ADVERTISEMENT

IU offers 2023 guard Jeremy Fears, Jr., who left very impressed with program after visit

5 star, top 25 dude. All we have to do is win this year, and we can replace Duke. Just win. Just win.

Where are the players living now? For a while, wasn’t that an issue for the program compared to the Kansas, etc. of the world?

Reactions: BHAII
Could have done a lot better, but better than mcSlut.
Actually probably makes a lot more sense to just lease apartments for players. Let a developer buildout a separate building with amenities and then refresh every 5-10 years as needed. Put the onus on developers to do what they do and keep things current and attractive.

Almost looked like a young Zeek in that video. He could become a great player.
From IL, but he looked like a more north-south attacking player to me whereas I think of Zeke as more of a waterbug dancing in and out and creating driving lanes. Reminded me a bit of Ayo.

PS, anyone know the story of how Isiah got the Zeke nickname?

From IL, but he looked like a more north-south attacking player to me whereas I think of Zeke as more of a waterbug dancing in and out and creating driving lanes. Reminded me a bit of Ayo.

PS, anyone know the story of how Isiah got the Zeke nickname?
From Google. F'n Laimbeer......

Turns out Zeke is Isiah Thomas' alto ego. Bill Laimbeer gave Isiah that name when he was a rookie. That was a time when Isiah loved and appreciated living his boyhood dream of playing in the NBA. ... Magic and Isiah were such good friends that Magic had a room in his own house for Isiah.

appears that is one of about 7 different stories. I think there is an old testament angle to it as well

Reactions: BHAII
From Google. F'n Laimbeer......
Never trust a 7-foot tall, cold-blooded Sleestak.

iu

Actually probably makes a lot more sense to just lease apartments for players. Let a developer buildout a separate building with amenities and then refresh every 5-10 years as needed. Put the onus on developers to do what they do and keep things current and attractive.
Isn’t there a problem with that? I know you can get around it by letting “other students” stay in the high end basketball dorms. I’m not sure but I think title IX is involved too.

I believe there is a rule that there has to be regular non-athlete students in the building.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I Ibelive the NCAA stepped in ...
I think it’s the long existing rule that you can’t offer anything to athletes that isn’t available to other students. The Wildcat Lodge has non-athlete students living there, but I’m sure the athletic department has some input as to who lives there.

After watching the vid, I was impressed with the young man's passion and fire. Reminded me of past players passion under RMK. Sounds as if Coach Woodson knocked it outta the park. So nice to have this kind of professionalism in the basketball program!

He's not a five star top 25 guy... but he's a nice player. He's more of a 75-125 type guy.

ohhhhh really. Would you like to wager that his final composite ranking will not be a 5 star? I’ll take that bet all day. Let me know a price.

ohhhhh really. Would you like to wager that his final composite ranking will not be a 5 star? I’ll take that bet all day. Let me know a price.
I have a dollar on you not going a week without having to make 50% of your posts a bet about everything

Reactions: UncleMark
You ended your post with "all we have to do is win this year and we can replace Duke"... so excuse me if I question your rational.

Also, my kid has played against him since the 7th grade... in multiple tournaments. He's a nice player... he is strong and projects well defensively. He has long arms... he'll be a top tier P6 defensive PG. He can pass and sets up his teammates well, probably his best attribute at this point. He is a decent shooter but struggles pulling up. He is strong but doesn't have blow by speed and isn't overly explosive... very north / south.

ADVERTISEMENT