ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Nebraska Prediction Thread

I have had a good feeling about this one all year. If you take the N off the side of the helmet and just look at their football team there is no reason at all to be intimidated. Frost and the Huskers need this one and I feel like they will come out swinging. I hope Martinez and Robinson both play because I want their players on the field.
I look for the Hoosiers to execute at a high level tomorrow. I anticipate our best performance of the season with just about everybody getting into the act. I like the Hoosiers 34-28.

Reactions: MrBing
I have had a good feeling about this one all year. If you take the N off the side of the helmet and just look at their football team there is no reason at all to be intimidated. Frost and the Huskers need this one and I feel like they will come out swinging. I hope Martinez and Robinson both play because I want their players on the field.
I look for the Hoosiers to execute at a high level tomorrow. I anticipate our best performance of the season with just about everybody getting into the act. I like the Hoosiers 34-28.

That "N" is for Nowledge.

Their backs are against the wall and they aren't going to quit at home. This comes down to defense IMO. If the D can keep N at 21 or less I think PM would keep IU close and Penix would score enough to win it.

Difficult to predict without knowing if Penix will play. I have noticed Whop is much more productive playing with Penix. Westbrook also benefits from Penix getting the ball to him with room to run. We need these players to have a good game in order to win.

I have guessed the last two weeks accurately picking the opponent both weeks and missing our score by 3 points.

I predict IU 34 - N 28 if Penix plays.

If Ramsey has to play, we will have a few more stalled drives from 3 and out, and unable to convert 3rd and long situations. That will give Nebraska a few more opportunities with better field position. I know Nebraska doesn't have a good field goal kicker, but he will convert on one of those extra possessions. I just hope those extra possessions aren't touchdowns.

I predict IU 24 - N 31 with Ramsey at QB.

INDIANA 77 > Nebraska 10

I.M. Who?!?!? ;) The ghost of the I.M. Hipp Game is Finally laid to rest...;)

Frost is overheard talking to Delaney on the phone (after the game) begging to have INDIANA removed from their crossover schedule...;) Later he's seen being chased across the parking lot by a crowd of farmers carrying pitchforks and torches...:confused: Someone is heard to suggest that it appears he's lost a step...;):D

*Lee Corso approves this prediction*

Last edited:
not sure why anyone has nebraska kicking a field goal and actually making it.

31-28 IU wins

Hoosiers get their biggest conference road win in a generation:

Indiana 34
Nebraska 31

Go IU!!

I'm not in the prediction business.

Good Guys 31-14 Bad Guys

1. I think the bye week helps Nebraska tremendously.
2. I think whomever comes out of the gates strong will run away with it. Blow out in either direction.
3. The crowd will either be Nebraska's best friend or their worst enemy. Nebraska is in a must win situation. Punch them early and they will fall apart.
4. I've seen nothing that suggests Nebraska is anything other than a very mediocre football team.
5. Will Penix play?
6. I don't trust IU's D.

I think the pressure gets to Nebraska and IU is loose. Hopefully Penix plays. Punch them early and run away with it. Defense creates a couple of turnovers.

Difficult to predict without knowing if Penix will play. I have noticed Whop is much more productive playing with Penix. Westbrook also benefits from Penix getting the ball to him with room to run. We need these players to have a good game in order to win.

I have guessed the last two weeks accurately picking the opponent both weeks and missing our score by 3 points.

I predict IU 34 - N 28 if Penix plays.

If Ramsey has to play, we will have a few more stalled drives from 3 and out, and unable to convert 3rd and long situations. That will give Nebraska a few more opportunities with better field position. I know Nebraska doesn't have a good field goal kicker, but he will convert on one of those extra possessions. I just hope those extra possessions aren't touchdowns.

I predict IU 24 - N 31 with Ramsey at QB.

I agree with this prediction.

INDIANA 77 > Nebraska 10

I.M. Who?!?!? ;) The ghost of the I.M. Hipp Game is Finally laid to rest...;)

Frost is overheard talking to Delaney on the phone begging to have INDIANA removed from their crossover schedule...;) Later he's seen being chased across the parking lot by a crowd of farmers carrying pitchforks and torches...:confused: Someone suggests that he's lost a step...;):D

*Lee Corso approves this prediction*
Is that a reference to the 1978 game? When I was a kid my mom gave a Big Ten almanac, which was about the '78 season, & I read that thing cover to cover for years. 69-17 they beat us here, & Hipp was a tailback? Wasn't he? Anyway, stir the echoes, redeem Corso, I concur.

Reactions: 76-1
My prediction is: my nerves will be SHOT!! I kinda' have a good feeling, but that doesn't mean anything. If Martinez is out, it's all in our hands. Just execute, & do what we do & we should be fine. If Martinez plays, it'll be more difficult, but still doable.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
Feel like Neb at home with huge crowd "should" be better than the MD team that has talent, but seems still a bit undisciplined and sparse crowd.

Penix opened hot vs MD and think he can pick apart Neb if he plays. Ramsey is a tactician, but don't feel quite the ability to take them apart as Penix can.

Neb will be playing desperate and fans dying to explode for positive results. If they got going early place will be on fire. But if IU can take wind out of their sails early, could see them crumble.

Heart: IU 31 - 14 Head: IU 28-24 (still pull it out and big breakthrough for IU!)

W/Penix
29-25 Nebraska

W/Ramsey
29-27 Nebraska

Hopefully one of them can prove me wrong.

Is that a reference to the 1978 game? When I was a kid my mom gave a Big Ten almanac, which was about the '78 season, & I read that thing cover to cover for years. 69-17 they beat us here, & Hipp was a tailback? Wasn't he? Anyway, stir the echoes, redeem Corso, I concur.

I was there. It was not a good game.

Hoosiers get their biggest conference road win in a generation:

Indiana 34
Nebraska 31

Go IU!!

Huskers 28
IU 14

Sorry, IU is still not quite ready for prime time, even if Nebraska isn't what they once were.

IU 38 Nebraska 21. IU has scored 30 or more in games not playing O$U. Nebraska can't focus yet. This is the year. Look to IU's win against Penn St in their year of upheaval.

ADVERTISEMENT