, and I think there is a real chance that this can take off on us.

I think there is a decent chance that, with this being their only "marquee"/measuring stick game, they might do everything they can to run up the score in this one. Throw in CKW, and I think there is a real chance that this can take off on us.
Yes. This is OSU's only Top 10 matchup in the regular season and a prime opportunity to impress the CFP selection committee. They will not, at any point, take their foot off the gas.

We can score too, though, and Ohio State's defense has vulnerabilities. There is no way we'll score only 10 or 14 points as some have indicated above. I anticipate a shootout, and the point total in my prediction is probably too low.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Gotta believe, IU 34 OSU 30. Or tie 0-0 due to Covid cancelation.
Speaking of cancellations . . . MSU and MD has been cancelled, with HC Locksley and 15 more players testing positive as of yesterday. That takes the number of players testing positive to 23.

Linked below is a WAPO article about MD's situation. As it pertains to IU's game next week against MD, the article says this:

Locksley, who is isolating at home, first reported symptoms Monday evening. He cannot return to team activities for 10 days, but that does give him time to resume on-the-field coaching duties before the Indiana game if Maryland plays. The Big Ten requires players who contract the virus to sit out for 21 days so they can go through cardiac screening before returning to the field.

Locksley spoke with Michigan State Coach Mel Tucker on Monday and said the Terps were preparing to play. But the team never received the go-ahead from the medical staff to resume practice. The Terps will have a similar wait in the upcoming days, with their game at Indiana scheduled for Nov. 28 and no clear timetable for returning to practice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/19/maryland-michigan-state-football-canceled/

Speaking of cancellations . . . MSU and MD has been cancelled, with HC Locksley and 15 more players testing positive as of yesterday. That takes the number of players testing positive to 23.

Linked below is a WAPO article about MD's situation. As it pertains to IU's game next week against MD, the article says this:

Locksley, who is isolating at home, first reported symptoms Monday evening. He cannot return to team activities for 10 days, but that does give him time to resume on-the-field coaching duties before the Indiana game if Maryland plays. The Big Ten requires players who contract the virus to sit out for 21 days so they can go through cardiac screening before returning to the field.

Locksley spoke with Michigan State Coach Mel Tucker on Monday and said the Terps were preparing to play. But the team never received the go-ahead from the medical staff to resume practice. The Terps will have a similar wait in the upcoming days, with their game at Indiana scheduled for Nov. 28 and no clear timetable for returning to practice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/19/maryland-michigan-state-football-canceled/
I am 1000% on board with beating Ohio State and COVIDing to Indianapolis.

Why not IU? Why not now? I believe!
IU 41
OSU 38
Late drive and FG as time expires for the W!
Go IU!
This is a realistic score! We will not hold a Wilson/OSU offense below 35. IU however can score and we will get plenty opportunities to do it. With no run games to speak of this will be a long game! It probably will come down to stamina. Field goal wins it! Hoosiers by 3.
38-35

I predict IU doesn’t play next Saturday.

I’m not making a prediction but if I were a betting man I’d take the under.
A defensive game . . . interesting . . .

. . . IU's given up 35 to similar athletes, and 21 to two far lesser teams. The defense is getting better and is more effective against the lesser programs . . . tomorrow is a chance to learn how that translates to an elite program with elite athletes and elite coaches . . . .

A defensive game . . . interesting . . .

. . . IU's given up 35 to similar athletes, and 21 to two far lesser teams. The defense is getting better and is more effective against the lesser programs . . . tomorrow is a chance to learn how that translates to an elite program with elite athletes and elite coaches . . . .

I think we hold OSU to 28 or less....question is if we can run the ball well enough to get us in the 30’s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT